Best value mass gainer

diggyroxx

diggyroxx

Awards
I am looking for the best value for a thirty day supply of a gainer to add 600-900 smart cals daily. So far I've found dymatize super gainer to be the best value at DPS 39-40$$ utilizing one scoop per day would give me the month. BUT IS IT ANY GOOD? Any other suggestions? Trying to do it on a dollar a day maybe 1.25-1.30. Any suggestions?

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Making it yourself would be the most cost efficient and you can make sure it tastes good.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Making it yourself would be so much cheaper and you can adjust how many cals, protein, carbs, and fat it has. Just take any liquid (milk, almond milk, water, etc) add a scoop or two or protein powder, a carb source (oatmeal, cooked sweet potato, pop tart, etc), nuts, or a nut butter. The possibilities are endless.

How come you want a weight gainer though?

diggyroxx

diggyroxx

Awards
Already eat 6 times a day, just want the extra cals without the measuring and such. The wife would appreciate it, and easier to plug in to my daily. Finished a cut and trying to put a little back on. Can't hang on to 3.8 % long, and shouldn't but I wanted to not leave it up to just chowing butter, oats, and chicken.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Already eat 6 times a day, just want the extra cals without the measuring and such. The wife would appreciate it, and easier to plug in to my daily. Finished a cut and trying to put a little back on. Can't hang on to 3.8 % long, and shouldn't but I wanted to not leave it up to just chowing butter, oats, and chicken.
Trail Mix, Granola, Bagels, Honey, Banana's, Oil's, Pasta, Rice, Cereal's, Nut Butters, Oil's.... Dont need to eat oats and chicken. Which i am sure you utilize some of those sources above

Pour a whey shake with milk and toss in some frozen berries or banana's on a few bowls of cereal, actually get more kcals, and more micronutrients, and wont take long... not to mention better source of carbs than what you may find in your mass gainer and far cheaper.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Already said make your own. Oatmeal ran through a coffee grinder, protein of choice, olive oil or coconut oil. Otherwise just mix your protein with chocolate milk.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also I used to use mass gainers all the time when I was in early 20s. Lots of malto and sugar and still didnt get fat cause I still ate pretty clean. Worked fine for me. I needed more calories and they did just that.

diggyroxx

diggyroxx

Awards
Trail Mix, Granola, Bagels, Honey, Banana's, Oil's, Pasta, Rice, Cereal's, Nut Butters, Oil's.... Dont need to eat oats and chicken. Which i am sure you utilize some of those sources above Pour a whey shake with milk and toss in some frozen berries or banana's on a few bowls of cereal, actually get more kcals, and more micronutrients, and wont take long... not to mention better source of carbs than what you may find in your mass gainer and far cheaper.
thanks, the wife is gonna have my head.

diggyroxx

diggyroxx

Awards
Thanks for the help guys. Took ur advice. Built my own including psyllium husk, oats (in coffee grinder), dymatize elite XT, coconut oil, pb2, Humapro, Glutamine, now foods carbo gain, and dextrose for short money 60/30/10 % c/p/f for 699 cals. All good. Had everything but the carbo gain and 8lbs for 26 bucks I'm cool with that. Thanks for the inspiration.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Men just drink protein shakes and as far as carb intake there is a lot of things that you can eat. Dense carb foods such as spaghetti are easy to cook, consume, and super cheap.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the help guys. Took ur advice. Built my own including psyllium husk, oats (in coffee grinder), dymatize elite XT, coconut oil, pb2, Humapro, Glutamine, now foods carbo gain, and dextrose for short money 60/30/10 % c/p/f for 699 cals. All good. Had everything but the carbo gain and 8lbs for 26 bucks I'm cool with that. Thanks for the inspiration.
I'd drop the humapro especially in the shakes. It's an overhyped, outrageously marketed, even more outrageously priced, glorified EAA that is supposed to be taken on an empty stomach anyways

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just eat more food. Congratulations though on the one millionth thread on this subject!. Try clicking on that little gear icon in the top right corner of your screen. It has amazing powers.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just eat more food. Congratulations though on the one millionth thread on this subject!. Try clicking on that little gear icon in the top right corner of your screen. It has amazing powers.
^^^why ya gotta be a d1ck?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^why ya gotta be a d1ck?
I wasn't. I just told him to eat more food which makes sense and would save him money. As for the other part it just gets sickening seeing the same threads posted over and over. No one seems to use the search function when its easily accessible and could eliminate the thousands of duplicate threads posted almost daily. Why not take advantage of the forum features instead of just letting them go to waste?.

diggyroxx

diggyroxx

Awards
Didn't know about the gear thing. And maybe it's my I phone but I don't have a little gear thing. Besides that, still trying to navigate AM, new to this type of stuff, meaning forums. I don't normally ask any body about anything, so I apologize. Knew I couldn't be the first.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't know about the gear thing. And maybe it's my I phone but I don't have a little gear thing. Besides that, still trying to navigate AM, new to this type of stuff, meaning forums. I don't normally ask any body about anything, so I apologize. Knew I couldn't be the first.
No need to apologize. It just gets frustrating seeing the same threads over and over when the same things have been asked millions of times. I'm not sure if the phone app looks the same or not. I've only used the app once or twice. Otherwise I just log on with a pc.

diggyroxx

diggyroxx

Awards
Got it. I didn't take it that way. We are here for the same reason.

Carafa

Carafa

Awards
For a good old school gainer just do 2 scoops of whatever protein you have available or whatever is cheapest. add two cups of whole grain oatmeal in a blender. add a bit of peanutbutter and even tuna if you don't mind the taste of it and you have yourself a good mass gainer.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For a good old school gainer just do 2 scoops of whatever protein you have available or whatever is cheapest. add two cups of whole grain oatmeal in a blender. add a bit of peanutbutter and even tuna if you don't mind the taste of it and you have yourself a good mass gainer.
LOL at adding tuna into a protein shake.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a buddy that mixes tuna and cottage cheese...disgusting!
I've actually heard this is really good. Kinda adds 'similar' consistency as mayo.

I'm too scared to try it though...