Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Supplements

klind14

Awards
What is your preferred supplement for long-term antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits (curcumin, ginger, white willow bark, etc.)?

liftandletdie

Awards
For long term anti-inflammatory I would have to go to proteolytic (systemic) enzymes hands down. No LD-50, they can tell the difference between good and bad CIC's (Circulating Immune Complex) unlike certain products-COX inhibitors, and under 27 are your first line of defense against inflammation naturally. I also do use curcumin here and there and ginger standardized for 5% gingerols, but not on a daily basis anymore. I've done the whole fish oil, krill oil, tart cherry juice, etc. thing and it never had as a profound effect. The negative is that systemic enzymes are expensive and there are not a lot of good products out there so it is easy to get burned. As far as antioxidant goes, I just use good ol' fashion ascorbic acid. It is dirt cheap and I can combine it with my magnesium oxide (also dirt cheap) for absorption to create a magnesium ascorbate. I have also used astaxanthin and many other things that just happen to be an antioxidant as well, but always go back to ascorbic acid if we are talking long term.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Na-R-ALA is a good choice.

A diet rich in veggies is an even better choice for long-term support. ;)