Insomnia Help

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
This is like the fifth week where it 1am or later and I do not feel tired at all. I have reduced my stimulant intake to zero, exercise in the morning, and take sleeping supps. I have tried g8, sleephoria, and abyss unparalleled. They have all stopped working for me. Any suggestions on herbal remedies before I have to go get prescription meds?

Akagami

Awards
Ashwagandha (1-3g) + cheap magnesium 15 minutes before trying to sleep.

And go to bed the same time every night if you can.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is like the fifth week where it 1am or later and I do not feel tired at all. I have reduced my stimulant intake to zero, exercise in the morning, and take sleeping supps. I have tried g8, sleephoria, and abyss unparalleled. They have all stopped working for me. Any suggestions on herbal remedies before I have to go get prescription meds?
Damn....if sleephoria and abyss unparalleled didnt work for you, I am not sure what will.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Ashwagandha (1-3g) + cheap magnesium 15 minutes before trying to sleep. And go to bed the same time every night if you can.
I have tried that at 2 grams

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
g8 is super powerfull for sleep, knocks you right out

personally i like a cup of chamomile tea at night, just to uwind and relax...then i take out cold and i'm good, but it's more of a relaxing ease into sleep then a straight knock out punch

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1.5 g agmatine and 400 mg of magnesium citrate works really well for me.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would recommend seeking a doctors advice. I have terrible insomnia too, and it can very easily spiral out of control by jumping from one drug to the next when tolerance builds. I was given off label gabapentin to use as needed, and it really helps me sleep with literally no sides. I take it about 3 days a week and I have zero withdrawal symptoms on my off days.

The only other supplement that has ever really helped me is somatomax ultra concentrate (make sure its the concentrate version).

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure if this is in the supps you already tried using, but have you tried straight melatonin?

I'd give that a whirl along with possibly some 5-HTP. 5-HTP is a serotonin precursor which is then a precursor for melatonin production.

I'd try and figure out what's causing the insomnia in the first place too. Are you really stressed, anxious, depressed, or anything that is messing with you psychologically? (rhetorical question, not asking you to answer it here)

I went through a patch last year where I couldn't fall asleep until like 4am every night, so I know how bad insomnia sucks. Then I would end up sleeping until 12-1 pm and it just made the cycle worse because I wouldn't even get tired until late at night.

I've since started treatment for anxiety and the insomnia is much better along with it.

Something to think about...

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
I'm not sure if this is in the supps you already tried using, but have you tried straight melatonin? I'd give that a whirl along with possibly some 5-HTP. 5-HTP is a serotonin precursor which is then a precursor for melatonin production. I'd try and figure out what's causing the insomnia in the first place too. Are you really stressed, anxious, depressed, or anything that is messing with you psychologically? (rhetorical question, not asking you to answer it here) I went through a patch last year where I couldn't fall asleep until like 4am every night, so I know how bad insomnia sucks. Then I would end up sleeping until 12-1 pm and it just made the cycle worse because I wouldn't even get tired until late at night. I've since started treatment for anxiety and the insomnia is much better along with it. Something to think about...
Ive use both melatonin an 5-HTP. And I do not feel stressed out or have anxiety, I'm usually the friend where if you have a problem you come tell me and I will help you out

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Ive use both melatonin an 5-HTP. And I do not feel stressed out or have anxiety, I'm usually the friend where if you have a problem you come tell me and I will help you out
Ah okay. Yeah not sure then. Could be something underlying that you aren't necessarily aware of.

One other thing I would recommend trying is a sublingual B12 during the day. Get methylcobalamin, not cynanocobalamin which is a lower quality one. The body prefers methyl B12. It's gotta be the sublingual one that you dissolve in your gums too as the body doesn't absorb supplemental B12 very well in the gut.

Also maybe add in a general B-Complex if you're not taking a multi already.

The B vitamins and especially B12 are important players in neurotransmitter production like serotonin and melatonin.

