ARACHIDONIC ACID AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
Hello. I've read that ArA is actually associated with reduced inflammation markers while at rest. Is this correct? And if so, would this make it an appropriate bodybuilding supplement for someone who has high blood pressure?
Thank you.

wray98

wray98

Awards
You should be ok with taking ArA with High Blood pressure. However, just like any supplement or ingredient individuals vary on side effects. I've used it before and did not notice a elevation in BP and I take minimal medication for high BP.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hello. I've read that ArA is actually associated with reduced inflammation markers while at rest. Is this correct? And if so, would this make it an appropriate bodybuilding supplement for someone who has high blood pressure?
Thank you.
Are you using for the purpose of lowering blood pressure

Reactions: mw1

xhrr

Awards
Hello. I've read that ArA is actually associated with reduced inflammation markers while at rest. Is this correct? And if so, would this make it an appropriate bodybuilding supplement for someone who has high blood pressure? Thank you.
That's a poor reason to supplement with ara. If you have hbp and are wondering if you can take ara I would say you are probably good to go but if you want to lower your blood pressure search some OTC alternatives or go to your doctor.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are much better alternatives for lowering BP.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The best OTC for lowering bp are:

Standardized Hawthorne berry
Agmatine
Potassium nitrate
Celery seed

From a Nootropics standpoint, aniracetam also helps.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think he was asking if he could use it for high blood pressure. He was just asking if he could use it with high blood pressure.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure, you are probably right now that I reread the thread.

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
I apologize. I should have been more clear. I'd like to supplement ArA as a muscle building compound. I do, though, have high BP and have been under the impression that Omega -6 can exacerbate the issue. Recently I've read that in fact this is not the case and ArA can actually have beneficial cardiovascular properties. All in all, as long as it has at least a neutral affect, I'd like to supplement it.

xhrr

Awards
I apologize. I should have been more clear. I'd like to supplement ArA as a muscle building compound. I do, though, have high BP and have been under the impression that Omega -6 can exacerbate the issue. Recently I've read that in fact this is not the case and ArA can actually have beneficial cardiovascular properties. All in all, as long as it has at least a neutral affect, I'd like to supplement it.
You should be fine I would just monitor it

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ArA has had no effect on my high blood pressure.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While nobody can recommend a supplement to those with a pre existing medical condition, I can tell you that Ive never heard of it affecting BP personally, it didnt effect mine, and that ArA acts a vasodilator (and the opposite, vasoconstrictors, are what those with high bp typically want to avoid).

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
A separate question. Is there a supplement folks usually take in concert with ArA to enhance its effects?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
A separate question. Is there a supplement folks usually take in concert with ArA to enhance its effects?
GMS 4-6 g
Carnitine salt 2-3 g

I use 5g GMS, 2g ALCAR