Best Joint/Cartilage Supps

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
I can't find anything on here that relates to my situation so here it is. Just got off of a halo cycle. Had success both on weight and physical appearance. The last couple of weeks I have been noticing sharp intense anterior shoulder pain. I think I have damaged my rotator cuff. I don't think it's torn because my dad tore his recently and says its excruciating pain. During normal life, it's not bad. However when I do chest/tri, it absolutely kills. It has been increasingly getting worse and worse. I have been off of the bench press for a week sticking to Dumbbell press. The weight is easy, but the pain is intense. I have not directly worked shoulders in a month due to the theory that I should rest it a little. I warm my shoulders up every day (lateral raises, front raises, stretches). Any other advice would be much appreciated. Thanks fellas.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
medical guidance for this issue is where it is at, don't self-diagnose

but in general context here for normal joint pain/wear & tear, Achilles - best stuff ever for me

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
medical guidance for this issue is where it is at, don't self-diagnose but in general context here for normal joint pain/wear & tear, Achilles - best stuff ever for me
Well said on both accounts.

OP- Id check into some Eric Cressey and Tony Gentilcore articles regarding shoulders. There's several "do's and dont's" articles and general information on shoulder stability, ect Doing lateral raises and improperly stretching could possibly be doing worse. But, you should see someone in the medical field like Snags said.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Well said on both accounts. OP- Id check into some Eric Cressey and Tony Gentilcore articles regarding shoulders. There's several "do's and dont's" articles and general information on shoulder stability, ect Doing lateral raises and improperly stretching could possibly be doing worse. But, you should see someone in the medical field like Snags said.
Gotcha. Thanks for pointing me in a direction. If it doesn't get any better in the next few weeks or so, I'm going to schedule an MRI. I will look into the Cissus.

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
Achillies
Cussus XT
Joint Force
These are all pretty good options, as is Joint Help from what I hear.

With that said, if it's pretty intense pain and not going away, you should really try to get to the Dr. and get an MRI done and see exactly what's up because shoulders can get out of hand real quick.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
These are all pretty good options, as is Joint Help from what I hear.

With that said, if it's pretty intense pain and not going away, you should really try to get to the Dr. and get an MRI done and see exactly what's up because shoulders can get out of hand real quick.
I completely agree. I have a friend who is studying to be a Sports PT and ran a few routine arm movement tests on me and thinks I have Shoulder Tendonitis. I am going to schedule an appointment with a chiropractor this Friday. It has really gotten out of hand pretty quickly.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Achillies
Cussus XT
Joint Force
This right here.

Also practice scapular retraction before pressing exercises to ensure the shoulder is back and the exercise is executed using the chest as the primary mover. Once the shoulder protracts tension ****s to the front delt.

Also stay clear of upright rows for a while as this puts lots of strain on rotator cuff.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
This right here. Also practice scapular retraction before pressing exercises to ensure the shoulder is back and the exercise is executed using the chest as the primary mover. Once the shoulder protracts tension ****s to the front delt. Also stay clear of upright rows for a while as this puts lots of strain on rotator cuff.
Yes sir. I haven't done shoulder press in a month for that reason. Thanks for the tips.