Bulking stack to help stay lean

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys, thought I'd share my supplementation for this bulk I'm doing. Reason being, I'm going to stay lean and make my supplements work for me to still eat lots of food and stay lean.

As we know, we can manipulate how we eat to encourage our bodies to burn fat or build muscle. This depends on the types/amounts/timing of what we eat. Here's how I pan to supplement and eat to burn fat and build muscle.

Upon waking
1 scoop SNS Focus-XT
1 cap SNS TTA
5 caps (10mg) SNS yohimbe
1 cap SNS Glycophase

I'll then take my little, 12lbs Maltese on a walk around my apartment complex. Probably 20min in total duration.

Let's go step by step on why I'm taking these and how the rest of my day will work. I'm not going into great detail on functions of supplements, just basics. We all know how to google.

First, yohimbe. Simple and cheap. Work you way up in dosing but once you do, it's great. Yohimbe helps increase fatty acid mobilization. This is greatly improved when in the absence of insulin. Hence fasted AM dosing.

Next the TTA. TTA is an omega 3 fatty acid with an added sulfar group. Because of the addition of the sulfar group, it cannot be metabolized by beta oxidation (used for fuel). Supplementation of TTA has been shown to be a potent PPAR-alpha activator, meaning that it is a regulator of lipid metabolism in the liver.

What this means is that when PPAR-alpha is activated, fatty acid catabolism (break down) and utilisation (used as a fuel) is increased through beta-oxidation.

PPAR-alpha activation is common in an energy derived state when the body must rely on stored energy to fuel its needs - if we activate this through supplementation of TTA supplementation, then ultimately we increase fat burning even in periods of energy availability. Another benefit of PPAR-alpha activation is that it removes fatty acids from the blood stream in order to be used for fuel and is thus seen as being a useful tool in preventing fat storage. (Taken from Jiigzz snipit)

This is going to encourage our body to use even more fat for energy when fasted and hopefully keep this going when we do eat our first meal.

Now for the delicious Focus-XT.... The star of fat burning in this is the ALCAR/Tyrosine/Caffeine. More fatty acid mobilization with the ALCAR. Tyrosine helps improve thyroid fiction and caffeine amplifies the benefita of yohimbe. This stuff also tastes delicious and helps with cognitive functions.

Last but not least, Glycophase. This is to improve insulin sensitivity bc were gonna need it in a few hours. This allows blood sugar levels to stay low through the first half of the day and we can continue to burn fat and prime GLUT-4.

So now that all of that is done, little popper has poop'd peed and made me look questionable. It's time to eat. This also plays an important role in out set up.

My first meal is going to be primarily protein & fat. Everyone's dietary needs will be different but here are mine...

1 cup egg whites (I drink them)
1 scoop whey isolate
1 TBS extra virgin coconut oil
*I mix the why and coconut oil and make a butter. I'll add cinnamon and a little Splenda. Water to desired consistency.

The reason I use coconut oil bc of MCT content. MCT are less likely to be stored as fat and more likely to be used as energy due to their make up. This is what helps keep the fat burning going.

Now here's where the fat kid in me comes out bc I like to eat. Peri workout is where I'll be hammering carbs. I've primed insulin the first 4hrs of the day and kept blood sugar low and fat burning cranking. I'll now have a lean protein meal with a complex carb (I like sweet potatoes) about 1.5hr pre workout.

Then about 15-20min before I'll have a leucine rich BCAA/Karboload drink.

10gr BCAA+5gr SNS L-leucine
1/2 scoop TN Karboload.

This should create a large influx of insulin to start growing and the BCAA/leucine should boost MPS

I have an intra of HBCD/EAA or peptapro to keep this going an preventing MPB & continuing MPS.

Post workout will be 50hr Whey Isolate with another 5gr SNS-L-Leucine. Followed by (fat kid alert) either cereal or pancakes. Try and keep fat low here and insulin will be pumping and we want to keep circulating fat to a minimum.

My last carb meal of the day will be the next meal but I'll have another serving of Glycophase before this meal and about 50gr lean protein, 50gr complex carbs.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You're not going to want to combine Focus XT and Yohimbine (Tyrosine + Yohimbine).

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're not going to want to combine Focus XT and Yohimbine (Tyrosine + Yohimbine).
Why? Bc it may cause anxiety in some people and elevated bp? I see where you're coming from but I've never had issues with either. Not to mention I've been doing it for years (Spike energy drinks) lol.

