How much is too much "pump"

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm currently taking some supplements that are really giving me that pumped feeling in the gym. My muscles look full and vascular when I work out but after some exercises it gets to the point where I am doing less reps and cutting my workouts short because the pump is just too debilitating. If I weren't taking these supplements, I'd probably be able to workout longer. So I guess my question would be, how much is too much pump where it's actually limiting you make gains? Are "pump" products really worth it?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We will be dropping one of the sickest pump products seen in this industry soon. It hits the manufacturing line next week, and is expected by end of September, early October.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best pump I have had was yesterday, day 14 on epistane. Literally couldn't finish my curls because it hurt mid rep motion.

For natty supps, anabeta, ArA are my fav. Nothing as bad as epistane, but enough to make you feel huge lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We will be dropping one of the sickest pump products seen in this industry soon. It hits the manufacturing line next week, and is expected by end of September, early October.
Don't tease us. PES has the best lineup of natty products as it is!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
PES.. Sickest Pump Product....

Looks like another insider on our hands.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like to train through the pumps myself.. I like to think that its stretching the fascia around the muscle making more room for new growth. anything with l-norvaline in it does cause very painful pumps for me I will admit.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm currently taking some supplements that are really giving me that pumped feeling in the gym. My muscles look full and vascular when I work out but after some exercises it gets to the point where I am doing less reps and cutting my workouts short because the pump is just too debilitating. If I weren't taking these supplements, I'd probably be able to workout longer. So I guess my question would be, how much is too much pump where it's actually limiting you make gains? Are "pump" products really worth it?
Pump products are increasing hyperaemia which has been shown to be one of the mechanisms responsible for hypertrophy, however if its limiting the work you're able to do I would say its too much. I typically take High Volume, and I find its just the right amount to get me massive pumps without hindering my work sets.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Btw, it's Trest that is most likely the cause for the pumps.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Btw, it's Trest that is most likely the cause for the pumps.
Lol, so lower your dose man. I dont care how much gear someone takes, if they cant eat & train properly theyre wasting their time.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah i hate when products give pumps that are not only painful but cut the workout short however i never paid attention to what ingredients do this to me besides superdrol...i remember not being able to do another curl during some workouts on that stuff

with that said i love pump products, potassium nitrate is my favorite to date and i feel like it gives me the best pumps all while allowing me continue my workout and sometimes push further than usual

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
I guess you have to fight through the gains or take breaks a bit. Var has the most painful pumps ever.
You can't even walk the dog around the block without feeling every step.

I wouldn't take something just for pump. Ep1c has a pump/fullness, but thats not all.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a pump product whore.

Our pump product will be the best on the market which I am aware of.

Be excited. :D

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I am a pump product whore. Our pump product will be the best on the market which I am aware of. Be excited. :D
Tried it Ben?

Or just know the secret details

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried it Ben?

I can answer yes to both, and while I wont be giving you any hints, I can tell you its the most ridiculous pump product to date.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I can answer yes to both, and while I wont be giving you any hints, I can tell you its the most ridiculous pump product to date.
:) can't wait

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A PES Pump Product, must have now!

Sickest pump I ever got, I had to stop working out. I thought I was having heart attack my arm was so dead. Pump was insane tho!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
hopefully no citrulline

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Worst pump I've had was when I was running my ArA and Alphamax stack. I used 4g of GMS and one scoop Hemavol, was doing hamstring curls, then few drop sets. As soon as I stood up, I thought I was going down lol

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tried it Ben?

I have tried the formula with a few difference combinations of the main ingredients. It has been tweaked once since I last used it.

The formula is legit. Absolutely no question.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I have tried the formula with a few difference combinations of the main ingredients. It has been tweaked once since I last used it. The formula is legit. Absolutely no question.
Well I'm sold then.

Were I to guess, I would say it includes ARA and Amento.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have never had too much of a pump, I want something that will do that !!!

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Never experienced 'too much pump' either. We all know what Arnold had to say about the pump ;)
There are many different products out there that claim to be the best for the pump .... but we all respond differently to different pump inducing compounds. Some people respond great to Agmatine while others get nothing from it. I am one of the ones that gets nothing from Agmatine so I look for products with other compounds that I do respond well to. One compound that seems to work for me is Betaine Nitrate .... I get the best pumps from a product that has this compound in the mix (dosed properly) ... That being said I am sure there are plenty of people out there who don't get much from Betaine .... again, we all respond differently.

However ... if you are like me and Betaine works for you then you should check out Max Pump by Finaflex. It is powered by Betaine Nitrate, a unique ingredient that combines Betaine with Nitrate (NO3), creating a novel sports supplement that reduces muscle fatigue while improving blood flow to muscles.*

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
High volume? Could it be?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With some of the best supplementation on the planet for bulking wink wink, you may actually find yourself getting less reps due to the massive pump. This I do not see as a negative AT ALL. We arent (most of us arent anyway) going to the gym to perform at a high level as much as we are to do whatever techniques neccessary to build muscle/make our physiques more aesthetic in our own eyes.

