Ostarine Questions

papapudgy

papapudgy

Awards
Hey guys, i was getting ready to start a cycle of OL's Ostarine but I'm starting to see some very mixed reviews popping up as of recently and i just want to gauge what the general consensus is. I'm starting to think it might not even be worth running.

A month ago when i was reading a bunch of threads it seemed like ostarine was generally pretty safe. Most said no serm for pct and it was great for a recomp affect of losing some fat and gaining muscle. Lately it seems like most are recommending a Serm (which is fine) but also they're not seeing any results and it seems to be liver toxic and cause hair loss.

Any input would be great. Thanks

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
Im with you i bought a bottle of ostarine on sell, but the more i read about it, it seems like a toxic mess that affects people so differently in terms of sides and results. I want to try it but i haven't fully decided yet.

cjdesmit

Awards
I'm in the same boat. I have a bottle I was really looking forward to starting.. however now I am having second thoughts. If I do end up running it, I'll do a brief log/review.

Also, this thread probably belongs in the Anabolic forum..

funding31213

Awards
I've run it twice, on my second time now. It definitely works but it takes 4 weeks to start showing noticeable benefits

papapudgy

papapudgy

Awards
I've run it twice, on my second time now. It definitely works but it takes 4 weeks to start showing noticeable benefits
are you on a cut or bulk? what kind of results have you seen in the past?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
this is a pretty simple compound..
nothing crazy nor toxic, but all in how you use

best results are going to be while cutting imo, and not stacked with other anabolics..ie, use between cycles
generally safe when dosing 25mg or less; no real notable improvements dosing more, and if so then yes serm should be used
otherwise, no serm needed

have heard nothing of hair loss, do not see the issue in that aspect..

for general purposes, doses of 15-20mg should suffice fine - it is subtle help, not overwhelming "POW" results

funding31213

Awards
Bulk. Past results were good. Got lots of compliments. I gained a noticeable amount of size pretty quick.

funding31213

Awards
First run was 20mg ed for 5 weeks. This time doing thirty for 7 or 8 weeks

cjdesmit

Awards
First run was 20mg ed for 5 weeks. This time doing thirty for 7 or 8 weeks
What brand were you running? Compared to all the other Ostarine/MK-2866 products out there OL's is by far the cheapest. Makes me wonder a bit.. however I won't make any judgements until I try it for myself. I'll be starting a 8 week cycle @ 20mg in about 2 weeks.

funding31213

Awards
I'm running OL right now. It's definitely stronger than my last run with a different brand. Dosage is higher too since I'm doing thirty instead of twenty so that should be considered also.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Im with you i bought a bottle of ostarine on sell, but the more i read about it, it seems like a toxic mess that affects people so differently in terms of sides and results. I want to try it but i haven't fully decided yet.
Its not toxic, it has no sides. And little gains. Their ya go

Nyrin

Awards
I believe MK-2866 is now in Phase 3 clinical trials and has had a stellar safety reputation up through its Phase 2 results; this would imply that claims of toxicity are either related to impure or tainted product or an effect of a much larger-than-studied dose.

It's still a lot better-researched than most anabolic options out there.

papapudgy

papapudgy

Awards
This thread is starting to make me feel a lot better about my upcoming run.. Any products you guys recommend stacking like formeron?

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dermastrength, EP1C, ABE, basically any natural anabolic.

Kendal07

Awards
I used ostarine for 6 weeks, 15 mg ed. I used clomid for 4 weeks, my testosterone before ostarine was 16 normal range 7-29,
I had a blood test yesterday and testosterone is 18.5 , blood test was done 4 weeks after PCT.
My liver enzymes level within the normal range, ALT 45 (10-50).
It was an insane cycle I had never experienced such strength gains, my lifts has gone 50-70% . I have gain 6 pounds LBM. I am holding most of my gains ATM.

cjdesmit

Awards
I used ostarine for 6 weeks, 15 mg ed. I used clomid for 4 weeks, my testosterone before ostarine was 16 normal range 7-29,
I had a blood test yesterday and testosterone is 18.5 , blood test was done 4 weeks after PCT.
It was an insane cycle I had never experienced such strength gains, my lifts has gone 50-70% . I have gain 6 pounds LBM. I am holding most of my gains ATM.
Have you taken PH's before? Did you feel the 4wks of Clomid was needed?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I also like the lubricated joint feeling it provides which leads me to really push my lifts to the limit.

Kendal07

Awards
No I have not used PH or AAS . Maybe four weeks clomid overkill but I wanted to play safe than sorry. Also I had a wrist injury before the cycle, I had a plaster on my wrist, I could not lift for 3 months , I did this cycle right after this 3 months off the gym, and ostarine just healed my tendonitis on that wrist too.

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
I used four weeks on my pct and it started working great! So sad I have to stop now. Im also was on nolva. But everything i hear says if you do 20mg for six weeks you are good with otc pct.

Ep1c and dermastrength are good with it plus my other sig stuff like xfactor and pa

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used four weeks on my pct and it started working great! So sad I have to stop now. Im also was on nolva. But everything i hear says if you do 20mg for six weeks you are good with otc pct.

Ep1c and dermastrength are good with it plus my other sig stuff like xfactor and pa
Things like this makes absolutely no sense. You're on PCT yet you decide to essentially extend your on-cycle with 4 weeks of exogenous androgens use? You do realize that ostarine is basically treated and acts as an androgen right? If you are going to use it in PCT, should have tossed it in at the start of week 4 of PCT instead but even then, counterproductive to the purpose of PCT.

