DMAA back on the market?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Recently I received an email from Nutri-verse saying something to the effect of "Celebrate, DMAA is back!". I also checked Nutraplanet today and there is new product just added by "Hi-tech pharmaceuticals" called "HydroxyElite" which indeed contains DMAA....I know High Tech Pharmaceuticals is supposedly a pretty shady company, or at least that is their reputation on the forums. However, that is not the point. The reason I started this thread was to get more information or possibly conformation that DMAA is somehow back and legal for sale in dietary supplements again. Can anyone shed some light on this?.

Swolljaboi

Awards
I was curious about that as well. Seems strange. If it was back everybody would be re-releasing it I would think.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd be pissed if DMAA was "coming back" if I was USPlabs because of having to destroy millions of dollars in jack3d and oxy

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I was under the impression DMAA was never truly "banned". It was dubbed unnatural and there were threats to all the companies but I don't think it was ever "illegal" or anything that truly "required" it to be discontinued.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was under the impression DMAA was never truly "banned". It was dubbed unnatural and there were threats to all the companies but I don't think it was ever "illegal" or anything that truly "required" it to be discontinued.
I could have sworn companies such as USPlabs received cease and desist letters regarding production of products containing DMAA

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've seen a number of retailers clearing out their last remaining stock of 1,3 items...maybe it's 'coming back' just long enough to sell it off perhaps...?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Basically this. Hi-tech has lots of legal issues and does not generally care about what is considered DSHEA.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Basically this. Hi-tech has lots of legal issues and does not generally care about what is considered DSHEA.
Yuppppp. So they want to capitalize on the market and they don't mind dealing with the legal stuff apparently. I have used both products. The OEP clone was good but both times I took jacked up I felt nauseous. Never had a problem with 1,3 so idk what's in it that doesn't sit right. I might need to lower the dosage

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thinks whats even more surprising is that bigger retailers are selling it, if Im not mistaken even Vitacost, but to answer your question i believe they are still producing and not just getting rid of old stock per se.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They think DMAA is legal and are suing the FDA, so in their opinion they can sell it. You won't see anyone else selling it though

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
The reason I started this thread was to get more information or possibly conformation that DMAA is somehow back and legal for sale in dietary supplements again. Can anyone shed some light on this?
DMAA is not "back", and never will be
FDA has a lot of hoops to jump thru to ban something - it's not like they go into a meeting and BAM! make a new law at snap of fingers
what they have done in the meantime however is effectively eliminate it from the scene with those threatening cease & desist letters, and product seizures
see below

However, in order for FDA to ban a compound in a dietary supplement, FDA is required under the statute to undertake a series of lengthy scientific and legal steps. In the interim, FDA can take direct action by issuing warning letters to industry to obtain removal of ingredients in dietary supplements and protect the public from potentially harmful products. FDA can also bring a seizure action to remove products from the market or obtain an injunction against a company to prevent it from manufacturing and distributing illegal products.

lol lots of legal issues, indeed
not only confined to what they were putting in product, but conspiring to murder an FDA agent and blackmail a former assistant US attorney general (among other nice stuff)..
jared wheat & his associates are criminals, pure & simple..wheat has been in criminal enterprises for decades
from a personal standpoint - anybody who would touch any of their products needs their head examined

some recent information, on wheat's continuing and endless legal issues..(cool vid included too)
For ex-pot kingpin, new trouble.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
not only confined to what they were putting in product, but conspiring to murder an FDA agent and blackmail a former assistant US attorney general (among other nice stuff)..
jared wheat & his associates are criminals, pure & simple..wheat has been in criminal enterprises for decades
from a personal standpoint - anybody who would touch any of their products needs their head examined

some recent information, on wheat's continuing and endless legal issues..(cool vid included too)
For ex-pot kingpin, new trouble.

But... GAINZ haha

romangod

romangod

Awards
Too bad so many people cannot be responsible with things that make us feel good.

lupis122

Awards
A few of the local mom and pop supplement stores around me carry 1,3 products still. They are products you can't find any information on online, and the manufacturing addresses on the bottles are incorrect. Really shady stuff

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 6
Supplements 0
Supplements 5
Supplements 1
CompeteNPC Supplements 19