Strength and power supplements

Gmead80

Awards
I am a 31 year old olympic weightlifter. Been training olympic lifting for the last 3 years. I weigh 170lbs and am 5'10"". I compete in the 77kg category and would like to stay as such. Currently I am in a 3 month prep cycle so I am training overweight at about 78-80kg. I can snatch 100kg and clean and jerk 125kg. I am looking supplements that I can use to help me gain strength and power. I am putting on size through food, I eat clean, take multi vits, fish oil vit D, vit C, and Zma daily. I am in week 4 of my creatine cycle.

Looking for any other supplements that would help specifically with strength, power, or recovery to train harder each week. I train 4x/ week as well. I have been doing a little research on DAA, amentoflavone, and ArA. Any comments on them or other supplements would be great. Thanks

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
couple items come to mind as ones that could help your goals -
MASS 550 (for strength/recovery) and BCAA+SAA (endurance/recovery), also MAX PUMP (endurance, strength), all FINAFLEX
also, our G8 is awesome for deep restful sleep, which of course will only aid in increased recovery levels..

we have a couple of outstanding bundles going on nutraplanet currently, plus they are running a special 10% off total purchase price at nutra for limited time, so you could try out a boatload of our product at next to nothing in cost..

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) The Supreme Mass 550 Stack (Bundle Stack): Discount The Supreme Mass 550 Stack Supplements

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) The Muscle Fiber Artillery Stack (Bundle Stack): Discount The Muscle Fiber Artillery Stack Supplements

cheers, best to you in your goals, and welcome to AM

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I noticed nothing in terms of strength from DAA. Amentoflavone would be a good choice. ArA is another good one if you don't suffer from any chronic joint pain.

I might also recommend Anabeta/Anabeta Elite. I've noticed some strength and size off that.

Also, just basic ergogenic aids can help a lot. Even if it's just creatine. Betaine Anhydrous is another popular ingredient that I would suggest. You can get a good deal for it in bulk form from SNS or you could go with a few Controlled Labs Products- White Pump, Stimino, Green Magnitude which contain it, along with some other ergogens.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should start a training log here as well! It would be cool to have a competitive Oly lifter.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You should start a training log here as well! It would be cool to have a competitive Oly lifter.
This; I would follow!

Also Sean nailed it,
ARA and/or Amentoflavone would be very goid additions

For strength that is really the prime 3 right now, creatine being the third, which you are already using.

Any natural anabolic would help increase muscle fullness, which translates to glycogen stores and available energy for the lifts.

Could consider Anabeta, Mass 550, phosphatidic acid seems well liked right now.

Of course fuel up before the lift, adding BCAAs to this, and taurine, could be worth consideration.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Things that actually boost strength/power:

Creatine
Amentoflavone
Betaine
Arachidonic Acid
Alpha-GPC
Citrulline
Caffeine
Ephedrine

Gmead80

Awards
Thanks for the responses guys. I just used ampitropin for a 90%+ day and let me say that was awesome. Felt strong as hell and helped a lot. I am going to save those for my heavy days so 2-3 times usage every 2 weeks as not to build up a tolerance. I am looking more for something that i should cycle. Honestly, not really sure what exactly I need. The creatine helps me with power output but I really notice my recovery between sets is faster. I will do so e research on ArA, amentoflavone, beta ine, and anabeta.

Would something that raises test levels be helpful, a lot of what I see is that they are a waste of money. My main goals are a better recovey so I can train harder. Something that increases power acutely while on cycle and strength as well. Not concerned about focus, energy, pumps, endurance.

Gmead80

Awards
I am not concerned with the pumps or endurance as I don't need it focus and energy I use caffeine and pres for if needed but really just for heavy days. Not that I don't need them more so I have that part covered.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Baking soda. 0.3mg/kg if you have a strong stomach. Strongman = strong stomach? @_@

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're going to supplement with Creatine, Betaine and COP, all of which will help with your goals, I would supplement with Performax Labs CreMax. It is a creatine product, but also contains additives; power/recovery blend, as well as a hydration complex. Here is some information on Betaine and COP:

Betaine Andyhrous or Trimethylglycine is rapidly gaining popularity, as recent studies have shown promising results as an ergogenic aid. Betaine can increase performance by delaying time to fatigue, as well increasing and maintaining power output. Its believed some of these performance enhancing effects may be attributed to its ability to act as an osmoylte.

