Coop's Corner #6: Novel Stimulant/Fat Loss Agent Uncovered

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Boldine

Since it's been a while since the last Coop's Corner, I figured we'd do something special here. Rather than going over the ins and outs of why old ingredients are great and how they should be dosed, I thought I'd introduce a new ingredient altogether.

Boldine is a novel alpha-2 adrenergic receptor antagonist that, unlike its widely marketed counterparts (e.g. Yohimbine), does not possess attributes that predispose users to anxiety or cardiovascular side effects[SUP]1,2,3[/SUP].

The alpha-2-adrenergic receptor is found throughout the body and functions chiefly to limit the amount of norepinephrine that is released at the site of the receptor. In fat cells, norepinephrine is a powerful signaling molecule that, along with epinephrine, initiates a cascade of reactions that result in fat loss. Therefore, when the alpha-2 receptor is functional, norepinephrine release is reduced and fat loss gets halted. This has been shown in receptor studies, wherein it was found that there is an excess of over 50% of alpha-2 adrenergic receptors in fat cells[SUP]4[/SUP], meaning that the human body was genetically designed to preserve energy, and thus, it refuses to let go of this “stubborn fat” by creating more alpha 2 receptor than are necessary for normal function. Indeed, regional obesity, otherwise known as the “stubborn fat” that just doesn’t go despite how hard you try, may be due to local variations in alpha-2 receptor density[SUP]4[/SUP].

The authors of the study offered a solution: a prolonged fasting period decreased the number of alpha-2 adrenergic receptors on the fat cells[SUP]4[/SUP]. But for most of us, prolonged fasts are neither plausible nor optimal for our goals. The solution is boldine, a natural alkaloid which deactivates/antagonizes the alpha-2 receptor, allowing fat loss to proceed undisturbed. This may again be of particular importance when attempting to lose fat in stubborn areas like the midsection, love handles, and thighs.

Unlike the well-known alpha-2 antagonist Yohimbine, Boldine does not possess the profound anti-serotonergic activity that gives yohimbine users anxiety[SUP]1,2,3[/SUP], and furthermore, rather than vasoconstricting and increasing blood pressure, Boldine actually vasodilates and reduces blood pressure[SUP]5[/SUP]. In fact, boldine has been shown to possess an array of health benefits in the murine model, including protection against hypertension[SUP]6[/SUP], reduced LDL oxidation[SUP]7[/SUP], and other antioxidant/general health properties[SUP]7,8[/SUP]. This makes boldine the ideal candidate for both safe and effective fat loss.

Also unlike yohimbine, boldine possesses fat loss benefits that are independent of its alpha-2 antagonistic effects. Boldine has the unique ability to induce adiponectin release from fat cells[SUP]9[/SUP]. As a brief background, adiponectin is released from fat cells that are “empty” due to lipolysis of their stored triglycerides. In very lean people, adiponectin levels are high due to the empty fat cells, while in obese people, adiponectin levels are low. This presents a problem to people with high bodyfat levels, because adiponectin is a hormone that burns fat and prevents the proliferation of fat cells, and since they have low levels already, they’re at an extremely large disadvantage for weight loss. Interestingly, boldine manages to “trick” fat cells into thinking they are empty, resulting in far increased adiponectin release[SUP]9[/SUP]. This will be beneficial for anyone, because everyone possesses some degree of bodyfat (and hence, adiponectin suppression), and boldine may help optimize adiponectin levels to keep fat loss moving forward.

Finally, boldine is a potent inducer of calcium release from the sarcoplasmic reticulum of skeletal muscle[SUP]10[/SUP]. You don’t have to know what this means, but you should be aware that calcium release is the key dictator of muscular strength output. By increasing calcium release in a manner very similar to another compound named Amentoflavone (see Analyzed Supplements AmentoMax), Boldine possesses the ability to enhance strength output, making it of further benefit to your fitness junkie.

With combined alpha-2 antagonism (“stubborn fat” loss), adiponectin release enhancement (enhanced fat burning and suppression of fat gain), and increased calcium release from the SR (improved strength output), Boldine is the ultimate cutting agent for anyone, be it the lean individual looking to lose those last few stubborn pounds, the overweight individual looking to overcome the disadvantage that fat gain has put them at, or your average fitness junkie/gym rat who wants to lose fat while gaining strength and muscle.

Without the side effects that held its predecessors back, Boldine will finally you to enjoy round-the-clock fat loss, worry-free.

