BCAA dosage

damn shame

damn shame

Awards
I am ordering a few KG of bulk BCAA (2:1:1 ratio), I am still unsure of the dosage and when to take it?

Am I correct in thinking I take 10g x 3 times a day every day? (early morning, during training then mid afternoon)

Also does unflavored BCAA have any taste?

Thanks in advance

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Inbetween meals works, but my personal favorite is to take my aminos during my workout. 10-15g works is my preferred dose, but you'll see people are all over the board with how they take it. Unflavored aminos DO have a bad taste, so you might want to get crystal lite or mio to help you choke them down.

wray98

wray98

Awards
I like to take 10gms up waking... and an additional 10gms during training... If I won't be getting home immediately after the gym I usually will sip on another 10gms then... to each his own on them though.

Unflavored aminos will put some hair on your chest... mix them like stated above in something, during your workout you could mix them in gatorade or some sort of carb mix.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried unflavored BCAAs before. .. never again

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heinz57, much better flavoring agent and bigger gainz...

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't be using BCAAs outside of fasted training. Otherwise, in between meals to spike MPS could be beneficial.

damn shame

damn shame

Awards
I train at 11am (4 days a week)

I generally eat at 7.30am (oats with skimmed milk, banana and a scoop of whey protein) then some fruit and a protein drink 45 minutes before training. I always try to eat every 3 hours. Busy trying to loose BF at the moment and don't want to loose the gains I have made.

Might hold off on ordering the BCAA and see how it goes for another month.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I train at 11am (4 days a week)

I generally eat at 7.30am (oats with skimmed milk, banana and a scoop of whey protein) then some fruit and a protein drink 45 minutes before training. I always try to eat every 3 hours. Busy trying to loose BF at the moment and don't want to loose the gains I have made.

Might hold off on ordering the BCAA and see how it goes for another month.
Given your schedule, you would quite literally be wasting money on BCAAs. Given adequate protein intake you have plenty of nutrients circulating.