AlphaMax capsules: hardend powder & different colour?!?!

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
Well I don't know if this bottle is from a bad batch or just defective, but when I opened it today I immediately noticed the powder inside the caps is hard and greenish, whereas the ones from the first bottle which I've just finished were browner and the powder was normal inside the caps (not dry and hardened). The powder in these caps is a whole hard chunk that slides out whole once the caps are opened...

I bought 4 bottles of Alphamax and have been impressed with the results and general quality of this brand until I started this second bottle today. The bottle came double sealed but has no humidity & odor sorb-it pack inside. Also, I found one capsule that was completely empty (but closed, no spillage). I just hope the other two bottles I have aren't like this...

I just wanted to hear from a Performax rep as to whether I should take this bottle with these hardened caps and whether they will be any effective. Like I said I really like the results I got from bottle one and want to continue with the progress.

For what it's worth, the batch/LOT numbers are:
-the good bottle (bottle 1): 130821A EXP: 09/2015
-the 'bad' (bottle 2): 1004178 EXP: 10/2016

Thanks

whyteboi

Awards
My first bottle was sand colored, bottles two and three are salt/pepper colored. Sold from same retailer both times. Confused as well, although mine don't seem hard

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The change in color and consistency is simply due to using less filler. During the first run we used a larger amount of filler to ensure it ran through the machines properly. We realized it ran through just fine and used less filler this round, resulting in a darker color powder.

Everything is 3rd party tested upon a***** to ensure all materials are what they should be as well as post production testing to ensure exactly what's on the label is in the bottle. Exact same formula, just less filler!

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply Adizzle.

It's a good thing to do without fillers and solvents, or use less of them (magnesium sterearte, etc). But the important thing is that the efficacy of the product isn't negatively effected then, right?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nope not affected at all! All active ingredients are just as they have always been, simply less filler. Results will be exactly the same as they have always been, amazing!

hpnawtik

hpnawtik

Awards
Did you buy your Alphamax during the Nutraplanet sale? I have a similar issue- the contents of the capsules are dark brown and almost clumped up as if they weren't stored in proper conditions (moisture buildup). I just talked to Nutraplanet today and will be getting a refund on the two bottles. I had assumed that the efficacy would be the same but the same but I am responding to this batch much differently than the first time i had tried it (bought from Orbit nutrition about 2 months ago).

Initial bottle gave me excellent sleep from day one (anything with L-dopa tends to do that for me). However, I had bad insomnia from taking the new batch for about 4 days and stopped using it. I highly doubt that this is normal.

Let me know if you decide to continue using it and how the supplement works out. If you have used it in the past you should be able to make a comparison.

Adizzle- I would like to see some efficacy data for each of these ingredients in the clumped form vs powder- If the new batches are all the same, then i won't be buying this supplement anymore

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
All the same raw materials have been used from one batch to the next, again the only difference is less filler which resulted in a darker brown type color instead of a lighter brown.

We have received plenty of reviews from the most recent batch of Alphamax with everyone noticing exact same results including improved sleep quality. Nothing is different with the active ingredients exact same product.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Did you buy your Alphamax during the Nutraplanet sale? I have a similar issue- the contents of the capsules are dark brown and almost clumped up as if they weren't stored in proper conditions (moisture buildup). I just talked to Nutraplanet today and will be getting a refund on the two bottles. I had assumed that the efficacy would be the same but the same but I am responding to this batch much differently than the first time i had tried it (bought from Orbit nutrition about 2 months ago).

Initial bottle gave me excellent sleep from day one (anything with L-dopa tends to do that for me). However, I had bad insomnia from taking the new batch for about 4 days and stopped using it. I highly doubt that this is normal.

Let me know if you decide to continue using it and how the supplement works out. If you have used it in the past you should be able to make a comparison.

Adizzle- I would like to see some efficacy data for each of these ingredients in the clumped form vs powder- If the new batches are all the same, then i won't be buying this supplement anymore
Efficacy data comparing hard vs soft powder? You realise that this demand could never happen right?

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The change in color and consistency is simply due to using less filler. During the first run we used a larger amount of filler to ensure it ran through the machines properly. We realized it ran through just fine and used less filler this round, resulting in a darker color powder.

Everything is 3rd party tested upon a***** to ensure all materials are what they should be as well as post production testing to ensure exactly what's on the label is in the bottle. Exact same formula, just less filler!
Which filler caused it to clump? I don't see one on the label that would. More likely it was improper storage...its been quite hot in GA this summer

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
Which filler caused it to clump? I don't see one on the label that would. More likely it was improper storage...its been quite hot in GA this summer
No, the point is this batch had LESS filler.

Ideally, I'd rather injest as few fillers and solvents as possible from supplements, but I realise these are sometimes necessary for the product to keep its consistency in time.

The purest products (like pure powders or capped powders with no fillers and solvents) sometimes tend to clump and don't hold as much as 'treated' ones.

But I have been assured by both Performax reps as well as NutraPlanet customer service that the clumping does not in any way effect the product's efficacy. So thanks for all the replies from those concerned.

We shall see how it goes with this second bottle I'm taking, although I must say I have not noticed anything different so far. It seems to continue working just like the first (unclumped) bottle did. I got 4 bottles of this stuff so I know why I like it....

PS: It's hot for both the 'good' (more filler) and the 'bad' (less filler) bottles :p

hpnawtik

hpnawtik

Awards
Efficacy data comparing hard vs soft powder? You realise that this demand could never happen right?
I know this demand could never happen but there's got to be a reason that most supplements are kept in a "cool/ Dry" to prevent clumping. If any moisture related data is not available then the manufacturer can't just assume that using a new filler (which might cause clumping) is ok to use.

BTW, since the cap size is essentially the same and there are still 120 caps/ bottle, then how is the filler amount reduced?

Also, here is what the pills look like- sendspace.com/file/z2c9nm