AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Umm..

What?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
:D What is your favorite dose ara, the prework?
ARA is best used at 1-2g pre workout, yes
Most seem to enjoy 1.5g

Alongside a Carnitine salt and GMS

I use 2g ALCAR and 4g GMS

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
1.5 grams of ARA
1.5 grams LCLT
1.5 grams ALCAR
3-6 grams of GMS

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
1.5 grams of ARA 1.5 grams LCLT 1.5 grams ALCAR 3-6 grams of GMS
It is not recommended to mix Carnitine salts, it has been brought up a few times on AM and apparently you will lose the individual benefits of them.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
It is not recommended to mix Carnitine salts, it has been brought up a few times on AM and apparently you will lose the individual benefits of them.
I only use 2gr carnitine tartrate.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1-1.5g

so 4-6 caps of X-Factor.

paula

paula

Awards
1-1.5g

so 4-6 caps of X-Factor.

Studied shown that effective dosage is 1.5 of ara for 50days workout. Or is it consecutive 50 days straight to take 1.5 of ara even on rest day they will take 1.5 of ara?

Nyrin

Awards
I'm genuinely curious about this, particularly given that some products like Evogen's Carnigen actually have multiple types blended. I can't find anything with a quick search; do you know why you'd lose the individual benefits? Is it just a function of insufficient dosing of each?

tybolton

Awards
2nd cycle of X-Gels. The first cycle I ran it at 1 gm on workouts. This cycle, I'm running it at 1.5 gm's on workout days only. The pumps are crazy stacking it with SNS Alcar 500 and WFR

Reactions: mw1
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'm genuinely curious about this, particularly given that some products like Evogen's Carnigen actually have multiple types blended. I can't find anything with a quick search; do you know why you'd lose the individual benefits? Is it just a function of insufficient dosing of each?
I looked quick, this is one study showing negative interaction but I have seen threads going into more depth than this

Originally Posted by Propionyl-L-carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine in chronic fatigue syndrome OBJECTIVES: We compared the effects of acetylcarnitine, propionylcarnitine and both compounds on the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). METHODS: In an open, randomized fashion we compared 2 g/d acetyl-L-carnitine, 2 g/d propionyl-L-carnitine, and its combination in 3 groups of 30 CFS patients during 24 weeks. Effects were rated by clinical global impression of change. Secondary endpoints were the Multidimensional Fatigue Inventory, McGill Pain Questionnaire, and the Stroop attention concentration test. Scores were assessed 8 weeks before treatment; at randomization; after 8, 16, and 24 weeks of treatment; and 2 weeks later. RESULTS: Clinical global impression of change after treatment showed considerable improvement in 59% of the patients in the acetylcarnitine group and 63% in the propionylcarnitine group, but less in the acetylcarnitine plus propionylcarnitine group (37%). Acetylcarnitine significantly improved mental fatigue (p =.015) and propionylcarnitine improved general fatigue (p =.004). Attention concentration improved in all groups, whereas pain complaints did not decrease in any group. Two weeks after treatment, worsening of fatigue was experienced by 52%, 50%, and 37% in the acetylcarnitine, propionylcarnitine, and combined group, respectively. In the acetylcarnitine group, but not in the other groups, the changes in plasma carnitine levels correlated with clinical improvement. CONCLUSIONS: Acetylcarnitine and propionylcarnitine showed beneficial effect on fatigue and attention concentration. Less improvement was found by the combined treatment. Acetylcarnitine had main effect on mental fatigue and propionylcarnitine on general fatigue.
If I find the other examples I will come back here

tybolton

Awards
1g with 1.5-2g of Alcar and Potassium nitrate....pumps are incredible
^^this^^ been working out for 30 years and 2 weeks in my 2nd cycle of X-Gels, 1 gm of SNC Alcar 500, 500 mg vitamin c and 1.5 scoops of WFR. Did shoulders: military presses, military presses and more military presses with front raises and shoulder shrugs. Finished with preacher curls...Was pumped like crazy. Been lifting since Jim Botin nautilus days and totally believe in ArA...Uncle T

Last edited:

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I looked quick, this is one study showing negative interaction but I have seen threads going into more depth than this

If I find the other examples I will come back here
bugger, so I guess that means no ALCAR with your Compete?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Studied shown that effective dosage is 1.5 of ara for 50days workout. Or is it consecutive 50 days straight to take 1.5 of ara even on rest day they will take 1.5 of ara?
Yes sir, in our study they did 6 caps of X-Factor daily.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Wheres the statistics at

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Cooper has posted on it before. Taking multiple forms is not as effective as taking one at a higher dosage

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cooper has posted on it before. Taking multiple forms is not as effective as taking one at a higher dosage
I believe I saw an actual study on this at ergolog or somewhere a year or two back.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1g for 1-2 weeks than 1.5g-2g the rest of the way.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I have only seen studies showing PLCAR should not be mixed with other carnitine forms. Is there proof LCLT and ALCAR taken together are less effective than alone?

Less effective also does not mean ineffective.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
1.5g + Magnitropin + King.

^ Pumps like no other

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Akagami

Awards
It's been about a month since I started taking ArA.

I'm not big and I still find 1.5 to be the sweet spot. I still don't even feel sore at 1.5 and it has me kind of worried if I am maximizing the potential of this stuff. But looking better in the mirror, body weight is VERY slowly going down (a good thing for me), and strength is going up while I am improving form as well.

I just dose the ARA about 30 minutes before working out, no extras.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I have only seen studies showing PLCAR should not be mixed with other carnitine forms. Is there proof LCLT and ALCAR taken together are less effective than alone?

Less effective also does not mean ineffective.
That is the study I have seen. Not sure about ALCAR and LCLT. They may not have the same interaction. Of course, someone with a more intricate knowledge of exactly how they are processed when taken together might be able to extend the results to ALCAR/LCLT.

I have been taking ALCAR twice per day (morning and pre-workout), as well as LCLT once per day (Pre-workout). I'll see if I can dig up anything else.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
35 and Older 11
Supplements 5
jim2509 Anabolics 36
scoooter Forum Suggestions and News 3
General Chat 0