If you have a link about other possible interactions, I'd like to read up on them. Thanks boss.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why? Bc it may cause anxiety in some people and elevated bp? I see where you're coming from but I've never had issues with either. Not to mention I've been doing it for years (Spike energy drinks) lol.

If you have a link about other possible interactions, I'd like to read up on them. Thanks boss.
Lucky you, yohimbine makes me feel like the world is out to get me. I get pretty shaky lol

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I'm not sure negatives on Tyrosine / Yohimbe, Lyle McDonald recommends essentially that exact protocol.

200mg Caffeine
Yohimbe based on bodyweight
1-3g L-Tyrosine

Love that stack though btw, and do something similar. Solid easy going walk in the morning fasted, then protein/greens/mct oil shake and an hour later my real "breakfast" of carbs/pro for pre workout.

Reversing now, interested to see how it'll fare for you on your bulk. I shall be following boss

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
When I get back home and begin my bulking I plan to run a bit of a similar protocol except that my timing is a bit different.

I wake at about 5am, supplement, walk, then head to work. Fast til about 9am then have some whites and spinach. Next at about 12 I'll have my pre workout meal of 1c Proats and maybe a quest bar. Preworkout drink around 2:15 and gym by 2:45. Pwo is a whey shake followed by a meal of cereal, lean protein (usually chicken) and a ton of veggies. Last meal of the day is a protein smoothie, veggies, and some pb before bed

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure negatives on Tyrosine / Yohimbe, Lyle McDonald recommends essentially that exact protocol.

200mg Caffeine
Yohimbe based on bodyweight
1-3g L-Tyrosine

Love that stack though btw, and do something similar. Solid easy going walk in the morning fasted, then protein/greens/mct oil shake and an hour later my real "breakfast" of carbs/pro for pre workout.

Reversing now, interested to see how it'll fare for you on your bulk. I shall be following boss
Yohimbine + Tyrosin can give the cheesing effect

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yohimbine + Tyrosin can give the cheesing effect
I've heard this a lot here but had anyone ever actually experienced this?

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've heard this a lot here but had anyone ever actually experienced this?
I've definitely experienced this. A lot of old LG supplements used to make me wig out and I could never figure out why...and then I learned that a lot of them had tyramine + yohimbine which caused a spontaneous hypertensive event.

To the OP:

Everything there looks solid. If i was planning on micromanaging everything that hard, I would probably do something like 5g Hydroxycitric acid in the evening with a boatload of carbs (and zero fat). Hydroxycitric acid will inhibit the de novo lipogenesis that occurs in a carb overfeeding state, and it appears that your primary dietary fat sources are MCT. Since MCTs are rapidly oxidized, you wont have much FFA to get stored when you flip the switch and start smacking down the food. I would probably leave the glycophage out here too in order to take full advantage of the endogenous insulin release.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've definitely experienced this. A lot of old LG supplements used to make me wig out and I could never figure out why...and then I learned that a lot of them had tyramine + yohimbine which caused a spontaneous hypertensive event. To the OP: Everything there looks solid. If i was planning on micromanaging everything that hard, I would probably do something like 5g Hydroxycitric acid in the evening with a boatload of carbs (and zero fat). Hydroxycitric acid will inhibit the de novo lipogenesis that occurs in a carb overfeeding state, and it appears that your primary dietary fat sources are MCT. Since MCTs are rapidly oxidized, you wont have much FFA to get stored when you flip the switch and start smacking down the food. I would probably leave the glycophage out here too in order to take full advantage of the endogenous insulin release.
Yes I have thought about that. SNS makes a Garcinia Cambodgia and I typically use EBF Metabolic powder (bulk powder dosing is easier) for refeed meals and uber amount of carbs with lower fats.

Reason I want to keep Glycophase in there is bc I want to get resting blood sugar back down as quickly as possible and also allows for insulin sensitivity to stay around longer. I've toyed with protocols before and my insulin sensitivity becomes pretty null after about 6-8 weeks. Using GDA's helps prolong the effects of heavier carbs before having to mini diet.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
So combining PES alpha t2 and focus xt is a no go? Would the alpha y in alpha t2 make a difference than regular yohimbine?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So combining PES alpha t2 and focus xt is a no go? Would the alpha y in alpha t2 make a difference than regular yohimbine?
The different Y extract may lessen the chance of sides when combined with Tyrosine, but I believe there would still be a chance of them. We don't recommend the combination of out products containing Yohimbine and Tyrosine, although some have tried it without issue.