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
I only did 10mg. Ive read lots of people using 5-10 and i used nolva too. Plus some people run six weeks of nolva pcts

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I only did 10mg. Ive read lots of people using 5-10 and i used nolva too. Plus some people run six weeks of nolva pcts
Nolva isn't the questionable part, the questionable part is using androgens during PCT ;)

10 mg's is admittedly pretty darn low, but still, kind of counterproductive if you think about it (though I think at that dose of ostarine, it's not doing much and shouldn't be an issue... but I recall some with bloodwork running it at that dose showing some suppression).

Just something to think about in the future.

I understand that the popular thought in the past was that ostarine makes a great PCT component (Blackstone has a product out called PCT IV, obviously it's marketed and meant as a PCT product first and foremost) but after the stuff had been on the market for awhile, it became pretty clear that it shouldn't be used for PCT (on the Blackstone forum, Mike Arnold whom use to be their forum expert and had his own Q&A section on that board, have stated that it's not good to use in PCT due to it essentially being an androgen, so if you are going to use it for PCT, use it starting at week 4 of PCT at the earliest, but it's probably best used as something mild, in terms of side effects and toxicity, to extend a cycle or act as a sort of a bridge, you can use it as on cycle as well but that's the same as stacking different compounds which there's better choices to serve such a purpose that costs less).

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I used it after my last cycle at 10mg a day and this is why I will always use it in a PCT.

Did my strength go down? Yes, everyone's strength will because we don't have mega glycogen stores.

This is the weird thing that happend to me though, I kept all of my size gainz.

My PCT now is Nolva 20 20 10 10 and Osta 10mg ED for 6 weeks to solidify those gainz.

Just my two cents.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used it after my last cycle at 10mg a day and this is why I will always use it in a PCT.

Did my strength go down? Yes, everyone's strength will because we don't have mega glycogen stores.

This is the weird thing that happend to me though, I kept all of my size gainz.

My PCT now is Nolva 20 20 10 10 and Osta 10mg ED for 6 weeks to solidify those gainz.

Just my two cents.
Bloods to show that you recovered on PCT?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Bloods to show that you recovered on PCT?
Nope. Didn't have the funds to get them done on this cycle either.

Will get some done before, during, and after for my winter bulk.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in my 3rd week at 30mg/ed...
Strength is climbing up, joints feel great..
My body is responding well...
:)

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

cjdesmit

Awards
Good to see some positive things being said about Osta..

Love it....just bumped it up to 30mgs. Osta is the real deal.
What brand are you using? Are you bulking, cutting, recomp?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Good to see some positive things being said about Osta..

What brand are you using? Are you bulking, cutting, recomp?
Osta is great for bulks depending on the person.

One time (and I was supposed to be in maintenance) I went to Taco Bell during PCT with the girl and her fam and before I knew it I killed 12 tacos.

Serious ****ing carb cravings!

cjdesmit

Awards
One time (and I was supposed to be in maintenance) I went to Taco Bell during PCT with the girl and her fam and before I knew it I killed 12 tacos.
affd841b9332c5422bdda28eec37499e0bfa7e961d703442383dff8e5ad4562a.jpg

Sorry.. couldn't resist.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Osta is great for bulks depending on the person.

Serious ****ing carb cravings!
the bigger question would be:
why in the world were you running maintenance in PCT?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
the bigger question would be:
why in the world were you running maintenance in PCT?
Man my sentences are all ****ed up today..

It was week 7.

Week 4 ended the Nolva and I was just using Osta at the time.

I just call it PCT even though I was technically out of my 4 week PCT.

And I just came out of a cut. Wasn't looking to slab on loads of fat asap.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I was looking forward to some joint benefits, but mine are a little inflamed(?) during workouts. Guessing I'm into my 3rd week. :/. Its not bad, but its there. Not saying Ostarine is the cause. Ive made minor weight increases on lifts that are probably the cause.

akazo

Awards
I lasted about a week on it. The lethargy was unbelievable.

cjdesmit

Awards
I lasted about a week on it. The lethargy was unbelievable.
What brand and dose were you running? This is the first time I've heard someone say this I think, at least during the cycle.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What brand and dose were you running? This is the first time I've heard someone say this I think, at least during the cycle.
Agreed. Feel pretty status quo personally but lifts in gym increasing nicely

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Never had lethargy on Osta

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Contrary for me as well. Energy was through the roof.

Swolljaboi

Awards
I've also never experienced lethargy. Just set a new bench PR though.

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
No lethargy for me and i waited four weeks, but then whoa! Great strength and felt amazing!n Helped joints way earlier though and mood too

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Out of curiosity, those dosing higher than 20-25 and reaching 30-35, what was your cycle duration and pct?

At 4 weeks, I'm guessing that daa + forma would still be fine when running 30-35, but what about 6-8?

xhrr

Awards
Out of curiosity, those dosing higher than 20-25 and reaching 30-35, what was your cycle duration and pct? At 4 weeks, I'm guessing that daa + forma would still be fine when running 30-35, but what about 6-8?
8 weeks @35 with 2-4 pumps of formestane a day. Pct was nolvadex/Daa/anabeta