I know when I added in the methyl B12, the insomnia started getting a little better.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Whats your sleep hygiene like? You don't need more supplements... you need doctors advice

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
What is kratom?
A plant that comes from Southeast Asia and the leaves are completely consumable. Some ppl use it for relaxation, mood elevation, pain relief, energy etc...Different strains give off various effects.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Whats your sleep hygiene like? You don't need more supplements... you need doctors advice
Sleep hygiene is good. I get a got shower an hour before is attempt to go to bed, and then get in bed. Usually between 10-11. I don't care for a docs advice because it's going to go along the lines of him prescribing me ambien or something along those lines

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
I don't care for a docs advice because it's going to go along the lines of him prescribing me ambien or something along those lines
Yeah I agree. These days doctors just want to write people a script for something and get them out the door instead of finding what the underlying problem is and addressing that.

This just masks the problem - it doesn't solve it.

It sucks, but that usually leaves people like us trying to figure things out for ourselves.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Another thing to consider is the presence of EMF in your bedroom as well as the darkness level. The human brain needs total darkness for the pineal gland to begin to secrete melatonin .... turn off all lights, heavy curtains for the windows, etc .... in an attempt to achieve total darkness.

EMF (ElectroMagneticFrequency) interference also greatly effects your ability to begin the fall asleep cycle as well as keeping you from reaching the deep sleep necessary for recovery and optimal hormone balance. Things that produce EMF would be cell phones, clock radios, DVD/VCR's that stay in sleep mode, etc.... Basically most electronic devices. Try to completely power down or totally remove all EMF producing devices from your bedroom. I have my TV, DVD, Stereo all on a power strip that I turn off at night to completely power-down the devices. I also turn off my cell phone completely. Use an old fashioned wind up alarm clock if necessary as well.

Once you achieve total darkness and and EMF free sleep area then you will be able to move forward. All the sleep aids in the world will fail to work if the basics are not covered first.

After that is achieved, maintain your current sleep hygiene .... that seems to be just fine. Bedroom temperature is a factor as well for most people ..... on the colder side is the best to induce sleep.

Get all this in line and then if need be products like G8 will work exactly how they are supposed to ..... and when you reach that deep sleep you will get the optimal hormone (HGH) secretion as well as maximize recovery.

Works for me ... ;) I had similar issues until I did the research and then did the bedroom conditions overhaul .... now I am in total darkness, EMF free and sleeping just fine ;)

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Will try the EMF because my room is pitch black as I was never able to fall asleep with any light, thanks

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Will try the EMF because my room is pitch black as I was never able to fall asleep with any light, thanks
No problem ..... feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Removing the EMF will be the game-changer for sure.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Jackedjack you should give Oneiromancer a try. It contains melatonin and 5-HTP in proper doses as well as lots of other goodies. It can even be stacked with a phenibut product, such as G8, and with some magnesium (I prefer glycinate).

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
I would recommend seeking a doctors advice. I have terrible insomnia too, and it can very easily spiral out of control by jumping from one drug to the next when tolerance builds. I was given off label gabapentin to use as needed, and it really helps me sleep with literally no sides. I take it about 3 days a week and I have zero withdrawal symptoms on my off days. The only other supplement that has ever really helped me is somatomax ultra concentrate (make sure its the concentrate version).
Def gonna bring that up during my next visit. I've taken nearly every sleep pill. I have a candy store of sleeping pills that I've compiled over the years lol.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Tried every sleeping pill too, nothing seems to work.

Will try turn the internet connection off on my phone when I sleep as this will reduce the EMF, but unfortunately need my phone for my alarm

