AllMax Digestive Enzyme vs. Gut health

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
So any opinions between the two. I use gut health and I really like it but I don't know if I should switch over or not.

So any opinions?

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
gut health to me is king

for the cost/benefit ratio (one bottle lasting months), the formula, and the actual effects it has on my body. i'll never let her go

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
2 different products.
That is what I was thinking but if there was only one to try then which one.

Seems like they both deliver and offer something different things and they are both cost efficient and deliver a lot of serving.

Edit: actually with allmax lasts only for 15 days for 1 cap per meal (6 meals/day).

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Completely different products

Gut Health is a prebiotic that should help intestinal flora with once a day dosing

Dig. Enzymes are taken with meals to supply extra enzymes to break down the food. It is arguable if many of these enzymes are effective taken like this.

Both should help with bloat

IMO Gut Health is the better buy

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
gut health to me is king

for the cost/benefit ratio (one bottle lasting months), the formula, and the actual effects it has on my body. i'll never let her go
Could not agree more....

jjobe6

jjobe6

Awards
  • Established
That is what I was thinking but if there was only one to try then which one.

Seems like they both deliver and offer something different things and they are both cost efficient and deliver a lot of serving.

Edit: actually with allmax lasts only for 15 days for 1 cap per meal (6 meals/day).
I would go with the gut health myself if you are only going with one. Gut Health
(probiotics) has more overall health benefits.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So any opinions between the two. I use gut health and I really like it but I don't know if I should switch over or not.

So any opinions?
As others have mentioned, these are two different products. But they are two different approaches - one being probiotics (Evomuse), and one being digestive enzymes (Allmax) - for essentially the same idea. So it depends on which approach you'd prefer, but both will help with absorption in a high protein diet. I will point out that our digestive enzymes also include enzymes to help with breakdown of milk products and plant-based foods, as well as your typical proteases.

That said, if you really like your current approach, maybe there's no need to switch. I liked Gut Health back when it was KE-99.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad to see that gut health is becoming more and more of a topic these days in the bodybuilding community. For a long while it has been an overlooked area of health when it should be considered one of the foundations of good health. The proper balance of gut bacteria is extremely important. Studies have shown that a vast majority of 'average America' is suffering from an imbalance of good to bad gut bacteria to one degree or another. Bad gut bacteria .... lets take candida for example .... Candida is a gut bacteria that is present in all of us .... issues arise when there is an overgrowth of this bacteria that is normally kept in check by proper diet that promotes a healthy balance of gut bacteria. if the candida bacteria is not in check and grows out of control in the gut it can cause a host of problems throughout the body ranging from skin rashes to mental issues. Unfortunately much of the average American diet contributes to this issue with regard to candida. Sugar in excess, fast food, Refined carbohydrates like processed food made with white flour, other refined grains and alcohol can all contribute to Candida growth. etc.... Now naturally we here on AM are not 'Average Americans' when it comes to our diet .... but that is not to say that gut health shouldn't be a concern. In response to the rise in attention to maintaining proper gut health several companies have begun to market products to aid in this endeavor. We all know that pro-biotics are very important .... but these can be easily come by through whole foods such as organic yogurt .... even sauerkraut and kimchee have active yeast cultures (pro-biotics). One area that has been overlooked until fairly recently is the PRE-biotic. One such pre-biotic ingredient now being marketed in products such as MUSCLE FIBER by FINAFLEX is Fructooligosaccharide (FOS) .... what does FOS do? FOS is indigestible by our bodies, it gets transported to the large intestine where it feeds microbes and promotes fermentation. FOS has been dubbed a "prebiotic", essentially serving as
fertilizer for the bacteria in your colon. Certain lactobacillus species of bacteria have been shown to preferentially ferment FOS. For this reason, it is being promoted as a supplement to feed the good bacteria in our guts. So in a nutshell .... by adding some low-fat, organic yogurt to your protein shake and some MUSCLE FIBER you get the proper bacteria as well as the nutrients needed to further the growth of this healthy gut bacteria.

Currently there are several logs in progress of MUSCLE FIBER that would be worth you checking into ....

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/255288-finaflex-muscle-fiber.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/255294-rockets-finaflex-muscle.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/255698-finaflexing-my-muscle.html#post4639447

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I noticed since starting up gut health again 3 weeks ago that I have been more constipated, less regular, and actually excreting less overall during bathroom trips....
Any ideas as to why this could be? It happens every time I use it. I've stopped and started three times bc of it.

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
I noticed since starting up gut health again 3 weeks ago that I have been more constipated, less regular, and actually excreting less overall during bathroom trips....
Any ideas as to why this could be? It happens every time I use it. I've stopped and started three times bc of it.
It could be due to certain bacteria strains specifically working to stop diarrhea so if you take too much of probiotic containing such strain it could work too well regarding this so you could get constipated.

This explains why they recommend taking probiotic products to prevent or cope with traveller's diarrhoea.

Try to reduce your dose or take every other day.

I have tried both Gut Health and Garden Of Life Primal Defense Ultra and later one overall my body like more at 1 cap a day (if I go to 2 or 3 cap a day I also start getting mild cases of constipation).

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I noticws the same in the beginning. I didn't feel constipated but I definitely was pooping less. Now I'm more regular again, less distention, less gas. After about 2/3 thru the first bottle I seemed to normalize. Now on my second. I also take Orange Triad + Greens in the AM which has some probiotics/enzyme blend and then Gut Health in the PM and its been great

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probiotics seem to be more beneficial for the general population than digestive enzymes. With that in mind, Gut Health gets my vote.

When bulking, I always hit a point where I just feel full and bloated in my stomach for days on end. It is at this point that I add in digestive enzyme products like those from MRM or Beverly to my probiotic (which is pretty much always Gut Health).