Should you take a test booster after working out

corylapp82

corylapp82

Awards
So my question is should you take a test booster after a workout, and if not what would be the best time.

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
What is it?
Why are you taking it?
Serious question, not being rude..

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
inb4 said "test booster" turns out to be epistane.... :p

srs tho, as goliath said, what kind of product are we speaking of here?
there is no generic generality that would presume such timing (postWO) to be best time to consume..
typically, these things are better taken woth food, and before training, but that in itself is a general statement

what is the product you speak of?

and welcome to the forum

corylapp82

corylapp82

Awards
I take daa in the morning right when I wake up. But I was wondering when to take Tribulus. I take it in the morning and at night and lately after a workout also.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
trib is not a test booster, despite marketing claims to the contrary..
is nice for a little libido boost tho
take it when you see fit, or as directed

corylapp82

corylapp82

Awards
Go figure lol well what would you recommend for a good test booster

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
What are your goals or reasoning for using a test booster?

turff49

turff49

Awards
I would recommend a stack that is going right now on a few sites like NutraPlanet, and I think Orbit and a few others have it too. That is FINAFLEX Mass 550(has DAA in it and FINAFLEX Pure Test. They are a few logs ongoing with these 2 items right now. I'm on mobile or I would link.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Go figure lol well what would you recommend for a good test booster
Go for Viron or Mass 550. I'm a huge fan of increasing free test over total test and Viron is legit in this regard.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Go for Viron or Mass 550. I'm a huge fan of increasing free test over total test and Viron is legit in this regard.
I agree with jiIgzz. I would add an AI while using viron though as estro can raise

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would recommend a stack that is going right now on a few sites like NutraPlanet, and I think Orbit and a few others have it too. That is FINAFLEX Mass 550(has DAA in it and FINAFLEX Pure Test. They are a few logs ongoing with these 2 items right now. I'm on mobile or I would link.

NutraPlanet has a great price on Pure Test, a DAA product:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/redefine-nutrition/finaflex-pure-test-120-caps.html

(Here are some local reviews on Pure Test:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/product-review/211519-finaflex-pure-test.html)

And as Turff said and Jiigzz recommended, I'd stack that with Mass 550:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/redefine-nutrition/mass-550-60-capsules.html

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Boosting Free Test and running an AI is a popular choice. I think most in this thread would agree that Alphamax is one of the most solid choices out right now. Full disclosed doses of Divanill, L-Dopa, Arimistane, Forskolin 95, ZMA, and Vit D make it a complete product great for bulking/cutting/or recomping. I have yet to try Viron, which I think would actually stack nicely with Alphamax hopefully down the road I will stack them.

corylapp82

corylapp82

Awards
Maintain muscle while trying to lose some body fat

corylapp82

corylapp82

Awards
Was cutting out 500 calories breakfast 10 egg whites 2 eggs 4 slices whole wheat bread . After workout protein shake and 2 bananas lunch and diner I'm guessing 20 oz of chicken with some whole wheat bread

IronForgedRep

IronForgedRep

Awards
Stick with taking your Test booster first thing in the morning and right before bed. I have tried other protocols but AM and PM dosing always brought results for me.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Was cutting out 500 calories breakfast 10 egg whites 2 eggs 4 slices whole wheat bread . After workout protein shake and 2 bananas lunch and diner I'm guessing 20 oz of chicken with some whole wheat bread
Is that it? Yikes, that's like my breakfast lol

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Is that it? Yikes, that's like my breakfast lol
indeed - I will eat ~6k cals today, and that dude just made me feel very hungry with that miniscule allotment (time to go eat again ....)

no wonder you feel you lose all your gains OP
quite honestly, test booster for you is needless and a waste - not only at your age (hormones are just fine), but because you do not know how to consume proper caloric amount to make those products work anyway

my advice, go learn how to eat, and learn how to train properly as well
get the basics down, then revisit this idea couple yrs down the road

corylapp82

corylapp82

Awards
indeed - I will eat ~6k cals today, and that dude just made me feel very hungry with that miniscule allotment (time to go eat again ....)

no wonder you feel you lose all your gains OP
quite honestly, test booster for you is needless and a waste - not only at your age (hormones are just fine), but because you do not know how to consume proper caloric amount to make those products work anyway

my advice, go learn how to eat, and learn how to train properly as well
get the basics down, then revisit this idea couple yrs down the road
I was eating around 2700 calories and training 6 times a week ? My base for calories is 3200

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Time of day wont be such a big deal when it comes to most test boosters.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I was eating around 2700 calories and training 6 times a week ? My base for calories is 3200
well that's better
I don't see 2700 cals in the 3-meal menu you posted up previously, but now you're talking better scope

now - we just have to add the (preferably green) veggies and some varying proteins in there! :)
oats and rice are always good too..

