Antaeus, your Ultra CoQ10 Product...

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Specifically, this one here: Antaeus Labs Ultra-CoQ10 (60 Capsules): Discount Ultra-CoQ10 Supplements

How much actual CoQ10 are we getting per 4 caps? What you have listed is the total content including the bioavailability enhancer. I’m currently using Jarrow’s Q-absorb which are gelcap CoQ10 in what I think is a bioavailibility enhancing fat complex? It’s 100 mgs of CoQ10 per cap though, I’m currently using 2 a day.

Second question is if you have any information in regards how the bioavailability of your product stacks up with Q-absorb, I also believe the the Jarrow’s CoQ10 is being sourced from the Kaneka of Japan so the quality on it of course is there on the Jarrow product.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for info, very interesting product from such an exciting product line.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for info, very interesting product from such an exciting product line.
Agree on that.

Interesting line up. Nothing interests me more than expanded research and product availability on noots.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Look promising but still think Ubiquinol is better.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Wouldn't it make sense to post this in their forum?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I like keeping my bad cholesterol at my current 80 I think it is ATM? :D

Pantethine is excellent as well. I've been taking that for a few months.
What is this "bad" cholesterol? And when you say bad, do you differentiate between particle sizes?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is this "bad" cholesterol? And when you say bad, do you differentiate between particle sizes?
Non-HDL?

My total was 117 (?), HDL was a low at like 37 IIRC, so the ratio is actually pretty good even with low HDL.

You probably know more about this stuff than I do, doctor tells me I'm a-ok or better, I just take that and run with it :p

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Non-HDL?

My total was 117 (?), HDL was a low at like 37 IIRC, so the ratio is actually pretty good even with low HDL.

You probably know more about this stuff than I do, doctor tells me I'm a-ok or better, I just take that and run with it :p
Fair enough. Id be the same.

Personally I look at triglyceride levels and LDL-p where possible..

A good look is: http://biohackyourself.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Mortality-v-Chol1.pdf

Where total cholesterol over 200 seems to indicate a lower incidence of all cause mortality. Of course individual circumstance (like if you are obese and cholesterol over 200) will change whether or not being over 200 is a good thing. But generally lower blood trigs will = larger LDL particles which seem to not be able to get "stuck" in the arteries.

Just food for thought. Do what your doc says though lol

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fair enough. Id be the same.

Personally I look at triglyceride levels and LDL-p where possible..

A good look is: http://biohackyourself.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Mortality-v-Chol1.pdf

Where total cholesterol over 200 seems to indicate a lower incidence of all cause mortality. Of course individual circumstance (like if you are obese and cholesterol over 200) will change whether or not being over 200 is a good thing. But generally lower blood trigs will = larger LDL particles which seem to not be able to get "stuck" in the arteries.

Just food for thought. Do what your doc says though lol
Interesting... so higher total cholesterol levels might conditionally be better? I should ask the doctor about this in the future :D

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting... so higher total cholesterol levels might conditionally be better? I should ask the doctor about this in the future :D
Not unless you are low. Cholesterol is important, but also staying within normal ranges, decreasing LDL and Tris and increasing HDL. You won't find a doctor that will tell you he wants to see you over 200 no matter your weight.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not unless you are low. Cholesterol is important, but also staying within normal ranges, decreasing LDL and Tris and increasing HDL. You won't find a doctor that will tell you he wants to see you over 200 no matter your weight.
Well, luckily my total cholesterol is alarmingly way below that 200 threshold. LoL. With a 3:1 ratio I think it is.

Side note, just posted the same OP on the Antaeus subsection. Let's hope they gives a reply, I want to save money on my CoQ10 expenses, chit is expensivo.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I agree in general. But it is highly contextual.

A good read on Carbs + Trigs: http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/2/384.long + Trigs and LDL: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1420088
Read on LDL-p vs total LDL C: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19657464 and further: http://content.onlinejacc.org/article.aspx?articleid=1138812
Further: http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/116/16/1832.full.pdf

Debate on cholesterol and mortality rates: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21951982

Wouldn't hurt to enquire :D

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Specifically, this one here: Antaeus Labs Ultra-CoQ10 (60 Capsules): Discount Ultra-CoQ10 Supplements

How much actual CoQ10 are we getting per 4 caps? What you have listed is the total content including the bioavailability enhancer. I’m currently using Jarrow’s Q-absorb which are gelcap CoQ10 in what I think is a bioavailibility enhancing fat complex? It’s 100 mgs of CoQ10 per cap though, I’m currently using 2 a day.

Second question is if you have any information in regards how the bioavailability of your product stacks up with Q-absorb, I also believe the the Jarrow’s CoQ10 is being sourced from the Kaneka of Japan so the quality on it of course is there on the Jarrow product.
130mgs per serving. Why did you post this in the general Supp forum?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
130mgs per serving. Why did you post this in the general Supp forum?
Did not think before I posted, have since posted under the Antaeus section hoping they can shine more light on bioavailibility differences between their's and the q-absorb. :p

henryv

Awards
  • Established

~135mg per cap (the rest is cyclodextrins). We believe the bioavailability of our nanoparticle/cyclodextrin complex should be better than that of standard solubilized (gel cap) formulations, but since our formulation is new and proprietary there's no studies to prove that.

Look promising but still think Ubiquinol is better.
The differences between ubiquinone and ubiquinol are minimal for most people, given that ubiquinone and ubiquinol are redox pairs that readily interconvert. Some of the studies may be skewed in ubiquinol's favour because of the commercial funding bias in favour of ubiquinol. See: http://www.totalflexblog.com/articles/coenzyme-q10/

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Excited to try :) Much cheaper than the Jarrows I have been using.

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
Excited to try :) Much cheaper than the Jarrows I have been using.
Cheap but awesome quality overall. Our line should keep expanding with many exciting products including rare compounds, novel dosage forms, etc.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Well, luckily my total cholesterol is alarmingly way below that 200 threshold. LoL. With a 3:1 ratio I think it is.

Side note, just posted the same OP on the Antaeus subsection. Let's hope they gives a reply, I want to save money on my CoQ10 expenses, chit is expensivo.
We've moved away from using ratios as guidelines for CAD mortality. Your LDL is good given no comorbid conditions, but your HDL honestly could use work

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Btw, for those interested, some brand new recommendations say to no longer use niacin for cholesterol levels. Apparently the HDL it produces is dysfunctional and can actually worsen CAD outcomes

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Btw, for those interested, some brand new recommendations say to no longer use niacin for cholesterol levels. Apparently the HDL it produces is dysfunctional and can actually worsen CAD outcomes
I remember reading all those trials. So what's left OTC for HDL? Nothing?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I remember reading all those trials. So what's left OTC for HDL? Nothing?
Statins still hit HDL pretty decently, but that's not important. What's important is that 2 drugs recently entered phase III trials for HDL, and they blow EVERYTHING out of the water, past or present