I race motocross, need supplement help/workout tips

Griz15

Awards
Hey guys,

So i race motocross nationally, but i have a BAD problem with arm pump (blood flow restriction in forearms causing them the pumpup as hard as a rock... lactic acid build up)

Anyway, i have some andromass laying around, but as i thought about it, i need to be LEAN and have good cardio, not be bulky. I race Nationally not just some local guy.

I cycle 3 times a week and also do circuit training, light weights lots of reps. Are there any supplements/pro hormones i could take that would help with my forearms from getting as hard as a rock (it is the leading cause of crashes btw)

So something that will basically help increase my endurance and reduce LACTIC ACID build up other than running/cycling. I took caffeine out of my diet as well because that makes it 100x worse.

Any tips on workouts or supplements to help reduce this lactic acid buildup in my arms/forearms?

thanks.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/prime-nutrition-taurine.html

I think Taurine may be your best bet for that.

I don't think it is "pumps" from lactic acid, if you are feeling a burning then yes there may be lactic acid. "Pumps" and cramping can be managed with taurine

If you really think it is lactic acid, try beta alanine or COP, the other options like Citrulline malate would add a pump so I won't suggest them

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
typically PHs will increase the pump/ problem.

try taurine upto 10g the day of your races. also start drinking pomagranite juice daily. pom extract will help too if you don't mind taking more pills.

hydration will be key too.. drink more water.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
So you're saying fatigue is the main cause of accidents? Cause I don't see how a full, pumped muscle could be the culprit unless its fatigued.

If that's the case, just get stronger. Lift more weight, less reps. Not just your arms, your core and back too, for stabilization. You wont suddenly gain 10lbs overnight. You can actually get stronger without gaining weight, through neuromuscular efficiencies.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I raced DH mtn bikes for 10 years and know all about the forearm pump and there is little that can be taken to help with it. Doing some gym work like farmer walks, pull ups, and also forearm curls with a rope and weight work well. You need to strengthen your arms and get your grip stronger so it doesn't fatigue. My Brother races MX and once I had him start focusing here, he can stay strong to the end of the race.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
that happens to me sometimes when I masterbate too much...
gotta ease up on the grip man! :p

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beta alanine will help with lactic acid and will improve endurance. 3,2 g a day

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another thing I would add is that improved overall fitness can help. More cardio work. I'm sure if you are racing, you are aware of that, but I know a number of guys that ride competitively and they could certainly benefit from better conditioning.

Griz15

Awards
Thanks for the responses guys. I have everything down correct from technique, using the legs, and i do a lot of cardio and some light weight lifting/circuit training. Taking caffeine out of my diet helped a ton, and also i took your tips on the Beta Alanine and Taurine over the last couple of days

Worked amazingly well. Certain tricks out there pros do and ive tried most of them and they work a little bit (bengay the most but you need almost a full tube on your arms) and aspirin to help thin blood works a little bit... and some take viagara LOL (not a joke) didn't try this though.... anyway I took a little over 3g of Beta Alanine and also took 10g of taurine. I was able to get in 2 , 20 minute hard motos (practice motos) 3 times today!! Usually i would do 20minutes, 15minutes, 12-15minutes. So thanks for the tips guys, knew coming on here and asking would help haha. But I noticed i was definitely supplementing way way wrong and that could have been causing a lot of arm pump.

Have any of you tried Rynopower supplements?