Protein Blend

Jeff5886

Jeff5886

Awards
  • Established
Looking for a protein blend that has whey, casien and other types of protein but looking to also keep carbs low. Syntha-6 has 12+ grams of carbs per serving and that wont work for me as I am on keto. I used to take Pro Complex by ON but cant find it anywhere. Any input on what I can but that has a good protein blend and minimal carbs?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Looking for a protein blend that has whey, casien and other types of protein but looking to also keep carbs low. Syntha-6 has 12+ grams of protein per serving and that wont work for me as I am on keto. I used to take Pro Complex by ON but cant find it anywhere. Any input on what I can but that has a good protein blend and minimal carbs?
PES Select is what you're looking for. Great flavoring system as well.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
musclepharm combat is pretty good ok price and taste good. Has whey casein and egg white in it

paula

paula

Awards
My fav are pes select and truetein. Lookinh forward to try total protein by cutler nutrition and pro jym by jym. But pro jym are quite expensive though and only 44serving didnt like he put corn syrup solid for flavoring kthee than that the profile is solid.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Can't recommend this highly enough

http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/pes-select-protein-55-serving.html

Best blend around. Whey/casein for better overall nitrogen retention, sustained MPS. Still great for post workout with leucine peptides to drive the gains home.

Very low carbs/fat and taste os off the charts when you consider that fact.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
PES Select
XF 2.0 (half WPI/Casein)
Oxy Elite Protein

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Muscle Feast Premium Protein Blend. 1/3 WPI, 1/3 WPH, 1/3 Micellular Casein. No added fillers and other BS and it is naturally sweetened. The Chocolate taste pretty good. The vanilla is not too great IMO.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the PES Select love guys. :)

Select is a great option with its research based protein blend of MPI and WPC-80 and low carb/fat. It recently was released in the 55-serving jugs that can be found for some pretty solid prices at many of the retailers that carry us right now.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PES Select. Snickerdoodle is coming close to overtaking chocolate ATM for second place in the PES Select flavour trifecta rankings. CnC still holds strong at #1 :p

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Another vote for PES Select here. Can't possibly go wrong with it.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking for a protein blend that has whey, casien and other types of protein but looking to also keep carbs low. Syntha-6 has 12+ grams of carbs per serving and that wont work for me as I am on keto. I used to take Pro Complex by ON but cant find it anywhere. Any input on what I can but that has a good protein blend and minimal carbs?
Awesome that you're looking for a blended protein! I dont think enough people understand the superiority a blended protein has compared to a whey protein alone. There has been a fair amount of research on the matter of combining protein sources, particularly whey and casein, and it is always UNANIMOUSLY superior to a whey protein alone.

This is exactly why we formulated select as a blend, science doesnt lie! Select is arguably the best tasting product on the market, you're paying for PROTEIN and not FILLERS, and its arguably one of the leanest blends with less than 1g carb per serving.

Go ahead, Select the best!

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Did anyone mention PES Select?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did anyone mention PES Select?
Quite a few people. :)

PES Select is what you're looking for. Great flavoring system as well.
PES Select/OEProtein
My fav are pes select and truetein. Lookinh forward to try total protein by cutler nutrition and pro jym by jym. But pro jym are quite expensive though and only 44serving didnt like he put corn syrup solid for flavoring kthee than that the profile is solid.
Can't recommend this highly enough

http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/pes-select-protein-55-serving.html

Best blend around. Whey/casein for better overall nitrogen retention, sustained MPS. Still great for post workout with leucine peptides to drive the gains home.

Very low carbs/fat and taste os off the charts when you consider that fact.
PES Select
XF 2.0 (half WPI/Casein)
Oxy Elite Protein
PES Select. Snickerdoodle is coming close to overtaking chocolate ATM for second place in the PES Select flavour trifecta rankings. CnC still holds strong at #1 :p
Another vote for PES Select here. Can't possibly go wrong with it.
Pronom, Select, Big Blend UP 2.0
Thanks for the support!