corylapp82

corylapp82

Awards
well that's better
I don't see 2700 cals in the 3-meal menu you posted up previously, but now you're talking better scope

now - we just have to add the (preferably green) veggies and some varying proteins in there! :)
oats and rice are always good too..
Sorry about that posting while working so I have to make it quick ha. Spread out to about 5 meals when I can. I know I have to eat more veggies just hard preparing everything while working 2 jobs and going to college

turff49

turff49

Awards
Sorry about that posting while working so I have to make it quick ha. Spread out to about 5 meals when I can. I know I have to eat more veggies just hard preparing everything while working 2 jobs and going to college
Cook a bag of broccoli on Sunday and it heats up very well in a microwave. Same with things like Normandy Blend, Itallian Blend, and vegetable Medley. And they are really cheap if you buy the big bag at like Costco or SAMs.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cook a bag of broccoli on Sunday and it heats up very well in a microwave. Same with things like Normandy Blend, Itallian Blend, and vegetable Medley. And they are really cheap if you buy the big bag at like Costco or SAMs.
That's what I do. Broccoli, brussel sprouts, egg whites, and chicken all cooked and portioned on Sunday for lunches. It takes a lot less overall time to knock that out in one go.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
That's what I do. Broccoli, brussel sprouts, egg whites, and chicken all cooked and portioned on Sunday for lunches. It takes a lot less overall time to knock that out in one go.
throw some damn rice in dat der mix!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
throw some damn rice in dat der mix!
I cook that throughout the week. Rice hardens after a couple days and is really easy to cook and clean up after.

Made some tonight actually.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Yep, we cook rice about every 3 days. Just add a teaspoon of water and when you heat it , it's fine.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am currently bulking and doing it quite lean at that.. but that doesn't mean im not about to smash 2 slices of zza and some garlic bread with about 50 grams of premium whey...

you know for my post work out meal... oh.. and some rice too bishes! maybe 40-50 oz of water to help refuel that der glycogen cause I left it all on the gym floor today...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maintain muscle while trying to lose some body fat
Alphamax would be a good option for those goals. The Forksolin will help you lean out and Alphamax will increase both total and free test. Not to mention, sleeping with it is amazing due the l-dopa and zma. Each ingredient is full dosed and there is no prop blend.

Nutriverse has Alphamax buy one get a free full size Cremax! One scoop provides 5g of micronized creatine monohydrate and Cremax also contains a recovery and hydration blend. The site also has a 10% discount for first time shoppers!

http://www.nutri-verse.com/alphamax-and-cremax-bogo-by-performax-labs/

turff49

turff49

Awards
Never mind.

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
I asked one question and his answer turned into a Rice cook off lol

I love rice, I'm always making it..

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I asked one question and his answer turned into a Rice cook off lol I love rice, I'm always making it..
Basmati rice = FTW!!

turff49

turff49

Awards
now I know how he does those one arm rows, heck look at those arms!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To comment on the original question, optimally you'd take any hormonal product pre workout. From a physiological standpoint a rush of hormones before a training bout has great benefit. Given my research in to the subject, and talking with others who know even more than i do, i feel confident in recommending pre workout at the most optimal time for a bolus dose of hormones.

Lets say you need to take 3 caps of a hormonal product per day. Optimally you'd do 1 cap when you wake up, then 2 caps pre workout. If you train in the morning you'd do 2 caps pre workout and 1 cap later in the day.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Perfectly said. I completely agree ^^

corylapp82

corylapp82

Awards
To comment on the original question, optimally you'd take any hormonal product pre workout. From a physiological standpoint a rush of hormones before a training bout has great benefit. Given my research in to the subject, and talking with others who know even more than i do, i feel confident in recommending pre workout at the most optimal time for a bolus dose of hormones.

Lets say you need to take 3 caps of a hormonal product per day. Optimally you'd do 1 cap when you wake up, then 2 caps pre workout. If you train in the morning you'd do 2 caps pre workout and 1 cap later in the day.
I know your body releases gh and test at higher levels while you're sleeping so wouldn't also be a good I idea to take it just before bed if it's a natural product to give you and extra boost also ?

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I would just try to space your dosing out throughout the day depending on the product. There has been a pretty solid chunk of research showing that ACUTE elevations in testosterone to not make a huge difference in gains (see Adel's work at suppversity.com). I would dose in a way that allows you to achieve optimal hormone levels throughout the day.

With that said, some test-boosters contain compounds/ingredients that have additional benefits pre-workout, in which case it might make sense to dose them beforehand.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know your body releases gh and test at higher levels while you're sleeping so wouldn't also be a good I idea to take it just before bed if it's a natural product to give you and extra boost also ?
GH release is insignificant. Your best benefit is pre workout, not pre bed. Things like 5-htp, melatonin, or other sleep aids will have better benefit than hormonal products pre bed.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People would be surprised to see how little I eat and still weigh 225 lbs

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
People would be surprised to see how little I eat and still weigh 225 lbs
conversely - ppl would be surprised to see how MUCH I eat, and don't even weigh 225 yet... :sad:
it's on the way tho, very shortly ;)

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
conversely - ppl would be surprised to see how MUCH I eat, and don't even weigh 225 yet... :sad: it's on the way tho, very shortly ;)
Yea but your built like a Brick, with shape and size.. Years of dedication & hard work right there..

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Yea but your built like a Brick, with shape and size.. Years of dedication & hard work right there..
ahaa well I wasn't fishing for any compliments, but I caught a whale right there!
thanks G-man, appreciated