CEE and Di-argnine Malate Dosing

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I am stacking these two together and have decided to take both at 6g ed. I am wondering....

1. should the doses be split or taken all at once

2. when should the doses be taken

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
I am stacking these two together and have decided to take both at 6g ed. I am wondering....

1. should the doses be split or taken all at once

2. when should the doses be taken
If you workout in the afternoon/night, I would split the doses as follows:

1. 3 g di-arginine on an empty stomach upon waking up (wait about 45 minutes to eat)
2. 3g CEE/3g DA 25 minutes pre-workout. Try and take this on an empty stomach as well (see if the CEE bothers you)
3. 3 g CEE post-workout

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I am bulking so it is gonna be hard to take it on an empty stomach!

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
I am bulking so it is gonna be hard to take it on an empty stomach!
Just take it as soon as you wake up, shower and get ready and then eat. That should be enough time.

Arginine is absorbed much better on an empty stomach.

Best of luck with the bulk.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Why do you think you need to use so much? The body can only absorb so much.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ivydude had good advice, but I would recommend taking the di arg more like 45 mins to an hour before WO. I used to take my AAKG right before WO and never felt it but then started taking it an hour prior on an empty stomach and felt a world of difference.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oh and make sure you take plenty of anti oxidants while on the diarg malate; boosts in NO2 cause a lot of oxidative stress on the body.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
K-R-ALA is what I'm using. I take the AAKG along with my CET an hour before my workouts. Great pumps, lots of energy.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
is it better to take CEE on an empty stomach as well?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
is it better to take CEE on an empty stomach as well?
I believe that's the reccomendation off the bottle. Probably gets absorbed faster. That's ten pills preworkout I'm taking. Once Custom's got the custom mixing feature up, I'm going for that. Would make things a bit easier and probably be cheaper.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
should I be taking less?
Well, IMO, I wouldn't go over 6grams total of CEE and Dicreatine Malate in one day. Anything over that I think would be wasting it. If I read your other post right you were proprosing taking 6grams of each per day, right? Unless your on cycle, I just don't see the need for 12 grams of creatine, unless maybe it's monohydrate and even then after about a week, you should be saturated at that level.

I will put the caveat in that everyone is different and I'm sure there are "freaks" out there who can take that much continously and actually use it, and you maybe one of them. Maybe try it both ways and see if you see any difference. It might save you some money.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Foxx,
He's asking about diarg malate. Bobo does recommend 6 g/d of CEE, but only 4 of Diarg, so I guess 6 is ok. I'd add some HMB in pre-WO w/ your CEE, but transfer some of the diarg before bed and 1st thing in the morning. Say, 2 g diarg for each time.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
HMB any good? I dont hear much about it

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
HMB any good? I dont hear much about it
My experience with HMB was that it noticeably enhanced the effects of creatine (I was on creatine monohydrate at the time). I was on a cutting stack (and I realize you're bulking) and my strength was actually going up.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Foxx,
He's asking about diarg malate. Bobo does recommend 6 g/d of CEE, but only 4 of Diarg, so I guess 6 is ok. I'd add some HMB in pre-WO w/ your CEE, but transfer some of the diarg before bed and 1st thing in the morning. Say, 2 g diarg for each time.
My bad.
:frustrate

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
bioman----can you chime in here? I know you know a lot about these compounds

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I believe that's the reccomendation off the bottle. Probably gets absorbed faster. That's ten pills preworkout I'm taking. Once Custom's got the custom mixing feature up, I'm going for that. Would make things a bit easier and probably be cheaper.
Yeah, but your stomach can get really upset. I cant take CEE at empty stomach.

BTW, on off days 2-3 grams a day is enough.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I think the CEE is giving me the runs about 20mins after taking it. Anyone else have this experience?

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
I also find it impossible to take anything on a truly "empty" stomach when bulking....

I always found this to be a big pain in the ass with certain supplements...

O14

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
USUAL's advice is good. 45 minutes pre WO is great timing..maybe 3-4grams of each then 3-4 grams post wo. I usually just sip the post wo portion during the last 20 minutes of the wo to save room for my PWO shake.

Do take some good antioxidants with this stuff..particularly those that ward off lipid peroxidation like grapeseed and rosemary extracts.

To avoid runs try smaller doses of CEE mixed with a non acidic sugar..apple juice or plain dextrose. Taking a big dose all at once has given me a little trouble but overall it's far less severe than creatine mono.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
So, like mono, apple juice works well with CEE? does it speed up delivery?

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
what about if I work out in the mornings? I usually work out in the mornings about 2 hours after waking. What should the dosages be like?