Increasing performance by delaying fatigue
Improved Power Output
Enhanced Body Composition

Creatinol-O-Phosphate

Next up is a relatively new and exciting ingredient, Creatinol O Phosphate. Now do not confuse this with Creatine as it’s a completely different compound however they do tend to be very synergistic. Creatinol-O-Phosphate, like Creatine, can increase ATP production however it can also an intercellular buffering agent, which will help to stabilize muscle PH resulting in greater endurance and performance.

Increased Strength gains
Increased Endurance
Improved Recovery

You can find it for about $18 for a tub which is a months worth. It goes on sale too, Nutra had it for 8.99 recently.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Would something that raises test levels be helpful, a lot of what I see is that they are a waste of money. My main goals are a better recovey so I can train harder. Something that increases power acutely while on cycle and strength as well. Not concerned about focus, energy, pumps, endurance.
oh so you're talking hormonal then..
something androgenic...maybe like tren :D

blacklac

blacklac

Awards

Creatine
Amentoflavone
Betaine
Arachidonic Acid
Alpha-GPC
Citrulline
Caffeine
Ephedrine

Not sold on PA?

Gmead80

Awards
Risking sounding dumb here, are creatine ARA, etc basically what was recommended considered natural? I these are the supplements that I have seen talked about the most. I just came across prohoromones I assume this is considered not natural? I am just looking for legal of course whether it be the supps mentioned or prohoromones which I would need to research as I just realized this seems to be legal so a little confused here.

Gmead80

Awards
Not new to supplements, just looking for additional info. Totally new to prohoromones and what they are exactly, how they work, etc..

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
For betaines effects does it need to be taken daily or could u take it only pre workout?

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Thanks for the responses guys. I just used ampitropin for a 90%+ day and let me say that was awesome. Felt strong as hell and helped a lot. I am going to save those for my heavy days so 2-3 times usage every 2 weeks as not to build up a tolerance. I am looking more for something that i should cycle. Honestly, not really sure what exactly I need. The creatine helps me with power output but I really notice my recovery between sets is faster. I will do so e research on ArA, amentoflavone, beta ine, and anabeta. Would something that raises test levels be helpful, a lot of what I see is that they are a waste of money. My main goals are a better recovey so I can train harder. Something that increases power acutely while on cycle and strength as well. Not concerned about focus, energy, pumps, endurance.
also curious if anyone knows the answer to this question as well. The pikatropin in ampitropin is said to increase blood to the brain. My sister had a brain bleed that is hereditary and although I don't have it I do air on the side of caution. Would this compound make a brain bleed more likely or make a current one more deadly that it already is?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards

Creatine
Amentoflavone
Betaine
Arachidonic Acid
Alpha-GPC
Citrulline
Caffeine
Ephedrine
love ya work mr.cooper69

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
also curious if anyone knows the answer to this question as well. The pikatropin in ampitropin is said to increase blood to the brain. My sister had a brain bleed that is hereditary and although I don't have it I do air on the side of caution. Would this compound make a brain bleed more likely or make a current one more deadly that it already is?

what blood to the brain? brain bleeding from a supp?

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
what blood to the brain? brain bleeding from a supp?
no I'm asking if someone had brain bleeding that since the one ingredient increases blood flow to the brain would it make it worse or trigger it? Like if u have a condition

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Things that actually boost strength/power: Creatine Amentoflavone Betaine Arachidonic Acid Alpha-GPC Citrulline Caffeine Ephedrine
so if know it's say to take betaine everyday for it's dosing and it seems like citrulline is the same but could u see benefits from just taking those preworkout for strength? And could u do the same for alpha-GPC?

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Creatine
Amentoflavone
Betaine
Arachidonic Acid
Alpha-GPC
Citrulline
Caffeine
Ephedrine
What about

Taa
Ursolic acid
Maslinic acid
Laxogenin
Epicatechin

Found the strength boosting effect of citrulline Quite weak compared to others

warrior737

Awards
Everyone experiences brain bleeding at some level.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We would need a lot more info on the topic than that before making some sort of recommendation.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't forget Follidrone/EP1C. I set PR's on a regular basis with those.