References

1. De Las Heras, B., et al. "A Study of the Adrenergic Activity of the Alkaloids Boldine and Glaucine." Pharmazie 45.6 (1990): 443-44. Web.
2. Eltze, M., et al. "Affinity Profile at Alpha(1)- and Alpha(2)-adrenoceptor Subtypes and in Vitro Cardiovascular Actions of (+)-boldine." Eur J Pharmacol 443.1-3 (2002): 151-68. Web.
3. Chulia, S., et al. "The Effect of S-(+)-boldine on the Alpha 1-adrenoceptor of the Guinea-pig Aorta." Br J Pharmacol 119.7 (1996): 1305-312. Web.
4. Arner, P. "Adrenergic Receptor Function in Fat Cells." Am J Clin Nutr. 55.1 (1992): 228S-36S. Web.
5. Chen, Keh-Shaw, Feng-Nien Ko, Che-Ming Teng, and Yang-Chang Wu. "Antiplatelet and Vasorelaxing Actions of Some Aporphinoids." Planta Medica 62.02 (1996): 133-36. Web.
6. Lau, Y.-S., A. Machha, F. I. Achike, D. Murugan, and M. R. Mustafa. "The Aporphine Alkaloid Boldine Improves Endothelial Function in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats." Experimental Biology and Medicine237.1 (2012): 93-98. Print.
7. Santanam, N., M. Penumetcha, H. Speisky, and S. Parthasarathy. "A Novel Alkaloid Antioxidant, Boldine and Synthetic Antioxidant, Reduced Form of RU486, Inhibit the Oxidation of LDL In-vitro and Atherosclerosis in Vivo in LDLR−/− Mice." Atherosclerosis 173.2 (2004): 203-10. Web.
8. O’Brien, Peter, Catalina Carrasco-Pozo, and Hernán Speisky. "Boldine and Its Antioxidant or Health-promoting Properties." Chemico-Biological Interactions 159.1 (2006): 1-17. Print.
9. Yu, Bangning, Carla Cook, and Nalini Santanam. "The Aporphine Alkaloid Boldine Induces Adiponectin Expression and Regulation in 3T3-L1 Cells."Journal of Medicinal Food 12.5 (2009): 1074-083. Web.
10. Kang, Jaw-Jou, and Yu-Wen Cheng. "Effects of Boldine on Mouse Diaphragm and Sarcoplasmic Reticulum Vesicles Isolated from Skeletal Muscle."Planta Medica 64.01 (1998): 18-21. Web.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Nice. My body is ready.

Myke17

Myke17

Awards
So when can we expect a PES/AS product? In for that!

N

Nyrin

Awards
This sounds really promising. Yohimbine is great, but a lot of people tolerate it so badly that it's not very feasible--plus, most supplement companies under-dose it to a ridiculous extreme compared to the studied, beneficial levels. If we had an effective alternative with positive side effects, we could probably have even better results.

Myke17

Myke17

Awards
This sounds really promising. Yohimbine is great, but a lot of people tolerate it so badly that it's not very feasible--plus, most supplement companies under-dose it to a ridiculous extreme compared to the studied, beneficial levels. If we had an effective alternative with positive side effects, we could probably have even better results.
Not to mention Yohimbine is illegal in some countries, like Australia.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
sounds good to me
now aim it for my mouth
(no homo)

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the very informative thread coop, so im guessing the new AS product will be a boldine as opposed to yohimbe extract?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to mention Yohimbine is illegal in some countries, like Australia.
This is currently in Norcodrene INTL, which recently landed in Europe. It will be making its way into Australia as well in the near future.

Finally, an answer for INTL folks looking for an a2-antagonist

TheNietzsche

TheNietzsche

Awards
I'm extremely sensitive to Yohimbe so I'm very interested in this.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ballpark dosing? This can be found for about $17 a gram which could be doable if dosing is 50 mg or less, if its 200mg then it's not really affordable to obtain from this source.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
in like flin. send me some samples and il log it :p

B

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Coop's, you are a well of science ;)

oops, I hope I have correctly translated :D

J

jaakonpallo

Awards
This is currently in Norcodrene INTL, which recently landed in Europe. It will be making its way into Australia as well in the near future.

is it?i'm looking at PES's UK retailers page and i don't see it listed on ingredient panel, why is that?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is it?i'm looking at PES's UK retailers page and i don't see it listed on ingredient panel, why is that?
We are getting this cleared up as we speak. Keep an eye out and it should be rectified shortly. :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Love yohimbe

But this looks like a solid replacement

Any comments on comparison from a rep who may have used both?

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm extremely sensitive to Yohimbe so I'm very interested in this.
same with me. Certain products make me feel absolutely ill as a result, so this could be a great help to me.

C

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Okay, now we wait for the flood of supplements containing boldine...in 5,4,3,2.........

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sell it as a single ingredient AS product... take my money. :p

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We have some cool things scheduled for release under AS that is currently in the works now, including the SA2 one. If there is enough demand for this, maybe we can do a limited run

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The more I think about this, the more excited I get. Yohimbine is a proven fat burner that I've always limited my intake of. As others have said, it can just make me feel ill. My first experience with yohimbine left me wide awake for almost 2 days, literally. I couldn't sleep. It has the ability to give me the shakes, make me cold, ill feeling, you name it. It can be harsh and I try to keep my intake below 3 mg/dose as that is about as much as I can handle.

