Whats the best amino acid supplement out there?

manup

Awards
I want one with all the essentail 9 amino acids
and one with over 30 servings is it 1 out there

bswanny

bswanny

Awards
  • Established
Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
Strive is the best taste too

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
AminoIV, AminOD, Purple Wraath..I recall SAN having one similar to PW's profile, name alludes me at the moment...
San protein is on point for taste but their aminos... Not so much lol. Especially if you're sipping.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
San protein is on point for taste but their aminos... Not so much lol. Especially if you're sipping.
Interesting, haven't had their aminos, how'd you feel about their pre's though? I thought fierce and launch were pretty delish...

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, the other aminos have a purpose as well.

Leucine is king of them all, if that is what you are trying to imply.
This. Leucine alone can stimulate muscle protein synthesis, but the body requires all of the EAAs to make new muscle proteins and essentially grow.

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
I tried em all and taste wins for me with strive by far, but heres my three faves compared

Strive

Amino iv

Wraath

manstr

manstr

Awards
I want one with all the essentail 9 amino acids
and one with over 30 servings is it 1 out there
It's uncommon for companies to include all 9 EAAs in their product. I'd suggest something like AminoIV or Purple WrAAth, and buy l-trp if you're REALLY concerned, just because of how fantastic AminoIV is. You could also go with some of these suggestions that include hydrolyzed protein meant to deliver all of the EAAs and nonEAAs such as Strive.

I wouldn't add tryptophan regardless because studies have shown no need when taken pre-intra.

Forgot to mention Alpha Amino by Cellucor.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting, haven't had their aminos, how'd you feel about their pre's though? I thought fierce and launch were pretty delish...
watermelon fierce was amazing I also enjoyed blue ras or we it's called.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Big fan of Amino IV, Purple Wraath, Core ABC, Scivation Xtend, Strive.

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
RPG.... Both taste (warrior melon) and price are excellent!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
compete is my go to...i do mix it with more bcaa's usually but just personal preference

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
compete is my go to...i do mix it with more bcaa's usually but just personal preference
So you're saying Compete is the best amino acid supplement out there, despite not being an amino acid supplement, and despite the fact that you have to add BCAAs to it to have full dosing of BCAAs, and despite the fact that the products marketing explicitly says that the days of antiquated BCAA supplements are over.

--

OP - Amino IV.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
So you're saying Compete is the best amino acid supplement out there, despite not being an amino acid supplement, and despite the fact that you have to add BCAAs to it to have full dosing of BCAAs, and despite the fact that the products marketing explicitly says that the days of antiquated BCAA supplements are over.

--

OP - Amino IV.
Always pimpin own products. It seems to be the iforce way. I've seen some creative methods employed to link every question to an Iforce product.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

--

OP - Amino IV.
I see what you did there :p

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always pimpin own products. It seems to be the iforce way. I've seen some creative methods employed to link every question to an Iforce product.
haha you mean it's the AM way since every rep loooovves to pimp their stuff around here, take a look at all the ppl in the ArA threads, shameful

but if i'd prefer to use something like compete over purple wrath or whatever, again personal preference

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha you mean it's the AM way since every rep loooovves to pimp their stuff around here, take a look at all the ppl in the ArA threads, shameful

but if i'd prefer to use something like compete over purple wrath or whatever, again personal preference
It's kind of not a mere preference in regards to which has a better profile though if you look at the labels...

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's kind of not a mere preference in regards to which has a better profile though if you look at the labels...
sort of is, i don't enjoy purple wrath because of beta alanine...if someone likes purple wrath then good for them, the profile is fine, just not for me

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Recommending an ArA product in a thread about ArA makes sense, how is that shameful? Even then I usually only do so if nobody else has made a recommendation, or I can add some specific information to the thread such as a good price drop on it somewhere, etc...

Responding to someone's request for the 'best amino acid product, one that contains all the EAAs' by recommending your company's non amino acid product makes no sense at all. I honestly get the vibe from numerous iforce 'minions' that several you guys don't even read OPs, and just read thread titles and recommend the most applicable product in their brands line.

