Protein, need help!

rj_xo

Awards
Hey guys, so I've recently started on whey protein but I need a little bit of advice. How much protein is too much for a 24yr old female to intake daily? My main goal at the moment is to decrease fat percentage. When is the best time to take it? As a meal, or as a snack? Most days I train of a night but some days I train morning and night, so when would be the best time to take it? Was also wondering if it's better to mix with water or milk? The chick who sold it to me told me it's bad to have it with milk for breakfast.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You need to figure out your total caloric requirements then decide on macronutrient ratios.

Higher protein intake would be ideal if you are dieting. More satiating, muscle sparing, and thermodynamically better than carbs/fat while dieting.

From there fill it as much as you can with whole foods, use the whey to help meet the protein goal.

It could be used anytime but post-workout may be your best bet.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
You need to figure out your total caloric requirements then decide on macronutrient ratios.

Higher protein intake would be ideal if you are dieting. More satiating, muscle sparing, and thermodynamically better than carbs/fat while dieting.

From there fill it as much as you can with whole foods, use the whey to help meet the protein goal.

This pretty much sums it up.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, so I've recently started on whey protein but I need a little bit of advice. How much protein is too much for a 24yr old female to intake daily? My main goal at the moment is to decrease fat percentage. When is the best time to take it? As a meal, or as a snack? Most days I train of a night but some days I train morning and night, so when would be the best time to take it? Was also wondering if it's better to mix with water or milk? The chick who sold it to me told me it's bad to have it with milk for breakfast.
Any help would be much appreciated!
In addition to Driven's post, there is no right time or right way to ingest protein powder. You can have it whenever you want. I personally have mine if I am pressed for protein in a meal and do not have something readily available to me. Also, use milk or water, whatever you can fit into your caloric range. Milk will make it thicker and have a better taste. I prefer to cook with it or add it to my oatmeal or make a sludge with cottage cheese or greek yogurt.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My wife likes to have a whey shake made with half milk and half water for her breakfast. after that maybe you would like some around your work out.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
From there fill it as much as you can with whoe foods, use the whey to help meet the protein goal.
1g/lb total for your protein would be a good starting point mostly coming from whole foods
Remember protein is a supplement . You use it to SUPPLEMENT your diet when you cannot get whole foods. I would personally use it in a pinch or when you have trouble meeting your protein intake over the 24 hour period. No necessary time to take it, just use it if in a pinch.