ARA + ALCAR/GMS vs W/O

Akagami

Awards
Tons of information here and informative protocols about taking ARA.

But I can't seem to find any threads where people compare their experience dosing ARA completely solo vs ARA + Carnitine/GMS.

I just placed an order for ARA and Anabeta E yesterday. When it gets here I plan to do ARA for 2 weeks solo to asses and then pair it with Anabeta E.

I didn't order the Carnitine and GMS supps though. Is the difference that large? If I HAD to choose, would one be more beneficial vs the other? Thanks!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GMS and a carntitine salt aren't necessary for an ArA run. I've always ran both of them alongside ArA but other members have noted they haven't noticed a huge difference from either running with GMS and carnitine or not.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GMS and a carntitine salt aren't necessary for an ArA run. I've always ran both of them alongside ArA but other members have noted they haven't noticed a huge difference from either running with GMS and carnitine or not.
Spot on, people seem to think they will make or break your ArA cycle... they most certainly will not.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not needed, but GMS is so cheap, why not. You can also use it after your cycle. Controlled Labs Glycergrow is about $23 and will give you enough for 2, almost 3 runs of ArA.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
GMS and Aspirin/LCLT are very inexpensive. Why not. Plus GMS just adds to tha pumpz!

Akagami

Awards
Money is money and you have to draw the line somewhere when you ain't rich! If ARA is really effective then I'd much rather buy a second bottle than some Alcar and GMS. Or resupply other supps I love (looking at you Ashwagandha). Or try new and promising supps like I am doing with ARA this round.

My training is also more neuro-strength based than pump the muscle body building style and GMS seems more like an icing on the cake supplement than something that will really enhance your training. I will admit I haven't researched much about it though, and the price point is pretty much on par with creatine so maybe it is something to try one day.

Thanks for the input guys!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tons of information here and informative protocols about taking ARA. But I can't seem to find any threads where people compare their experience dosing ARA completely solo vs ARA + Carnitine/GMS. I just placed an order for ARA and Anabeta E yesterday. When it gets here I plan to do ARA for 2 weeks solo to asses and then pair it with Anabeta E. I didn't order the Carnitine and GMS supps though. Is the difference that large? If I HAD to choose, would one be more beneficial vs the other? Thanks!
I ran it back in the day, when it first came out and before anybody knew anything about the benefits of the stack. I haven't run the new "protocol" yet but I just remember DOMS being brutal. Both regular volume training and DC training. I had to cut runs short bc of tendinitis flare (throwing a baseball hundreds of times a day and ArA don't mix)

People who run the stack don't seem to complain as much about the DOMS. Pumps were ok solo. Nothing crazy. Hope that helpa

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally don't notice it bringing anything appreciable to the table in practice. It doesn't hurt to stack it with a carnitine salt + GMS but IMO it doesn't hurt to run the ArA without the complimentary supplements either.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I've run both and I notice no difference, HOWEVER, subjective measure is a very, very poor way of telling if there is a measureable difference in both dosing protocols. Theres just to much going on for you to know which one is better without having actual data

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've run both and I notice no difference, HOWEVER, subjective measure is a very, very poor way of telling if there is a measureable difference in both dosing protocols. Theres just to much going on for you to know which one is better without having actual data
I agree, though personally, I didn't notice appreciable difference in gains running it with or without the gms + lclt. At least we know that it doesn't appreciably hinder the ArA so it doesn't harm to stack it with those two things.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
I got nothing from taking GMS but everyone responds differently.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great feedback in this thread, glad to hear everybody seems to agree ArA is just as effective on its own.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have never really noticed a difference either. That being said, I still take baby aspirin and GMS along side my cycles cause it's cheap and GMS is affective as a standalone and baby aspirin is dirt cheap.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Money is money and you have to draw the line somewhere when you ain't rich! If ARA is really effective then I'd much rather buy a second bottle than some Alcar and GMS. Or resupply other supps I love (looking at you Ashwagandha). Or try new and promising supps like I am doing with ARA this round.

My training is also more neuro-strength based than pump the muscle body building style and GMS seems more like an icing on the cake supplement than something that will really enhance your training. I will admit I haven't researched much about it though, and the price point is pretty much on par with creatine so maybe it is something to try one day.

Thanks for the input guys!
Absolutely, spending that money on more ArA instead of adding lclt and gms will undoubtedly lead to more muscle gains and ergogenic benefit.