If this avoids the negatives, I would love to try it.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ballpark dosing? This can be found for about $17 a gram which could be doable if dosing is 50 mg or less, if its 200mg then it's not really affordable to obtain from this source.
We spent months researching and testing with boldine...so that is not something we can just announce. Protect the innovators

Love yohimbe

But this looks like a solid replacement

Any comments on comparison from a rep who may have used both?
Well as the writeup states, Boldine is not anxiolytic and heart-racing like Yohimbine. I would compare it more to a low dose of Rauwolscine. It's purpose is fat loss and thermogensis, and its the first non-yohimbine compound to have good potency (although the structure is somewhat similar to Yohimbine)

Okay, now we wait for the flood of supplements containing boldine...in 5,4,3,2.........
This would not surprise me. It does not every anger me though...it is just a constant reminder of how we can continue to shape this industry for the consumers. And that is our goal

C

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
We spent months researching and testing with boldine...so that is not something we can just announce. Protect the innovators

Well as the writeup states, Boldine is not anxiolytic and heart-racing like Yohimbine. I would compare it more to a low dose of Rauwolscine. It's purpose is fat loss and thermogensis, and its the first non-yohimbine compound to have good potency (although the structure is somewhat similar to Yohimbine)

This would not surprise me. It does not every anger me though...it is just a constant reminder of how we can continue to shape this industry for the consumers. And that is our goal
Yep, I hear ya my friend. I'm sure other companies are closely watching what you guys put out. And rightfully so since you introduce top quality supplements that can't be matched.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We brought higenamine to the market and it is now one of the most widely used stimulants in pre workout and thermogenic products.

Perhaps that is why we have a cult following. Protect the innovators. :)

C

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
We brought higenamine to the market and it is now one of the most widely used stimulants in pre workout and thermogenic products.

Perhaps that is why we have a cult following. Protect the innovators. :)
Exactly my point. Often imitated but never duplicated. LOL!

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or you guys have us controlled like on Divergent...

Either way take my $$$$
Christ, you actually know what Divergent is about (I'm assuming you do since I don't, so for all I know, you could have just made that up :p ).

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Christ, you actually know what Divergent is about (I'm assuming you do since I don't, so for all I know, you could have just made that up :p ).
Yup. I have 2 daughters, 9 and 11 years old. Divergent, Hunger Games, etc they love that stuff. To be honest Divergent was a really good movie, I recommend it.

Not that my recommendation of a movie means jack lol

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup. I have 2 daughters, 9 and 11 years old. Divergent, Hunger Games, etc they love that stuff. To be honest Divergent was a really good movie, I recommend it.

Not that my recommendation of a movie means jack lol
For the record, I like Hunger Games... the movies. Did not enjoy the actual books.

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The books didn't have much depth, I read through em all in one weekend
I gave up after the first book :p I was like nah nah nah, no she didn't. She did not just rip off Battle Royal with an inferior product :p

I did read through the entire first book though, I had to draw the line though at bio-engineered werewolves.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oooh nice, sounds just what my alpha2 receptors need...since my cardiac muscles tend to FaReak out on me when using yohimbe...

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I understand protecting your work but at the same time it would be nice if companies would let us know how many mg's of stimulants we are ingesting. I think it would be the responsible thing to do. By all means I would rather try this product from you guys vs obtaining the raws myself and playing around with it but from what I can tell there is no USA based product using it yet. Protecting formulas is one thing, not telling customers how many stimulants they are ingesting is not IMO the best of practices. I like PES and have used many of your products and will continue to, it would just be nice if we could know how much of things we are ingesting.

Bryancap77

Bryancap77

Awards
  • Established
I understand protecting your work but at the same time it would be nice if companies would let us know how many mg's of stimulants we are ingesting. I think it would be the responsible thing to do. By all means I would rather try this product from you guys vs obtaining the raws myself and playing around with it but from what I can tell there is no USA based product using it yet. Protecting formulas is one thing, not telling customers how many stimulants they are ingesting is not IMO the best of practices. I like PES and have used many of your products and will continue to, it would just be nice if we could know how much of things we are ingesting.
As it's not in any formulas as of yet, your concern is purely hypothetical. What a ridiculous post. Your surprised a company that may potentially produce a novel ingredient won't disclose the details of how to obtain it/dosing before released...? I don't understand your logic.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

So what are you trying to say?. Are you just letting everyone know what you think is "the responsible thing to do"?. You post makes no sense in relation to the thread topic. This thread is about a new ingredient. Are you actually asking the owner of PES to reveal to you his source of this new ingredient?. And getting upset because he won't reveal it to you?. Or are you saying you don't like proprietary blends. Proprietary blends have been used for years in MILLIONS of supplements. Why pick on just one company?. Why don't you start your own thread on how you dislike prop blends?. It's still confusing, the point of your post seems to be either misdirected, or you were confused about what you were upset about and if you were upset at all.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As it's not in any formulas as of yet, your concern is purely hypothetical. What a ridiculous post. Your surprised a company that may potentially produce a novel ingredient won't disclose the details of how to obtain it/dosing before released...? I don't understand your logic.
Exactly my thoughts...

