Creatine & Pre-workout: Opinions greatly appreciated

ikeNball

ikeNball

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,
So as far as creatine goes, I've only used Green Mag before. I use it for 4-6 weeks at a time, then take 2 weeks off. I've done that seemingly for the past 4-5 years. Any others out there that y'all would recommend?
Also, in terms of pre-workout, I have tried:
Purus Labs Condense (currently)
Prodigy
Controlled Labs White Flood
(PES?)Craze
The list goes on...
What are some of your current favorites? Is MusclePharm Assault really that good?
(Please don't recommend C4 or NO Explode; I could go to Vitamin Shoppe for that advice). My only stipulation is that they are not as caffeine/stimulant heavy as Jym pre-workout, marketedby the Bodybuilding.com guy Jim Stopanni. He gives great advice on workout tips, but 300mg caffeine is just too much for me.
I also have been cycling between Alphamine (2 tubs then 2 weeks off) before starting Norcodrene just this past week. Digging the NorCo so far, although the energy level is not quite where I was with the Alpha.
Thanks if you read my rant.
PM me suggestions or kindly reply here.
Thanks,
Ike

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
I love SAN fierce domination- has creatine, great balance of energy/focus/pump

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Be careful combining pre workouts with Norcodrene. Norco has 100mg per cap, and if you follow the label directions you should be taking 2 in the AM and 1 capsule 5 to 6 hours later for a total of 300mg of caffeine.

So you say you can't handle 300 mg of caffeine?. If your taking the Norco like recommended your taking 200mg of caffeine plus other stimulants and then adding a scoop of condense which has 200 mg per scoop for a total of 400mg.

TGB1987

TGB1987

Awards
  • Established
Try out Iron Forged Nutrition Contraband. It is currently my personal favorite. It uses a very smooth stim conplex With a lower dose caffeine and a nice charge of amperall. It is very smooth and lifts your mood. I get great pumps from it but that seems to vary depending on how you respond. There are a good many of reviews on it here now. It sounds just right considering what you are looking for check it out. We have a sale going on right now with the whole Iron Forged Nutrition line with coupon code 'amifn'
https://www.tgbsupplements.com/m-862-iron-forged-nutrition.aspx

Contact IFNutrition here he may be able to hook you up with a sample.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would try white flood reborn or maybe even a single scoop of genomyx evol. Both available @ Islandsupplements. If you can handle alphamine and norco it appears you can handle decent stims. You're just concerned about caffeine alone?

Also. I enjoy greenmag and no need to really switch it up. Vpx Cremtor is supposed to be a nice formula but creatine is creatine once you reach saturation.

Btw Here is reborn link http://www.islandsupplements.com/controlled-labs-white-flood-reborn.html

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you want something strictly pre-workout that isn't just a stim bomb you could look into Komodo Katana. It has lots of effective ergogens and isn't super heavy on stims (230mg Caffeine is the only stimulant in the product, but it has some good focus enhancing ingredients as well).

Maybe after a bit of time you could try 1 cap Norcodrene + 1 cap Alphamine if you like both, but wish for a bit more energy than the Norcodrene is providing you. :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Ignite 2 + CreaTrona = BOOM!
perfect for your needs

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Finaflex Ignite 2 (30 servings): Discount Finaflex Ignite 2 Supplements

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Crea-Trona Powder (60 Servings): Discount Crea-Trona Powder Supplements

Ignite2 is our long-time popular preworkout matrix, not heavy on stims yet still functional and powerful enough to lift your energy levels and drive you..also contains efficacious amounts of everything you need for the training session

CreaTrona is our pH-buffered form of creatine

if you wanted to try something a bit harder-hitting on the stim side, our new preworkout is Stimul8 - while this does contain a fair amount of caffeine and other stimulants (nothing outrageous, but a fair amount), you could opt to take in only 1/2 scoop preworkout instead of full scoop, and turn a 40-serving tub into an 80-serving tub, making it an incredible value....add to that fact our limited time "bundle special" with CreaTrona + free FINAFLEX shaker at ludicrous cheap price (under $22), and it's like almost free!

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) The Supreme Stimul8 Stack (Stimul8 + FREEBIES): Discount The Supreme Stimul8 Stack Supplements

cheers, best to you

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If not stacking with another product, SAN Fierce Domination is a terrific choice for an all-in-one.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would suggest Performax Labs Hypermax for your pre workout. People report nice, clean energy without a crash. Also, increased focus is also an effect that is also noted. Since stims seem to hit you easily, i would do with one scoop which only gives you 1.5g of creatine. To get additional creatine, I would suggest CreMax. Not only do you get your creatine, but also a increased endurance and recovery from the COP.