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Well last night at about 12 I started feeling my heart race. An hour later I felt numb with sharp chest pains and though I was having a heart attack. I then proceeded to drive myself to the hospital where they performed a variety of tests l. They concluded that it wasn't a heart attack but heart palpitations caused by hyperthyroidism. The docs said this is what's causing insomnia. Now I have three options, to take large doses of thyroid blocking medicine, to become hypothyroid so they can treat me with synthroid, remove my thyroid and start up synthroid, or just give me thyroid blocking medicine and adjust the dose accurately which seems to be a very hard so they say.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Well last night at about 12 I started feeling my heart race. An hour later I felt numb with sharp chest pains and though I was having a heart attack. I then proceeded to drive myself to the hospital where they performed a variety of tests l. They concluded that it wasn't a heart attack but heart palpitations caused by hyperthyroidism. The docs said this is what's causing insomnia. Now I have three options, to take large doses of thyroid blocking medicine, to become hypothyroid so they can treat me with synthroid, remove my thyroid and start up synthroid, or just give me thyroid blocking medicine and adjust the dose accurately which seems to be a very hard so they say.
Wow how's your metabolism normally? Just curious not many people are that hypothyroid AFAIK. Also I assume they arrived at this conclusion based upon a thyroid test. Look into the different kinds of tests and normal ranges. Don't get your thyroid removed just because a total T3 test (which is useless to start with) came up 1% over the 'normal' range.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
They measured my TSH levels and they measured both my T3 and T4 levels. My metabolism is scary fast, that is why I usually have to eat around 5000 to maintain my normal weight. They said the tests were 35% above the normal range. Also when I was 16 I had thyroid cancer, but did not want to be on synthroid, my entire life, so I opted to get Radioactive iodine treatment one round of chemotherapy, as it was only stage one. The reason I opted out of thyroid removal is because I'm very hesitant to be on prescriptions my whole entire life, and I was just applying to get into the naval academy and though that this would affect my chances. Now that I know I have to be on medicine the rest of my life, I might just opt to get the thyroid removed as a precautionary measure of my cancer reaccuring.

jarod86

Awards
Another thing to consider is the presence of EMF in your bedroom as well as the darkness level. The human brain needs total darkness for the pineal gland to begin to secrete melatonin .... turn off all lights, heavy curtains for the windows, etc .... in an attempt to achieve total darkness. EMF (ElectroMagneticFrequency) interference also greatly effects your ability to begin the fall asleep cycle as well as keeping you from reaching the deep sleep necessary for recovery and optimal hormone balance. Things that produce EMF would be cell phones, clock radios, DVD/VCR's that stay in sleep mode, etc.... Basically most electronic devices. Try to completely power down or totally remove all EMF producing devices from your bedroom. I have my TV, DVD, Stereo all on a power strip that I turn off at night to completely power-down the devices. I also turn off my cell phone completely. Use an old fashioned wind up alarm clock if necessary as well. Once you achieve total darkness and and EMF free sleep area then you will be able to move forward. All the sleep aids in the world will fail to work if the basics are not covered first. After that is achieved, maintain your current sleep hygiene .... that seems to be just fine. Bedroom temperature is a factor as well for most people ..... on the colder side is the best to induce sleep. Get all this in line and then if need be products like G8 will work exactly how they are supposed to ..... and when you reach that deep sleep you will get the optimal hormone (HGH) secretion as well as maximize recovery. Works for me ... ;) I had similar issues until I did the research and then did the bedroom conditions overhaul .... now I am in total darkness, EMF free and sleeping just fine ;)
This is good. Need to fix this sleep issue big time.

Will try the EMF & look into G8.

Many thanks

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
This is good. Need to fix this sleep issue big time.

Will try the EMF & look into G8.

Many thanks
No worries.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
I know from experience how effective the EMF reduction in your sleeping area can be. Another side effect is your dreams should become more vivid and you should begin to remember them better after waking if you have an issue in that area. Worked for me .... ;)

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
No worries.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
I know from experience how effective the EMF reduction in your sleeping area can be. Another side effect is your dreams should become more vivid and you should begin to remember them better after waking if you have an issue in that area. Worked for me .... ;)
I put my phone into aeroplane mode last night after reading this. I guess it will take a while to see benefits. I dont have any other electrical equipment in my room apart from that (i use a seperate room to game, watch tv etc). Is aeroplane mode okay? I need my phone to be "on" for my alarm

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is precisely why one should never come to a bodybuilding forum for "serious" medical advice; despite all the well-intentioned/helpful BRO-posts.

I'm glad you did the right thing and now know what the deal is. Good luck man. ;)