What are your opinions on supplement Transdermal Patches?

Hotspoons

Hotspoons

Awards
HI guys,

Been looking around for my next "thing" to experiment with and transdermal patches have caught my attention..
Ive been on the ageforce.com website and they have a fair range of supps.. Im from the UK so there is nothing like this here that I can find yet... only Vit B, D and some herbal sleep remedies..

Anyone have any opinions on how effective they are.. Id be interested in trying the HGH patch..

warrior737

Awards
I was also interested in those a while back. I really whanted to hear someone experience. From what I've read It looks to be some what ineffective? I am always into a sup that will help my recovery and sleep. The price point isn't too bad to try them out.

Hotspoons

Hotspoons

Awards
I've read a couple of reviews and logs for the HGH patch, seems to help sleep, not sure about any of the other benefits.. Although Im not that familiar with the main advantages of GH.. Its seems like its generally good all over..

The resveratrol patch looks interesting too, apparently if you have enough resveratrol you can live forever, but that means drinking 110 bottles of red wine a day.. aha!

May try one or 2 out, may get 2 as its $20 to get them shipped to the UK.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i got a 30 day supply of the old fat burner patches when they gave them away for free...just paid shipping, the fat was mildly effective, i liked the results for what i paid as i saw a decent leaning effect from it

Hotspoons

Hotspoons

Awards
Sounds cool!!
Were they thermogenic? Did they make you jittery or can you take them before bed?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds cool!!
Were they thermogenic? Did they make you jittery or can you take them before bed?
i put mine on before bed....one time i wore one to a golf tournament, i played good that day which is odd for me haha but i can't put it totally on the patch...never noticed any type of feeling from the patch itself other than an increase in leaning out over just my diet and training alone

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HGH cannot be transdermally delievered by surface patches

The 500 Dalton rule for the skin penetration of chemical compounds and drugs.
Lead- and drug-like compounds: the rule-of-five revolution

HGH Is around 22,000 daltons in molecular weight.

The *only* way to transdermally deliver HGH would be via microneedle technology such as that manufactured by 3M. And Ageforce is not using that or similar tech.

Don't waste your money.
Good to know! Never tried anything but nicotine patches, and was curious about these ;)

Hotspoons

Hotspoons

Awards
There are some reviews on this site of the HGH patch, some seem to be getting better sleep ..

With your comments in mind, this must be psychosomatic would you say?
Shame that, would be awesome to shove a patch on and have a boost of lovely GH..

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
There are some reviews on this site of the HGH patch, some seem to be getting better sleep ..

With your comments in mind, this must be psychosomatic would you say?
Shame that, would be awesome to shove a patch on and have a boost of lovely GH..
Better sleep =/= increased GH. As De_eB stated, the molecular weight of HGH is far to great to penetrate into the body in order for it to be effective. If you like user feedback, I suggest reading these:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=945556
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=277078
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=669673
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149534573

Sometimes user feedback is somewhat, err, unreliable.