(P.S. compete is a great product, just not what the op asked for)

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sort of is, i don't enjoy purple wrath because of beta alanine...if someone likes purple wrath then good for them, the profile is fine, just not for me
But the main reason to take an amino supplement is... well... for the aminos. I like Compete though, it has some other goodies in it, I just don't feel like the actual aminos part of the formula is adequately dosed.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recommending an ArA product in a thread about ArA makes sense, how is that shameful? Even then I usually only do so if nobody else has made a recommendation, or I can add some specific information to the thread such as a good price drop on it somewhere, etc...

Responding to someone's request for the 'best amino acid product, one that contains all the EAAs' by recommending your company's non amino acid product makes no sense at all. I honestly get the vibe from numerous iforce 'minions' that several you guys don't even read OPs, and just read thread titles and recommend the most applicable product in their brands line.

(P.S. compete is a great product, just not what the op asked for)
i know what he asked for, but whey hydrosolate will break down into exactly what he's looking for...thats where my recommendation came from, i'm also guessing as most ppl probably would that he's asking for intra workout purposes

but whats the real diffrence in me recommending what i use intraworkout everyday and t-bone not even giving a recommendation with saying just use leucine?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i know what he asked for, but whey hydrosolate will break down into exactly what he's looking for...thats where my recommendation came from, i'm also guessing as most ppl probably would that he's asking for intra workout purposes

but whats the real diffrence in me recommending what i use intraworkout everyday and t-bone not even giving a recommendation with saying just use leucine?
The protein isn't adequately dosed though. So for pre and/or intraworkout needs in regards to AA, it's not adequate.

For example, to get the desired leucine spike from it, I think you'll need around 15-20 grams of hydro whey?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

C'mon, 5000mg of WPH doesn't even make for a complete dose of leucine, much less any other BCAA/EAA. Compete isn't an Amino acid product, multiple iForce people argued that point vehemently in response to the lobliner video about it.

T-bones recommendation certainly wasn't ideal for what the OP was asking for either :p

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The protein isn't adequately dosed though. So for pre and/or intraworkout needs in regards to AA, it's not adequate.

For example, to get the desired leucine spike from it, I think you'll need around 15-20 grams of hydro whey?
More than that, even at 15% Leucine (Unlikely quite frankly) you'd need 23grams.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
There are very few products that have all 9 EAAs. NOW makes a product called Amino9 that is a powdered EAA product that contains all 9 EAA's.

Another one that I know of is Optimum EFX Amino Acid Matrix. It has more than 18g of EAAs per service as well as a few other solid ingredients.

Sciitec Nutrition also has Essential Amino Matrix which has all 9 EEAs.

None of them meet your more than 30 servings requirement but that is a bit subjective IMO. How many EAA's are you looking to consume per serving. The Optimum EFX has more than 18g per serving, while the Scitec product is less than 8g.

jcalvert86

Awards
  • Established
It's even more amusing when 3 iForce reps come into the same thread within 10 minutes of each other to pimp the same product.. almost as if they PM each other links to every possible thread.

warrior737

Awards
5% nutrition Alldayyoumay

What about this. Has anyone actually bought this yet? Too expensive for my blood.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
It's even more amusing when 3 iForce reps come into the same thread within 10 minutes of each other to pimp the same product.. almost as if they PM each other links to every possible thread.
The other day there was a thread about fasted training and one of the iforce reps recommended iforce protein powder before the workout. I've not read one thread that only offers advice.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strive gets my vote as THE best.

Amino IV and Wraath are good options as well.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

For your needs I recommend X gels

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
OP, I think that Amino IV is your best option. I'm not a huge BCAA/ EAA kind of guy but when I pick up some its always Amino IV.

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
The thing with strive is that once you try it you can't go back to the bcaa aftertaste effect all others have. Also, strive has lots of ingredients in addition like fast digesting peptid proteins which are great when i do fasted cardiol sip it every 10 min.

I have 3 bottles of amino iv and I'm giving it a fair trial run, but I miss yhe taste of strive honestly. Ill report back after using up more iv