Best creatine pills?

clayboy_123

Awards
Beast creature or optimum nutrtion 2500 or something else?

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, pills are too expensive for me. Good ol Creatine Mono powder is super cheap. You can get a years worth for under $20

turff49

turff49

Awards
Beast creature or optimum nutrtion 2500 or something else?
Crea-trona by FINAFLEX. Pills for when you can't mix the powder and they carry the powder too. Same product 2 forms of delivery.

turff49

turff49

Awards
I know a lot of people don't like the powder because of the mixing issue, you should actually use warm water to mix it. 2nd, the powder can cause discomfort and cramps for some people and I do know the pills have helped people on some of these issues. Me, I take both. If I'm traveling through by plane then I don't like carrying the powder with me, the capsules are more convenient.

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
I lot of people don't like the powder because of the mixing issue, you should actually use warm water to mix it. 2nd, the powder can cause discomfort and cramps for some people and I do know the ills have helped people on some of these issues. Me, I take both. If I'm traveling through by plane then I don't like carrying the powder with me, the capsules are more convenient.
If you're not traveling and don't get GI issues with powder just throw a scoop of Mono in with your post WO shake. No mixing issues will be noticed. Also, I've used the SNS mono mentioned above and have never had a problem mixing or otherwise.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I know a lot of people don't like the powder because of the mixing issue, you should actually use warm water to mix it. 2nd, the powder can cause discomfort and cramps for some people and I do know the pills have helped people on some of these issues. Me, I take both. If I'm traveling through by plane then I don't like carrying the powder with me, the capsules are more convenient.
I have never had a problem mixing creatine mono in cold water
I mix it with my pre or intra-workout drink in a blender bottle, leave it in my fridge overnight
Wake up and take it with 0 problems.

turff49

turff49

Awards
If you're not traveling and don't get GI issues with powder just throw a scoop of Mono in with your post WO shake. No mixing issues will be noticed. Also, I've used the SNS mono mentioned above and have never had a problem mixing or otherwise.
Yeah, when I'm not traveling I use the powder. I personally don't have gi issues with it but know several that have and or that do.

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
OP why are you so set on pills, and only these companies? A little more insight might be helpful.

turff49

turff49

Awards
I have never had a problem mixing creatine mono in cold water I mix it with my pre or intra-workout drink in a blender bottle, leave it in my fridge overnight Wake up and take it with 0 problems.
It mixes in cold water. Mixes better in warm water. Can't remember who did the study but there was a study done on it a few years back. Stays in suspension longer in warm, falls out faster in cold.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mono. The pills are the same thing as the powder they are just powder inside capsules. Just go to your local vitamin shoppe and get a tub of mono for 18 bucks and it will last 6-months.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It mixes in cold water. Mixes better in warm water. Can't remember who did the study but there was a study done on it a few years back. Stays in suspension longer in warm, falls out faster in cold.
The temperature of the water it's mixed in isn't going to make any difference.

I agree with T Bone grab the mono from SNS it's cheap and lasts forever.

turff49

turff49

Awards
The temperature of the water it's mixed in isn't going to make any difference. I agree with T Bone grab the mono from SNS it's cheap and lasts forever.
Wrong.

It improves it's solubility.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wrong.

It improves it's solubility.
Well, people can take your word for it, or not. I hope they don't but that's up to them. Whether it mixes in warm water better or not isn't going to influence it's bioavailability but if you enjoy drinking warm creatine by all means, cheers.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Well, people can take your word for it, or not. I hope they don't but that's up to them. Whether it mixes in warm water better or not isn't going to influence it's bioavailability but if you enjoy drinking warm creatine by all means, cheers.
Solubility actually is improved by temperature, though this is in the solution itself, once it enters the body the difference is negligible

Technically speaking there is also a need for a lot more fluid than people mix it in for it to properly enter solution.

Again all negligible really I am just stating the technicalities (by current JISSN studies and recommendations)

Really just get your 3-5g daily and you are good

turff49

turff49

Awards
It's not my word. Just stating what the studies say. You can look them up. Makes no difference to me. Personally I mix mine with my PWO.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
yeah i am going to stick to cold water
Supps in hot water = No thanks.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah i am going to stick to cold water
Supps in hot water = No thanks.
That's probably a good call ;)

Increased solubility has no effect on bioavailability but why am I telling you this? You're the solution you know this hahaha

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The only thing i would use in warmed up water/milk would be a cinnamon flavored protein powder.

turff49

turff49

Awards
The only thing i would use in warmed up water/milk would be a cinnamon flavored protein powder.
Is that to dunk the protein donuts in? lol

turff49

turff49

Awards
That's probably a good call ;) Increased solubility has no effect on bioavailability but why am I telling you this? You're the solution you know this hahaha
Studies would seem to suggest otherwise. It's interesting reading. Of course I've done enough studies to know data is so manipulative that I can get whatever results I want. But it is interesting...

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spaniard

Spaniard