Add forskolin to that stack DW and it is pretty similar to how I go about this end-goal. :)

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes I have thought about that. SNS makes a Garcinia Cambodgia and I typically use EBF Metabolic powder (bulk powder dosing is easier) for refeed meals and uber amount of carbs with lower fats.

Reason I want to keep Glycophase in there is bc I want to get resting blood sugar back down as quickly as possible and also allows for insulin sensitivity to stay around longer. I've toyed with protocols before and my insulin sensitivity becomes pretty null after about 6-8 weeks. Using GDA's helps prolong the effects of heavier carbs before having to mini diet.
Yeah I experience the same decrease in insulin sensitivity after prolonged offseasons, typically I will go <100g carb on off days so i can toggle endogenous insulin higher on training days.

I believe alpha y is a less effective MAOI, so it doesnt hit as hard as with yohimbine hcl or a crude extract. The potential is still there however, but ive seen more people elude the negative with alpha y compared to other preparations.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
i just wish carnitines didn't make my sweat smell fishy :( i loooooooooove focus xt, especially caffeine free for a good ol stim break

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Question...is the mixing of yohimbine and L- tyrosine bad in a sense of a day, or is it mixing the 2 together in a close timeframe?

I ask because i IF from 8 at night to around 10 the next day! Would it hurt to take focus xt upon rising and later that day at around 6 take my 2 caps of AT2 with 200mg caffeine, or a preworkout?

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Question...is the mixing of yohimbine and L- tyrosine bad in a sense of a day, or is it mixing the 2 together in a close timeframe?

I ask because i IF from 8 at night to around 10 the next day! Would it hurt to take focus xt upon rising and later that day at around 6 take my 2 caps of AT2 with 200mg caffeine, or a preworkout?
If you stagger the doses by a few hours you should be fine, you just have to play around with it.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Powdered gatorade tossed in with my AminoIV for intra, yay or nay? I'm going to start experimenting...see if that helps with growth at all...normally outside of a preWO/bcaa-eaa supp, I train first thing in the morning, 'fasted'...

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Powdered gatorade tossed in with my AminoIV for intra, yay or nay? I'm going to start experimenting...see if that helps with growth at all...normally outside of a preWO/bcaa-eaa supp, I train first thing in the morning, 'fasted'...
Do it! I do that sometimes with powerade powder!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good place to start if you're going to experiment with intra-carbs.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I do:

32oz Gatoraid - 50g Carbs
1 scoop Xtend - 7g BCAAs
2 scoop CreMax - 5g Creatine, TMG, COP + elecytrolyes

Been a great intra workout, been doing it for about a month and love it! Seems to help a bit for size.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good deal guise, thanks for your input...picked some up on the way home, will give it a go tomorrow...

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I do: 32oz Gatoraid - 50g Carbs 1 scoop Xtend - 7g BCAAs 2 scoop CreMax - 5g Creatine, TMG, COP + elecytrolyes Been a great intra workout, been doing it for about a month and love it! Seems to help a bit for size.
I take my cremax pre!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can do Gatorade/BCAA intra but it doesn't have the same effect as HBCD/EAA or peptapro has intra.

It's extra calories and can kick start MPS. I'll try and find the podcast where meadows goes over it a little more in depth. It's the structure of the cyclic dextrin and gastric emptying that make it unique.

Again, I take my intra for superior recovery, nothing else. That, in turn, allows me to train harder and more frequent which leads to more muscle growth.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can do Gatorade/BCAA intra but it doesn't have the same effect as HBCD/EAA or peptapro has intra.

It's extra calories and can kick start MPS. I'll try and find the podcast where meadows goes over it a little more in depth. It's the structure of the cyclic dextrin and gastric emptying that make it unique.

Again, I take my intra for superior recovery, nothing else. That, in turn, allows me to train harder and more frequent which leads to more muscle growth.
Ah, so something like Glycofuse....gotch ya...I'll see how the Gatorade pan out then go from there...

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would still use Gatorade or powerade powder before buying something expensive to experiment with intra carbs personally.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would still use Gatorade or powerade powder before buying something expensive to experiment with intra carbs personally.
Oh def man! Going the least expensive route as possible for the time being...operating on a pretty much zero dollar supp budget these days...