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
I think we are all beginning to understand the importance of a blended protein vs. whey alone ..... For the past 3 years or so I have been keeping it simple and mixing my own. There are times when a higher percentage of whey isolate is favorable over casein and vice-versa. I prefer a higher percentage of WPI post workout and a more balanced blend for my morning shake ... and if I need extra protein in the evening before bed (depending on specific goals at the time) I opt for a higher percentage of casein vs WPI .... Now to be able to achieve this flexibility in protein blend I opt to have a tub of each (Whey and Casein) and mix the appropriate ratio myself depending on what I need at that time. There are many high quality whey protein and whey isolates out there just as there are many high quality casein proteins out there .... why limit yourself to one ratio in a pre blended product all in one tub? Just my 2 cents ;)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think we are all beginning to understand the importance of a blended protein vs. whey alone ..... For the past 3 years or so I have been keeping it simple and mixing my own. There are times when a higher percentage of whey isolate is favorable over casein and vice-versa. I prefer a higher percentage of WPI post workout and a more balanced blend for my morning shake ... and if I need extra protein in the evening before bed (depending on specific goals at the time) I opt for a higher percentage of casein vs WPI .... Now to be able to achieve this flexibility in protein blend I opt to have a tub of each (Whey and Casein) and mix the appropriate ratio myself depending on what I need at that time. There are many high quality whey protein and whey isolates out there just as there are many high quality casein proteins out there .... why limit yourself to one ratio in a pre blended product all in one tub? Just my 2 cents ;)
I also make my own, but combine a whey powder with greek yogurt

Jeff5886

Jeff5886

Awards
  • Established
I want as many different types in one as I can get.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pronom and select are the best out the IMO. I never without either.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
I also make my own, but combine a whey powder with greek yogurt
Oh I do this as well. My protein 'shake' is not a shaker cup kinda thing .... commercial grade blender baby ;)
For example .... this morning I opted for a shake rather than a crap-load of eggs ... I have to alternate to keep from losing my mind. This mornings shake consisted of 1 banana, cottage cheese, organic greek yogurt, 1 scoop of whey, 1 scoop of casein, cup of oatmeal, 2 tablespoons raw unsweetened cacao powder, cinnamon, tablespoon +/- of natty peanut butter, 5g creatine mono, and a small amount of local organic honey. add water for consistency and blend up the bliss ;) This is different of course from my typical post-workout shake .....

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh I do this as well. My protein 'shake' is not a shaker cup kinda thing .... commercial grade blender baby ;)
For example .... this morning I opted for a shake rather than a crap-load of eggs ... I have to alternate to keep from losing my mind. This mornings shake consisted of 1 banana, cottage cheese, organic greek yogurt, 1 scoop of whey, 1 scoop of casein, cup of oatmeal, 2 tablespoons raw unsweetened cacao powder, cinnamon, tablespoon +/- of natty peanut butter, 5g creatine mono, and a small amount of local organic honey. add water for consistency and blend up the bliss ;) This is different of course from my typical post-workout shake .....
I'm not a shake type of guy, but that sounds pretty good! I had a half scoop of Pronom with 145g Dannon Light and Fit Strawberry with bananas and apples jacks mixed together post workout lol

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ProNom is just gross. Plus it has creamer in it, which I wouldn't want in my protein. I'd get Usp Labs Oxy Elite over anything else right now. Much better price than Select.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ProNom is just gross. Plus it has creamer in it, which I wouldn't want in my protein. I'd get Usp Labs Oxy Elite over anything else right now. Much better price than Select.
i have the OG, no creamer in it and I think the newer version has MCT oil in it. I haven;t had the newer version, but all posts regarding it are similar to yours. Shame since I really enjoy Pronom

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm not a shake type of guy, but that sounds pretty good! I had a half scoop of Pronom with 145g Dannon Light and Fit Strawberry with bananas and apples jacks mixed together post workout lol
How about this?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Babysitting? Thats my Post-workout meal brah.
Gotta have my pops

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, is PES Select any good? haha.

I have used Trutein and liked it and recently just finished a custom blend from True Nutrition - but I have a 55 serving container of Select coming tomorrow I hope. Excited to try it after everything I've heard. And, as was said earlier, it has a great profile for a blend. Blends are often a little higher in fats and/or protein and often have creamers....Select has a profile more like a high quality whey isolate even though it has great taste (so I hear) and is a blend. Even OxyElite's profile isn't as clean...

jerseyswol

Awards
I've been using GAT supertein lately and it's been treating me pretty well. It's better if you're on a budget at around $45 for 5lbs

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GAT Supertein Peanut Butter is delicious and great to cook with.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Are you joking?. That's a bit much!.
no
I am going to mix 3 bowls of cereal, and 3 protein shakes
Pour them into my cereal, and then throw them out the window the birds.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, is PES Select any good? haha.

