reducing cholesterol

donmezsa

Awards
hello
i wanna know what supplements you guys use to reduce bad cholesterol level.I think worst side effect of a cycle is cholesterol not liver effect.while i was cycling prohormone or even osta, i saw my cholesterol was on top.any suggestion ?

n87

Awards
  • Established
Give niacin a try. Don't buy non flushing version. It's not the same.

donmezsa

Awards
Give niacin a try. Don't buy non flushing version. It's not the same.
i will try
i used LGİ damage control, CEL cycle assist, LeCheek cycle armor but they are not strong to keep cholesterol in check .

n87

Awards
  • Established
Why not? Just wondering...

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Well, there are products just for this. Heart Help, Cadence, Lipid Stabil, etc...

Been waiting for Cadence to be back in stock for a while...

donmezsa

Awards
Well, there are products just for this. Heart Help, Cadence, Lipid Stabil, etc...

Been waiting for Cadence to be back in stock for a while...
Did you use one of them ? which one did you like ? cadence ?

wray98

wray98

Awards
Over the counter supps you can use are: Heart Help (iforce), Omega 3's, Red Yeast Rice, Cq10.....................

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Otc red yeast rice will not help. If you want to go that route, look for the Chinese ryr. Amazon has it.

Another option that helped me is GNC brand (I know, you can laugh) phytosterols

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Otc red yeast rice will not help. If you want to go that route, look for the Chinese ryr. Amazon has it.

Another option that helped me is GNC brand (I know, you can laugh) phytosterols. Dropped my cholesterol nicely.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Why not? Just wondering...
New large epidemiological studies show niacin improves HDL but creates ineffective particles that actually worsen cardiovascular mortality

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Red yeast rice sold in the US no longer contains natural statins and is thus also bunk

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Red yeast rice sold in the US no longer contains natural statins and is thus also bunk
would you suggest something like phytosterols? I used NOW cholesterol pro and it helped me.

BEASTZ6

BEASTZ6

Awards
Carditone. You can buy it from Amazon. It' the closest thing you can get to a prescription BP medicine.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lipid Stabil, fish/krill oil, and Cadence are all terrific options for those looking for a healthy cholesterol profile.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Did you use one of them ? which one did you like ? cadence ?

I used Cadence while I ran a 1-DHEA cycle. I didn't get after blood work, so I can't vouch for anything. I'm sure there is blood work floating around, maybe from the testing phases of the product. Seems like there's bloodwork on BB.com from one early log /tester.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also as far as Cadence goes, why not just purchase Astaxanthin and Indian Gooseberry separately? You could even adjust dosages higher if you wanted to.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Also as far as Cadence goes, why not just purchase Astaxanthin and Indian Gooseberry separately? You could even adjust dosages higher if you wanted to.

I dont see why not. I never priced them out. $16 for Cadence seemed fair. Haha. I may look into that soon, I have another 1-DHEA cycle coming up.

And I'm not sure what's up with Nimbus, lately. :/

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
would you suggest something like phytosterols? I used NOW cholesterol pro and it helped me.
Yeah, they can work in some people. Not terribly effective, but can't hurt when taken with high cholesterol meals

Carditone. You can buy it from Amazon. It' the closest thing you can get to a prescription BP medicine.
BP is independent of cholesterol though...

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont see why not. I never priced them out. $16 for Cadence seemed fair. Haha. I may look into that soon, I have another 1-DHEA cycle coming up. And I'm not sure what's up with Nimbus, lately. :/
They are still around, and I've heard they are releasing more Cadence soon.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Prickly pear leaves extract can prevent dyslipidemia through inhibiting HMG-CoA reductase. It also does a ton of other stuff. I'd also look into Artichoke leaf extract (pretty cool, does somewhat similar stuff to PPL). Shilajit is also worth a look.

