Heart Health Supplements

warrior737

Awards
Im curious to see what everyone take for heart health supplement on a regular basis and why? It could be on and or off cycle. I want to incorporate something into my regimen due to the fact at some genetic level my family is prevalent to heart disease. I have used coq-10 in the past and flax seed at the moment. Another one of my friends recommended red rice yeast.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
look at offerings from IFN and Nimbus. they have nice products.

liftandletdie

Awards
I'd avoid red yeast rice since it could make your recovery from training slow down. I recommend Coq10 and or high quality vitamin E (with estrogen removed), systemic enzymes, magnesium, vitamin C, quality hawthorn berry extract. Avoid getting major dental work done especially root canals.

warrior737

Awards
Why the dental work?

I'd avoid red yeast rice since it could make your recovery from training slow down. I recommend Coq10 and or high quality vitamin E (with estrogen removed), systemic enzymes, magnesium, vitamin C, quality hawthorn berry extract. Avoid getting major dental work done especially root canals.

liftandletdie

Awards
There have been a number of Docs bringing this up in recent years especially the cardiologist Dr Thomas Levi. The main concerns are amalgam fillings (mercury) and most notably the constant toxic bacterial infection almost always present after a root canal. I believe the circulatory relationship between your heart and jaw plays a role if I remember correctly. As far as the bacteria/ toxins, I think it is kind of similar to residual strep which has been known to damage the heart. Also if my memory serves me Periodontal disease can influence heart disease in similar ways although this is not caused by dental work.
Sorry I don't remember more details but you can look it up.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There have been a number of Docs bringing this up in recent years especially the cardiologist Dr Thomas Levi. The main concerns are amalgam fillings (mercury) and most notably the constant toxic bacterial infection almost always present after a root canal. I believe the circulatory relationship between your heart and jaw plays a role if I remember correctly. As far as the bacteria/ toxins, I think it is kind of similar to residual strep which has been known to damage the heart. Also if my memory serves me Periodontal disease can influence heart disease in similar ways although this is not caused by dental work.
Sorry I don't remember more details but you can look it up.
This!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Im curious to see what everyone take for heart health supplement on a regular basis and why? It could be on and or off cycle. I want to incorporate something into my regimen due to the fact at some genetic level my family is prevalent to heart disease. I have used coq-10 in the past and flax seed at the moment. Another one of my friends recommended red rice yeast.
2-4g tuarine ed
2000-5000iu ed
multi
lots of veggies
: P

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Here's a good start:

CoQ10
Fish oils
Vitamin B & C
Grapeseed extract
Remove all dental mecury
Good oral hygiene

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lipid Stabil, Hearth Health and Cadence are all great options. Of course, fish oil as well.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's a good start:

CoQ10
Fish oils
Vitamin B & C
Grapeseed extract
Remove all dental mecury
Good oral hygiene
The bold statement is very important. If you talk to any dentist or cardiologist, they will tell you there is a strong link between good dental hygiene and good heart health. That doesn't mean they are mutual exclusive, but there is a link for some.