Best quality protein bars on market?

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking for a good protein bar possibly low carb but has higher quality of protein not soy, whey isolate

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I'm a huge fan of Oh Yeah! Victory bars. That PB Chip is amazing.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
I've found most to be sub-par IMO. Some are fairly close to being more of a candy bar than a protein bar.
I have found the best to be the ones I make myself .... a simple google or youtube search will yield many different approaches.

Nyrin

Awards
It's going to depend on the parameters of "best"

• Lowest sugar, highest fiber: Quest, VPX Life Lift
  • High fiber, some sugar, "no artificial stuff": Victory, MET-Rx Prime, SAN Rawfusion, ANSI Gourmet Cheesecake
  • Moderate fiber, some sugar, some candy bar feel: MP Combat Crunch
  • Candy bar taste: FortiFx Crunch
  • Cheap: Generally store brands or Pure Protein
I eat all of the above in different circumstances. Just depends on what the goals are at the time.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been eating Power Crunch lately. They are pretty tasty, not too expensive and available at most grocery stores.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
One more vote for quest. My number one for sure.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Another vote fir Quest, or if you can get some vitafiber making your own is a better option.

Any flavour I want (lots of pro powder here)
Quest style texture, fibre content
Can alter macros if I want more/less fat/protein

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Big100 Cookie Dough

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another vote fir Quest, or if you can get some vitafiber making your own is a better option. Any flavour I want (lots of pro powder here) Quest style texture, fibre content Can alter macros if I want more/less fat/protein
and vita fiber is not very pricy and easy to use in other recipes too

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Has anyone tried the Quest chips?. I didn't even know they existed till I checked the website today.
No. Idk if I can justify the price lol. I'll probably try a bag at some point. Reviews have been good so far though.

dbenj7

Awards
Cookies and cream flavour quest bars are amazing. Don't eat 4 in one sitting though, I learnt that the hard way haha...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Has anyone tried the Quest chips?. I didn't even know they existed till I checked the website today.
Have not. will at the arnold, feedback is mixed on them... for 2$ a bag skeptical.

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
I've tried BBQ and the Sour Cream & Cheddar flavors and thought they were ok. 20 grams of protein, no fiber so they weren't terribly filling. If they had a $1/bag sale I might pick up more, but then I'm not much of a chip guy anyway. Then again, if you made a mix of quest protein chips and fiber gourmet crackers that could conceivably be a pretty decent snack.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Low carb and high quality protein... Quest.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Another vote for Quest. My biggest problem is limiting myself to only eating one (or three) in a sitting

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Quest white choco raspberry tastes better than actual candy bars to me

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I've found most to be sub-par IMO. Some are fairly close to being more of a candy bar than a protein bar.
I have found the best to be the ones I make myself .....
pretty much this
majority of bar nutritional factors are notoriously poor.. exorbitant amounts of sugar, high fructose corn syrup, unhealthy fats, chemical additives, artificial colors and flavors, and questionable preservatives (not to mention some have an abundance of sugar alcohols, which may wreak havoc on the gut for some ppl)...even worse, some of the protein sources may be suspect..soy protein is commonly used, also used are boiled animal scraps (which you can find on the label under the euphemisms of gelatin, hydrolyzed collagen or hydrolyzed gelatin) - made from slaughterhouse leftovers like skin, bones and various connective tissues, these inferior sources lack all the essential amino acids required to make them a complete protein, yet they boost the protein grams on a nutrition panel....

even the most popular among bb'rs (as has been mentioned itt numerous times), quest - you cannot trust their listed nutrient profile, as they hedged and inaccurately listed the fiber content, and found themselves in a lawsuit..

just make you own with solid ingredients you KNOW are in there...or, drink a shake - there is really no reason to eat a bar, period

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Snags- Do you have a link about that lawsuit?.
I don't have anything on official court docs att, but here is a random link on the situation...GNC is included in it as well

[Report] Makers Of Quest Bars Sued Over Mislabeling; Allegedly Overstated Fiber By More Than 750%

there is some dispute over the testing methods done in this instance to verify content iirc, I do not side with any stance simply noting information and the lawsuit that has arisen..

