Forskolin stomach issues Resolved

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
Coleus Forskohlii

I don't know why I was not able to find how to resolve this issue so I thought I'd share what has worked for me. Pretty simple fix. Lemon water and apple cider vinegar. One or the other. That has worked wonders for me.

I bought 20% quite about 6 months back, took it for 2-3 days and the stomach problems were too much for me to handle. Very low dosage too. Maybe 100 mg at 20%. I had to stop taking it. A few months after that I tried taking it again and had the same issues. Stopped taking it.

This time around, I started having stomach issues similar to the previous times I took forsk but instead of just stopping I looked for a cure. Didn't find anything online except that the problem was caused by stomach acid. So I went with what i know combats stomach acids, lemon or lime and apple cider vinegar do. BANG, problem solved. Doing 600mg divided in 3 doses and not a stomach issue in sight.

Just wanted to share cause this Forskolin stuff is pretty damn good and nowhere was I able to find this fix.

I'll do one lime in water or two tablespoons with 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda when I take the supplement. Usually two times I'll do the lime water and one time apple cider vinegar.

If you're having stomach issues with the forskolin, try this.. it'll work.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Or try 95% extract from AS and nimbus :) glad you got the issue resolved op.

tybolton

Awards
Have you tried AS Forskolin 95 or Nimbus Reform? ForsLean has been great at 100 mg with no stomach discomfort. I never tried any other extract but 95%

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried AS Forskolin 95 or Nimbus Reform? ForsLean has been great at 100 mg with no stomach discomfort. I never tried any other extract but 95%
I have tried 20% and 95% and both killed my stomach.

To be honest i dont think this trick would help me because i am actually taking PPI (proton pump inhibitor) medicine . It lower the production of acid in the stomach and i am taking histamine H2-receptor antagonist/h2 blocker medicine which reduce the acid.

Even then my stomach was killed.
But i do have sensitive stomach. Even betaine anhydrous (not hcl) killed my stomach

OP ,
thank you sharing this with us. I believe this trick would help some:)

tybolton

Awards
Coleus Forskohlii

Doing 600mg divided in 3 doses and not a stomach issue in sight.
OP, are you really taking 600 mg of Forskolin? If you are, that might explain your stomach discomfort. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought 100 mg is sufficient and the sweet spot for those who can tolerate it. 600 mg is a lot. Wouldn't that be like 24 Forskolin 95 pills?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OP, are you really taking 600 mg of Forskolin? If you are, that might explain your stomach discomfort. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought 100 mg is sufficient and the sweet spot for those who can tolerate it. 600 mg is a lot. Wouldn't that be like 24 Forskolin 95 pills?
600 mg @ 20% is 120 mg of forskolin. So it's like taking 5 of the Forskolin 95 pills roughly. I've done a full gram of the 20% stuff ...but this stuff doesn't mess with my stomach too much...sometimes I get some minor toilet related sides...

tybolton

Awards
I have more stomach issues with ACV ( apple cider vinegar ) than with Forskolin. I used to take it years ago, but it tore me up. I know it has numerous health benefits, but my stomach just couldn't handle the ACV. I tried taking it with apple juice, but it was still rough. How much ACV are you taking? You must have a iron stomach to be mixing lemon juice with ACV? What are you mixing it with?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
From what ive read, the rise of cAMP is what causes some stomach issues, itself. Not necessarily from a lower extract of forskolin.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From what ive read, the rise of cAMP is what causes some stomach issues, itself. Not necessarily from a lower extract of forskolin.
this!

Tried low and high % extract. Both was same for my stomach

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Something that really helped me is using it more often. My first run with Alphamax (has forskolin 95) gave me diarrhea and horrible gas. Second run with it, still had some gas but not as bad as before. Now in my third run of it, I'm having no side effects from the forskolin.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Something that really helped me is using it more often. My first run with Alphamax (has forskolin 95) gave me diarrhea and horrible gas. Second run with it, still had some gas but not as bad as before. Now in my third run of it, I'm having no side effects from the forskolin.
Yeah, the body definitely gets used to it with continued dosing. I have always been okay after 5-7 days of continued use.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5-7 days for me too. I always dose with food, which seems to help some. When ever I start Alphamax, I will start preloading AS F95, starting with 1 pill daily for at least a week before.

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
I have 420 caps of forskolin 20%... been afraid to touch it since last run gave me... the run.. like 3-4 times in the morning :D gonna try this! thanks ts

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
People still buy 20% Forskolin extract? My stomach hurts just thinking about it. Forskolin-95 all day
This is blown way out of proportion. I take 20% all the time and it isn't that big a deal. Usually the 20% is much less expensive for the same amount of active too. I can take 1 gram of 20% every day and it will cost me $17 for 3 weeks. If I buy F95 it would cost me that much for a week at the same dose.

Granted, some people will have the stomach issues....but they are minor for me...and every product used to be 20% and you never heard about the stomach issues hardly at all then.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Regardless of the extract used, seems to take me a week to get over the squirts.

tybolton

Awards
I've noticed the same thing. The first run, I was in the bathroom 30 minutes after dosing. The second run not so much, and none on this third run.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is blown way out of proportion. I take 20% all the time and it isn't that big a deal. Usually the 20% is much less expensive for the same amount of active too. I can take 1 gram of 20% every day and it will cost me $17 for 3 weeks. If I buy F95 it would cost me that much for a week at the same dose.

Granted, some people will have the stomach issues....but they are minor for me...and every product used to be 20% and you never heard about the stomach issues hardly at all then.
I would have to agree. I don't necessarily look for one percentage or another anymore ..it's pretty much what is available in the product I plan on using

tybolton

Awards
I would have to agree. I don't necessarily look for one percentage or another anymore ..it's pretty much what is available in the product I plan on using
Thanks for this, the last few orders was F-95, but the other extracts were cheaper. I was wandering if the cheaper extracts by reputable companies would treat me the same as F-95...

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I dont notice a difference between 20% and 95%. I just went through a few bottles of OG Decimate with 20%. Nothing abnormal. I was taking F95 just beforehand, too.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
All extracts give me the runs, even worse than Alphamine Dumping Syndrome.

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
I dunno man but I started forskolin 20% again yesterday with 1 cap of apple cider vinegar, poop was stable this morning :D

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I dunno man but I started forskolin 20% again yesterday with 1 cap of apple cider vinegar, poop was stable this morning :D
Sounds good to me. Work it up slowly and things should stay that way.