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Originally everything we did was open label. Alpha-T2, AnaBeta, Erase, Shift.

Then our ingredients were becoming more and more copied and even the doses being replicated i.e. anacyclus dosing which we determined through an extensive beta trial.

Personally, in an ideal world I wish everything was open label but I know how many issues we have with companies copying us. If I owned PES I would continue to use proprietary blends. It is a necessary evil.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Oh sweet! Coooool

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
Originally everything we did was open label. Alpha-T2, AnaBeta, Erase, Shift.

Then our ingredients were becoming more and more copied and even the doses being replicated i.e. anacyclus dosing which we determined through an extensive beta trial.

Personally, in an ideal world I wish everything was open label but I know how many issues we have with companies copying us. If I owned PES I would continue to use proprietary blends. It is a necessary evil.
you should make exclusive products, that are secret and can only be bought through the insider or something more in depth were ex customer can register into like a memeber's zone on the PES Site, with personal details to know there not affiliated with supplement company's and make limited batches of X product to be sold to the member's in like a special members only store, maybe even have PES reward points. this would allow you to get feedback and still make profit, having it as a "fun" thing to give PES fans and option to run and test out anything innovative but expensive to make or get feedback on stuff that you want to put into future products or sell to the mainstream.

it would cater for the hardcore audience. (I.e, everyone on here lol)

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So what are you trying to say?. Are you just letting everyone know what you think is "the responsible thing to do"?. You post makes no sense in relation to the thread topic. This thread is about a new ingredient. Are you actually asking the owner of PES to reveal to you his source of this new ingredient?. And getting upset because he won't reveal it to you?. Or are you saying you don't like proprietary blends. Proprietary blends have been used for years in MILLIONS of supplements. Why pick on just one company?. Why don't you start your own thread on how you dislike prop blends?. It's still confusing, the point of your post seems to be either misdirected, or you were confused about what you were upset about and if you were upset at all.

I never asked for a source, I have one. I clearly stated this. I am not trying to attack PES in any way shape or form. I have never done so in the past and have no plans to in the future. I merely asked for ballpark ideas on dosing. This could be as simply as, we are narrowing it down, we are being conservative and still trying to figure that out ourselves or a simply we would prefer to keep that to ourselves till we release a product. Any of those answers would have been more than sufficient for me. Once again I NEVER asked for a source, just a ballpark on what dose people might see using it at as I would play around with it myself until a commercial product became available.

I have no issue with prop blends for the most part with the exception of stimulants. I believe stimulants should be disclosed as it is a health issues with these ingredients. For example ABE or EP I have no issues whatsoever with those being prop blends as there are no stims in them. Some of us like to know what levels of stims we are taking that is all.

TO RECAP:
Never asked for his source
Not upset simply explained my reason for asking
Not attacking PES

Thank you.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I never asked for a source, I have one. I clearly stated this. I am not trying to attack PES in any way shape or form. I have never done so in the past and have no plans to in the future. I merely asked for ballpark ideas on dosing. This could be as simply as, we are narrowing it down, we are being conservative and still trying to figure that out ourselves or a simply we would prefer to keep that to ourselves till we release a product. Any of those answers would have been more than sufficient for me. Once again I NEVER asked for a source, just a ballpark on what dose people might see using it at as I would play around with it myself until a commercial product became available. I have no issue with prop blends for the most part with the exception of stimulants. I believe stimulants should be disclosed as it is a health issues with these ingredients. For example ABE or EP I have no issues whatsoever with those being prop blends as there are no stims in them. Some of us like to know what levels of stims we are taking that is all. TO RECAP: Never asked for his source Not upset simply explained my reason for asking Not attacking PES Thank you.
Why don't you do a bit of research, you know read a few of the studies which were cited in the OP and work get a good idea of dosages by yourself. Instead of writing sh*t like you just have considering two days ago you had no idea what this compound was. Ffs

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So now im writing ****? I outright stated I would prefer to buy a finished PES product but as there is not one available at the moment I was simply looking for a ballpark idea on dosing. Next time I will simply stay out of discussion such as this because people seem to think I am up to no good here. I am finished here Coop thanks for writing up some cool info to look into.