EDIT: well I just noticed the actual court transcript is in this link, here
http://romanoroberts.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/031117536688.pdf

Ca2pa

Awards
Quest bars to many flavor options IMO lol. The chips I tried the original 3 sour cream and cheddar and BBQ were the best I would buy again but as said the price just for 20g protein not worth it, if they were on sale definitely recommend. You aren't missing anything though.

kristina_nic1

kristina_nic1

Awards
Fit Crunch Bars are the best IMO. (Carbs: 27g; Protein: 30g) They also have a 'snack size'; which are the ones I eat. (Carbs: 14g; Protein: 16g)

I used to be a big fan of NoGii High Protein Bars too (Carbs: 21g; Protein: 20g)*
(these were my favorite until the Fit Crunch came out)

They also has a meal replacement bar if that's something you are ever looking for:
Super Protein Bar (Carbs: 38g; Protein: 30g)

I've never a big fan of Quest Bars. But we sure do sell a lot of them, so they must be pretty good!
I think these come in at least 15 different flavors! Lots of variety to choose from!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
pretty much this
majority of bar nutritional factors are notoriously poor.. exorbitant amounts of sugar, high fructose corn syrup, unhealthy fats, chemical additives, artificial colors and flavors, and questionable preservatives (not to mention some have an abundance of sugar alcohols, which may wreak havoc on the gut for some ppl)...even worse, some of the protein sources may be suspect..soy protein is commonly used, also used are boiled animal scraps (which you can find on the label under the euphemisms of gelatin, hydrolyzed collagen or hydrolyzed gelatin) - made from slaughterhouse leftovers like skin, bones and various connective tissues, these inferior sources lack all the essential amino acids required to make them a complete protein, yet they boost the protein grams on a nutrition panel....

even the most popular among bb'rs (as has been mentioned itt numerous times), quest - you cannot trust their listed nutrient profile, as they hedged and inaccurately listed the fiber content, and found themselves in a lawsuit..

just make you own with solid ingredients you KNOW are in there...or, drink a shake - there is really no reason to eat a bar, period
Surprised ppl did not know about that lawsuit.
that was as big as the Arctic Zero not meeting label claims LOL

I agree with you i eat a bar maybe once ever 3-4 months. Whole foods >>>>>>
and they settle much better than bars do loaded with artificial stuff on my stomach.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quest bars have the feel and taste of congealed vomit.

touchless21

Awards
  • Established
I've had them. The BBQ is way better than the cheddar sour cream. I haven't tried sea salt. I wouldn't ever buy cheddar sour cream again but I'm bout to order another batch of BBQ

turff49

turff49

Awards
Yeah, the carb count in quest bars is pretty high. Easy to make your own. I do eat Quest on occasion but not very often. Prefer my wife's and I know exactly what's in them!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Quest bars without a doubt, the best I have had (and I've tried dozens of brands over the years). Cookies n' Cream and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for the win.

Mrbolt84

Mrbolt84

Awards
  • Established
Victory bars are legit. The peanut butter chip is my favorite

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How are the Chef Irvine bars? Anyone try those?

kristina_nic1

kristina_nic1

Awards
How are the Chef Irvine bars? Anyone try those?
The Fit Crunch bars are my favorite! They come in two flavors: Cookies & Cream and Peanut Butter. C&C is the better of the two IMO but I'm not a big fan of PB to begin with.

Both flavors remind me of a candy bar. It has six layers so it has a few different textures compared to the chewy type of bars (which I'm not a fan of)

If your looking for a new bar, these definitely won't leave you disappointed! ;)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
NuGo makes some pretty tasty bars as well. And they have different varieties pending ones goals.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NuGo makes some pretty tasty bars as well. And they have different varieties pending ones goals.
So they don't decide on the variety they manufacture till I decide on my goal?. That's nice of them, but what if I don't tell them, then how will they decide what to manufacture?.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So they don't decide on the variety they manufacture till I decide on my goal?. That's nice of them, but what if I don't tell them, then how will they decide what to manufacture?.
Did you go to their website? If you order from a e-tailer, you can just select the line and then the flavor. I've had the stronger line.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nobody has mentioned Krave bars... They have a birthday cake and a FRENCH TOAST flavor for goodness sake. Many people say they top quest in terms of taste and texture even though they have similar profiles

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nobody has mentioned Krave bars... They have a birthday cake and a FRENCH TOAST flavor for goodness sake. Many people say they top quest in terms of taste and texture even though they have similar profiles
Never heard of Krave, I might have to check them out, especially since they have a French Toast flavor!

Promax Bars are also great. I've had their line heared towards bodybuilders and their lower sugar line which the main form of protein is soy protein isolate. It does not make a difference to me, but the taste is a little unique due to the soy.

I like Quest and Victory bars, but I'd much rather have a bar that has a crunch to it.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never heard of Krave, I might have to check them out, especially since they have a French Toast flavor! Promax Bars are also great. I've had their line heared towards bodybuilders and their lower sugar line which the main form of protein is soy protein isolate. It does not make a difference to me, but the taste is a little unique due to the soy. I like Quest and Victory bars, but I'd much rather have a bar that has a crunch to it.
scratch that... Now they're called krush bars

image-1717389882.jpg