I have used Trutein and liked it and recently just finished a custom blend from True Nutrition - but I have a 55 serving container of Select coming tomorrow I hope. Excited to try it after everything I've heard. And, as was said earlier, it has a great profile for a blend. Blends are often a little higher in fats and/or protein and often have creamers....Select has a profile more like a high quality whey isolate even though it has great taste (so I hear) and is a blend. Even OxyElite's profile isn't as clean...
Thanks for the kind words. A lot of effort went into formulating the best protein based on the research currently available and also making it a viable option that tastes great without out adding in extra stuff. Which flavor did you grab?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the kind words. A lot of effort went into formulating the best protein based on the research currently available and also making it a viable option that tastes great without out adding in extra stuff. Which flavor did you grab?
I grabbed the cookies and cream, but it wasn't easy to decide between that and snickerdoodle....it is obvious I'm going to have to buy a second tub when cash allows. The only knock I have is it is so expensive....but $50 for 4 pounds was close enough .....I know you get what you pay for though. The price isn't unwarranted.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I grabbed the cookies and cream, but it wasn't easy to decide between that and snickerdoodle....it is obvious I'm going to have to buy a second tub when cash allows. The only knock I have is it is so expensive....but $50 for 4 pounds was close enough .....I know you get what you pay for though. The price isn't unwarranted.
Ya it is a toss up for me between those flavors. Throw up some feedback on it once you get a chance to try the flavor and in the future with other flavors. Thanks man! :thumbsup:

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On the first round with snickerdoodle from months back, it placed 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] for me out of the 3 available flavours. This time around, this chit has seriously grown on me so snickerdoodle and chocolate are duking it out for 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] place. 1[SUP]st[/SUP] place of course goes to CnC boieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Swolljaboi

Awards
I am almost out of Select CnC and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially when I mixed up a batch of Cookies n Cream pancakes. I've got a tub of snickerdoodle on the way can't wait to try it. I think it is funny though that whey and casein blend turns out to be superior and that is the way it is found naturally in milk. Makes you think maybe that's how it was intended.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see nobody has recommended Select so far.

... oh no, wait. ;)

nickdanger74

Awards
Muscle Pharm Combat is good. It's a blend. It tastes good. Almost no carbs. I buy 5lb tubs at Costco for, I think, $45 or something like that. At Costco they only have 1 flavor: Cookies and Cream. I like it.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Beverly International has Ultimate Muscle Protein (UMP)
great stuff, can't go wrong there

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For sure, but PES Select comes remarkably close to it in flavour plus a better formula when you consider the protein + extra leucine.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
For sure, but PES Select comes remarkably close to it in flavour plus a better formula when you consider the protein + extra leucine.
As much as I like Beverly I do not think the profile of their protein is all that great as it has a lot of extra fillers and a low amount of protein per serving (20g protein per 31.5g serving). Their C&C UMP does taste pretty good though :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
As much as I like Beverly I do not think the profile of their protein is all that great as it has a lot of extra fillers and a low amount of protein per serving (20g protein per 31.5g serving). Their C&C UMP does taste pretty good though :)
I hardly see much difference between bev profile protein %-per-scoop, and pes protein %-per-scoop (24g protein/33g scoop)..
but, if you don't like the UMP ratio, there's always Muscle Provider - just as fine a product, and the 21g protein in 29g scoop may be more palatable for you....

I think some of you guys look at the wrong things on labels, anyway
whatever floats your boat

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Best CNC on the market. i put select in at number 2 because it tastes more like milk and cookies. Beverly is more like a true OREO imo
heard the rocky road is killer.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Best CNC on the market. i put select in at number 2 because it tastes more like milk and cookies. Beverly is more like a true OREO imo
heard the rocky road is killer.
Best flavour of protein ever... UMP Rocky Road.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bolt10 - I will get a review up. PES makes great stuff, as everyone on this board can attest to. I almost dislike recommending your brand to be honest, because so many people on the board recommend it that doing so adds little value when I just repeat it. I guess you can't win :)

As an example, the people really adding to this thread are the ones that are talking about UMP and Musclepharm - two products I hadn't looked at and will now try at some point. Select is such an easy go-to it is almost not sexy anymore, even though it's only been out for less than a year. Even when you win, you lose I guess.

I've tried Alphamine, Norcodrene and now I'm trying Select. While my initial/first impressions with PES aren't always "Wow, this is awesome" - I have always been impressed/happy by the end of the tub/bottle. I think this speaks volumes as, I'm not exactly a fan boy who loves the stuff right from the beginning - but it grows on me and I see everything I've tried as something I will buy again.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I hardly see much difference between bev profile protein %-per-scoop, and pes protein %-per-scoop (24g protein/33g scoop)..
but, if you don't like the UMP ratio, there's always Muscle Provider - just as fine a product, and the 21g protein in 29g scoop may be more palatable for you....

I think some of you guys look at the wrong things on labels, anyway
whatever floats your boat
I am not a PES cheerleader but I think is is a decent product as I have purchased it. I don't think I will be a frequent repeat customer as prefer a different product.

Specifically what I don't like about Beverly label: I don't personally feel Calcium Caseniate is a quality protein source. Also in regards to the ingredient list I don't prefer to use products that have Sodium Caseinate and Mono- And Diglycerides.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vitruvian Man Supplements 3
Supplements 6
Supplements 32
Supplements 9
Supplements 16