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
New large epidemiological studies show niacin improves HDL but creates ineffective particles that actually worsen cardiovascular mortality
I hope The 200-300mg oft niacin im taking daily for General health purposes wont kill me..

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why are you taking it in the first place?

Moderately effective, there are better alternatives.
AS i said for General health purposes as part of a multivit and herbs stack.read a lot of positives bout niacin.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stop eating saturated fats. Do some cardio. I used to have borderline bad HDL (high 30s), and my LDL/HDL ratio was borderline bad as well, and i focused hard on just loght to moderate cardio and staying the hell away from saturated fats. Now my cholesterol is very good one year later. I try to stay below 5g saturated fat per day. Usually pretty easy

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I thought there was recent data that says satfat has nothing to do with cholesterol?

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Prickly pear leaves extract can prevent dyslipidemia through inhibiting HMG-CoA reductase. It also does a ton of other stuff. I'd also look into Artichoke leaf extract (pretty cool, does somewhat similar stuff to PPL). Shilajit is also worth a look.
Has there been any studies on Shilajit on cholesterol levels? I think it has some interesting health benefits in some of the readings.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
In my own personal experience there is not a negative impact with saturated fats and my lipid levels as long as the rest of my diet is in check (low in sugar and refined carbohydrates). In fact when my diet is lower in carbs (of any kind) and high in saturated fats, that is when my lipids are the best.

John Meadows posted his improved lipid results in a article he wrote some time ago and mentioning the high (or what most would consider high) amount of saturated fats in his diet.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Stop eating saturated fats. Do some cardio. I used to have borderline bad HDL (high 30s), and my LDL/HDL ratio was borderline bad as well, and i focused hard on just loght to moderate cardio and staying the hell away from saturated fats. Now my cholesterol is very good one year later. I try to stay below 5g saturated fat per day. Usually pretty easy
The data linking sat fat to impaired cholesterol levels is shaky -

(http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11883-009-0063-1#page-1 and http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/17/5/281.short and http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC322581/ and http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC322581/pdf/jcinvest00222-0105.pdf)

I thought there was recent data that says satfat has nothing to do with cholesterol?
- but not entirely based on nothing. Speaking in general terms, a diet higher in fat and lower in carbs will yield a more positive lipid profile and a diet higher in carbs and lower in fat will do the opposite (depending on the intake). HOWEVER, a diet high in saturated fat and higher in carbs may yield a more negative lipid profile. So to say that saturated fat will be a factor in heart disease will depend on the context.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably. Cholesterol is such a highly debated topic in medicine. I never read just one study and accept it as fact because there are so many hands in the game. You can spend hours researching every little topic of cholesterol (dietary, cardiovascular, drug) and find results showing success and nothing.

Hopefully over the next 5-10 years medicine can continue to find more out about the subject...both in prevention and treatment

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Probably. Cholesterol is such a highly debated topic in medicine. I never read just one study and accept it as fact because there are so many hands in the game. You can spend hours researching every little topic of cholesterol (dietary, cardiovascular, drug) and find results showing success and nothing.

Hopefully over the next 5-10 years medicine can continue to find more out about the subject...both in prevention and treatment
This.

Way too many factors to say with any degree of certainty either way. It is very much context dependant as well as individual based (some people are hyper absorbers of dietary cholesterol and some aren't).

Also LDL is not "bad" per se

xhrr

Awards
Stop eating saturated fats is a terrible idea. Saturated fats have shown no correlation between the consumption of them and blood cholesterol levels. I know of maybe one study and the association was weak as others have mentioned. Low fat diets in general are just a bad idea for a multitude of reasons.

Low carb diets which are generally higher in saturated fats have been shown to have no impact on blood cholesterol as well and actually improved certain cardiovascular health markers.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
LDL brings the cholesterol to the brain neurons and as such is hardly bad. We know the oxidized LDL is damaging.

With that said, it could be the fructose intake pushing the LDL up more than the tasty saturated fats in some.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, that is one clean diet!