Creatine: How Do I Best Absorb It?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

I want to use my creatine to absorb the most of it. I could use your opinions on:

1. Which forms you take and why?

Will Brink's "Creatine Graveyard" posits creatine monohydrate is the best.

Says creatine monohydrate is just as good as anything else out there.

2. How you take it?

a. Pre, Post workout, or both

b. With sugars, Hawaiian punch, dextrose, or anything else like warm water?

c. To load traditional way (5x/day), load slowly (2x)/day, or not at all

Thanks

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine monohydrate at 3-5 grams per day every day for roughly a month. After the month, only need to dose on workout days. Timing is irrelevant.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did like his vid about the difference in warm vs cold water....but I'm wondering if that is irrelevant considering the acidic environment of the stomach.. mr.cooper69

isurfnudebra

Awards
Hi Everyone,

I want to use my creatine to absorb the most of it. I could use your opinions on:

1. Which forms you take and why?

Will Brink's "Creatine Graveyard" posits creatine monohydrate is the best.

Says creatine monohydrate is just as good as anything else out there.

2. How you take it?

a. Pre, Post workout, or both

b. With sugars, Hawaiian punch, dextrose, or anything else like warm water?

c. To load traditional way (5x/day), load slowly (2x)/day, or not at all

Thanks

Creatine monohydrate has near 100% oral bioavailability, therefore it will be absorbed (regardless of taken with sugar, it doesn't matter and I wouldn't take with sugar personally, waste of CHO macros).

When I begin creatine myself, I normally take 5g creatine monohydrate preworkout and another 5g later (10g total daily), for about a couple weeks. After this period, I just aim for around 5g on lifting days or daily if I remember to.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Water, juice, protein, doesn't matter.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Maybe I'll switch to a lower-calorie alternative.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For uptake I've read, probably on ergo-log, that these may be of some benefit..

ALA
Fenugreek
CinnulinPF

I believe the whole juice sugar thing was to induce an insulin spike

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No need to complicate things. Take 3-5g daily, whenever and however you choose. Try to get into a routine of when you take it so you don't forget.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
I know I'm being overly finical. I just have wasted a lot of money on supplementation in the past; I wanted to nail things down exactly.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
I know I'm being overly finical. I just have wasted a lot of money on supplementation in the past; I wanted to nail things down exactly.
Then stay with the tried and true ..... Creatine Monohydrate. The most studied and proved supp on the market .... since 1950. Many companies try to improve upon this and there are some out there that are fairly good, but you can't go wrong with the original. And go with Creapure .... the Germans make the highest quality Creatine Mono out there. Best part of this supp category is the fact that the best Creatine is also the cheapest :)

Creatine Monohydrate - 5g ed

I put it in my post workout shake on workout days .... and on rest days I will put it in a shake if I have one or just toss 5g in a glass of warm water or whatever. Very easy as far as supps go ....

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Then stay with the tried and true ..... Creatine Monohydrate. The most studied and proved supp on the market .... since 1950. Many companies try to improve upon this and there are some out there that are fairly good, but you can't go wrong with the original. And go with Creapure .... the Germans make the highest quality Creatine Mono out there. Best part of this supp category is the fact that the best Creatine is also the cheapest :)

Creatine Monohydrate - 5g ed
you are supposed to be plugging our CreaTrona, dammit! :hitwithrock:

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
you are supposed to be plugging our CreaTrona, dammit! :hitwithrock:
The man is correct ..... For those with absorption issues that also want to stay with the tried and true Creatine Monohydrate rather than the lesser proven new concoctions out there like Creatine HCL or Creatine Malate, then CreaTrona by FINAFLEX is definitely the right choice.

Crea-Trona® delivers more Creatine to muscle cells by regulating pH levels in muscles resulting in greater Creatine absorption and delivering an increased training capacity. The innovative buffer system built around Crea-Trona® protects the creatine from converting into creatinine in the stomach keeping the pH level around 10 which makes for higher bioavailability and absorption into muscle cells. Built with Sodium Carbonates, Crea-Trona® maintains a higher pH level as it passes through the stomach and is absorbed into muscles.*

Well worth it ! More bang for your buck ;)

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Creatine monohydrate at 3-5 grams per day every day for roughly a month. After the month, only need to dose on workout days. Timing is irrelevant.
after the month of every day dosages, if u only work out 3 days a week should I add one or two extra days of 5g or is 3 days enough to keep it in ones system?

jerseyswol

Awards
You can choose to load if you really want to reach muscle saturation faster, but once saturation is reached 5g a day is a good guideline to keep saturation

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
after the month of every day dosages, if u only work out 3 days a week should I add one or two extra days of 5g or is 3 days enough to keep it in ones system?
Id pry dose at least 4x a week.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe its because of the heavy squat session I finished about an hour ago that has my mind too fried to figure this one out .... but 200grams at 5 grams a day (assuming that is what everyone else doses it at .... I know I do) only gets you 40 days ..... not 365 days (1 year) :tired:
It's 1200 grams. And most dose 3-5 grams and do not dose every single day.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Maybe its because of the heavy squat session I finished about an hour ago that has my mind too fried to figure this one out .... but 200grams at 5 grams a day (assuming that is what everyone else doses it at .... I know I do) only gets you 40 days ..... not 365 days (1 year) :tired:
1.2g ;)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Maybe its because of the heavy squat session I finished about an hour ago that has my mind too fried .... but 200grams at 5 grams a day only gets you 40 days ..... not 365 days (1 year) :tired:
you were tired all right - at least you had an excuse eh?

but you -- 1.2g?? well what was your excuse there, mister?

:p

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Haha, a true sign I needed sleep. 1.2KG lol.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established

:thinking:
Feeling much better now :veryhappy: Got plenty of sleep .... managed to come downstairs without having to clutch the railing for dear life .... legs are sore but still functional.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did like his vid about the difference in warm vs cold water....but I'm wondering if that is irrelevant considering the acidic environment of the stomach.. mr.cooper69
The stability factor of creatine in cold vs warm water wouldn't make a notable difference in absorption.

GD67

GD67

Awards
I recently bought 5 Kilos of Creatine at Hard Rhino for $11 a kilo. It's not Creapure but micro. I think it's good.