To me, when it becomes too much is when stacking multiple vasodilators, or when taking doses high enough that you get side effects such as headaches. I view pump products similar to stims preWO, dont overdo it, sometimes a little goes a long way. No need to stack 5 products like some guys seem to do.

turff49

turff49

Awards
For me the perfect pump is tadalafil and Max Pump uncapped. I use the sublingual tada and then uncap 4 Max Pumps into my PWO. And it's great for the bp while on cycle.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like to train through the pumps myself.. I like to think that its stretching the fascia around the muscle making more room for new growth. anything with l-norvaline in it does cause very painful pumps for me I will admit.
Second that. Also kno3, max pump, agmatine, CM, glycerol.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never really got much of a pump from anything. Maybe for a little while in the gym but the pumped feeling goes away within a few minutes or so.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
I wish I would get super painful pumps all the time. You know what am talking about. The ones in which you can't even hold the dumbbells anymore because the pump is hurting too much.

Let's see what you guys got Natty. I'm ready to try out something new ;)

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
What?. PES bought out Athletix?. That's news to me.
No! The formual i believe! Check my last made thread! Judojosh explains it! Im on mobile and cant provide a link!

Edit: nevermind! Its not showing up yet! Just go to PES part of the supp forum and you can see the thread i made

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

max d

Awards
  • Established
Minus pumps making you look swoll, pumps don't do anything and there is no proof that the pump builds muscle. I just don't get why people put so much emphasis on it? Progressive overload for the win!

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Minus pumps making you look swoll, pumps don't do anything and there is no proof that the pump builds muscle. I just don't get why people put so much emphasis on it? Progressive overload for the win!
Well..... the argument could be made that the pump means more blood flow to the target muscle and therefore more nutrient flow to the muscle, thus having a positive effect on muscle growth from that perspective.

max d

Awards
  • Established
Well..... the argument could be made that the pump means more blood flow to the target muscle and therefore more nutrient flow to the muscle, thus having a positive effect on muscle growth from that perspective.
That argument could be made but would have no proof to support that theory that its key to building muscle.

From an interview of Dr. Layne Norton:
MP: Do you believe that the muscle pump is the single best indication of a good workout or is actual fatigue the trigger to muscle growth?
LN:* There are many many MANY different factors that influence muscle growth and we still do not understand the process of the actual growth of muscle very well.* People who try to point to one thing like ‘the pump’ and say that it is the single most important thing for muscle growth… quite frankly they are idiots.* It is an integration of a multitude of different signals and inputs that causes muscle growth.* It’s a very complex process.*

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
That argument could be made but would have no proof to support that theory.
Agreed .... the debate has been going on since Arnold's day and will likely continue for years to come, in the absence of real scientific proof one way or another. I suppose the proponents of "the pump" are as individual as the misc compounds out there that claim to increase the pump .... for some it works for others it doesn't .... for some the pump is everything and for some its not all that important. IMO everything counts in the gym .... if you focus 100% on only one aspect of bodybuilding then you will fall short every time .... so with that being said, if the pump works for you and keeps you motivated to keep increasing volume and intensity and fills you with positive vibs then in that aspect its a good thing ..... whatever keeps you coming back and giving it your all in the gym.

As far as the pump having an anabolic effect, this is still open to much debate and probably will be forever, however many bodybuilders will claim with complete faith that there is something to it. When you get a good pump, you are delivering tons of nutrient-rich blood to the muscles that will greatly increase amino-acid uptake......Theoretically, this should result in a greater anabolic effect. Again this is not hard science but if it works for you then so be it. There is also the belief that a good pump can have a fascial stretching effect which will lead to more size gains.....again the scientific proof in this area is lacking but if it works for you then its all good.
So while the debate rages on regarding the importance of 'the pump' and the scientific data is not there to support it one way or another, there is probably something to gain from it regardless. All that being said, and as I already mentioned above ..... I would not make 'the pump' the sole focus of your workout.

As for me .... I get a positive feeling from the pump and that positive feedback goes a long way toward my determination and dedication to my goals in the gym. And we all know the power of positive energy

aendi

aendi

Awards
Aside from arguments about whether the pump is important or not, I'm a fan of Permaswole. Good taste. Decent pumps.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Aside from arguments about whether the pump is important or not, I'm a fan of Permaswole. Good taste. Decent pumps.
Permaswole is great. But it makes my geneitals disappear, its like the blood is in all the other areas of my body.

aendi

aendi

Awards
Permaswole is great. But it makes my geneitals disappear, its like the blood is in all the other areas of my body.
LOL! Have not noticed that but I will be looking out for some shrinkage tonight!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That argument could be made but would have no proof to support that theory that its key to building muscle.

From an interview of Dr. Layne Norton:
MP: Do you believe that the muscle pump is the single best indication of a good workout or is actual fatigue the trigger to muscle growth?
LN:* There are many many MANY different factors that influence muscle growth and we still do not understand the process of the actual growth of muscle very well.* People who try to point to one thing like ‘the pump’ and say that it is the single most important thing for muscle growth… quite frankly they are idiots.* It is an integration of a multitude of different signals and inputs that causes muscle growth.* It’s a very complex process.*
What Layne has suggested here is that people who believe that cellular swelling (pump) is the most important factor for muscle building are misguided. I also agree with him. This is not the only way to induce hypertrophy.

He does not suggest that cellular swelling is not important for muscular hypertrophy.

I would highly recommend you read the following text to gain a deeper understanding of the role of cellular swelling in regards to skeletal muscle hypertrophy;

'The Muscle Pump: Potential Mechanisms and Applications for Enhancing Hypertrophic Adaptations' by Brad Schoenfeld and Bret Contreras.

It is a very detailed paper and anyone who wants to understand the deeper science behind the physiology of muscle building should find it interesting. :)