PCT question

abhishah1987

Awards
Hi

This one little thing has always bothered me, Everyone who runs a cycle for 4 weeks runs PCT for 4 weeks, the ones who run it for 6 weeks run a PCT for 6 weeks.

But doesn't it make sense to go get some blood work done at the end of the 4th week of the PCT to check where one is at, then make a call there after, whether PCT needs to be continued or discontinued.

Wouldn't running on a presumption that the body recovers in 4 weeks as norm have repercussions?

Doesn't it make practical sense to do blood work before the pro-hormone cycle, after the cycle and after the PCT?

Thanks

abhishah1987

Awards
Who runs pct like that?

I've never seen that..
Well that's what i meant, no one does it, everyone follows the same recipe and sometimes the backlash of not taking the precaution results in a disaster.

What i am suggesting is that as everyone reacts to PH's differently and everyone body is different doesn't it make sense of being cautious specially with the PCT and getting the blood work done before one stops with the PCT prematurely.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well that's what i meant, no one does it, everyone follows the same recipe and sometimes the backlash of not taking the precaution results in a disaster.

What i am suggesting is that as everyone reacts to PH's differently and everyone body is different doesn't it make sense of being cautious specially with the PCT and getting the blood work done before one stops with the PCT prematurely.
Yeah, it makes sense, however most dont have the luxury or willingness to go get blood work regularly. Most go by "feel", and thats a pretty good indicator that systems are returning back to normal. I mean, if you dont "feel" off or have any symptoms, I would refrain from getting bloods until later on simply to ensure health parameters have returned to normal.

The standard recipe may be arbitrary, however based on the enormous amount of anecdotal feedback (and small amounts of scientific data), we can postulate that under normal circumstances it is enough to provide a good recovery. Prior to this decade people did not even do a "pct", and anabolics have been in use since the late 60s.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Everyone who runs a cycle for 4 weeks runs PCT for 4 weeks, the ones who run it for 6 weeks run a PCT for 6 weeks.
never heard of this formula you mention above..

Yeah, it makes sense, however most dont have the luxury or willingness to go get blood work regularly. Most go by "feel", and thats a pretty good indicator that systems are returning back to normal. I mean, if you dont "feel" off or have any symptoms, I would refrain from getting bloods until later on simply to ensure health parameters have returned to normal.
this pretty much sums it up
sure - in a perfect world, you could monitor bloodwork and all levels systematically and regularly, and this would be the best of the best options..as kevin says however, it is impractical if not damn near impossible, for the majority (99%?) of ppl out there..

where I will disagree with kevin to an extent however, is the "feel" bit - yes most go by that (including myself previously tbh), but that is not a good guideline to go by either, actually is pretty arbitrary and worthless in and of itself

interesting thought OP - wrong section to discuss it tho!

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
First off OP, what you're proposing is useless IMO since blood work right at the end of PCT is useless (unless you find you levels are still at 0, then you've got bunk stuff or something) but as far as knowing if you need to extend it... No way of knowing.

Generally, I think for someone's first cycle it is essential to invest $150 in blood work and get it done 3 times. Pre (baseline), end of cycle (evaluate health markers to establish prone ness to sides) and 6-8 weeks after pct (to evaluate recovery). After that, maybe go by feel. And if running a cpound of particular interest (test, aromatization; eq, rbc; tren, prolactin & lipids; SD, liver; etc.) get blood work for that specific marker to know how your body reacts in the future.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Hi

This one little thing has always bothered me, Everyone who runs a cycle for 4 weeks runs PCT for 4 weeks, the ones who run it for 6 weeks run a PCT for 6 weeks.

But doesn't it make sense to go get some blood work done at the end of the 4th week of the PCT to check where one is at, then make a call there after, whether PCT needs to be continued or discontinued.

Wouldn't running on a presumption that the body recovers in 4 weeks as norm have repercussions?

Doesn't it make practical sense to do blood work before the pro-hormone cycle, after the cycle and after the PCT?

Thanks
yes.

but 6 wk cycle doesnt mean 6wk pct, just like 8 wk cycle doesnt mean 8 wk pct. 4 wk pct with clomid and tamox is good for longer cycles and short ones alike.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
never heard of this formula you mention above..

where I will disagree with kevin to an extent however, is the "feel" bit - yes most go by that (including myself previously tbh), but that is not a good guideline to go by either, actually is pretty arbitrary and worthless in and of itself
Yeah, I can understand that stance. I never said it wasnt arbitrary, I just have the mindset that if something is wrong, your body will show you. If you complete PCT and sex drive is good, sense of well being is good, gains arent falling off, etc. what else is there to really test aside from health parameters? Like you said though, this approach doesnt work for everyone.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Yeah, I can understand that stance. I never said it wasnt arbitrary, I just have the mindset that if something is wrong, your body will show you. If you complete PCT and sex drive is good, sense of well being is good, gains arent falling off, etc. what else is there to really test aside from health parameters? Like you said though, this approach doesnt work for everyone.
I understand

to be transparent here - I don't do PCTs anymore, so my input is purely from memory :D

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First off OP, what you're proposing is useless IMO since blood work right at the end of PCT is useless (unless you find you levels are still at 0, then you've got bunk stuff or something) but as far as knowing if you need to extend it... No way of knowing.

Generally, I think for someone's first cycle it is essential to invest $150 in blood work and get it done 3 times. Pre (baseline), end of cycle (evaluate health markers to establish prone ness to sides) and 6-8 weeks after pct (to evaluate recovery). After that, maybe go by feel. And if running a cpound of particular interest (test, aromatization; eq, rbc; tren, prolactin & lipids; SD, liver; etc.) get blood work for that specific marker to know how your body reacts in the future.
Perfect

abhishah1987

Awards
The reason why i asked the question in the first place is because i believe there are a lot of people out there who have the same question in their mind, but just dont get around to asking it as they want to believe everything will go back to normal as they hope it would.

Another reason why i asked the question was because there are so many threads around where people have done a cycle including a PCT but once they are off it they have had a catastrophic effects involving estrogen and libido.

No one has ever asked a question with regards to what happens after one gets off clomid or nolva either does the estrogen go back to normal, but how?

In my opinion a lot of those questions can be answered if the blood work is done at the start and at the end of every cycle, yes it sounds silly but considering the fact that we are digesting something synthetic and the results are stupendous, wouldn't doing blood work at regular intervals be the sensible thing to do, the one test that can set parameters and be used as a yardstick for any discrepancy.

In my opinion it should be a norm, well again i haven't done a cycle, but i am just saying, its ones health and libido on the line :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
^^ you make a lot of sense there, for someone who has never done a cycle..kudos for intelligent thinking

Hi snagency

So how does your body recover after a cycle?
hello :wave:
simple answer for you: I never go off cycle
blast & cruise bubba

;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Olympus Labs 19
Supplements 2
35 and Older 2
Anabolics 7
Post Cycle Therapy 6