BCAA/L-Leucine Peptides

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Can't seem to find a bulk source of this besides finding it as leucine hydrolysate or biotest (overpriced). Help would be greatly appreciated.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't seem to find a bulk source of this besides finding it as leucine hydrolysate or biotest (overpriced). Help would be greatly appreciated.
Explain this overpriced thing to me again. It's $36 for 60 servings. To get that optimal leucine spike, you'll use 2 scoops. That's still 30 double servings. They are in di and tri peptides. It's priced more or less the same as most BCAA products but it is of much higher quality.

Granted, these BCAA products pretty much works the same so you should probably buy whatever is the most cost effective, but for what is in the tub, it's fairly and competitively priced.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Explain this overpriced thing to me again. It's $36 for 60 servings. To get that optimal leucine spike, you'll use 2 scoops. That's still 30 double servings. They are in di and tri peptides. It's priced more or less the same as most BCAA products but it is of much higher quality.

Granted, these BCAA products pretty much works the same so you should probably buy whatever is the most cost effective, but for what is in the tub, it's fairly and competitively priced.
Overpriced in comparison to bulk bcaa/leucine.

Ideally, a bulk supplier like Nutrabio or Musclefeast would be preferred.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Overpriced in comparison to bulk bcaa/leucine.

Of course it's expensive compared to regular bcaa/leucine. LoL. I pointed that out, you're paying for di and tri peptide bonded forms here, concentrated from whey hydrolysate.

Regular BCAA/leucine they isolate the freeform amino acids from goodness knows what.

You're essentially comparing different things so yes, price is going to be different. You're thread is asking about peptide bonded amino acids though, so they are going to cost more than the regular free form aminos. There's no way around that ;) You're kind of asking to buy macarons at Oreos prices :p

So basically, no clue why you are looking for peptide bonded aminos, just buy whatever is the most cost effective BCAA/leucine. They pretty much work the same.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Of course it's expensive compared to regular bcaa/leucine. LoL. I pointed that out, you're paying for di and tri peptide bonded forms here, concentrated from whey hydrolysate.

Regular BCAA/leucine they isolate the freeform amino acids from goodness knows what.

You're essentially comparing different things so yes, price is going to be different. You're thread is asking about peptide bonded amino acids though, so they are going to cost more than the regular free form aminos. There's no way around that ;) You're kind of asking to buy macarons at Oreos prices :p

So basically, no clue why you are looking for peptide bonded aminos, just buy whatever is the most cost effective BCAA/leucine. They pretty much work the same.
That's what I was thinking. I was just wondering if there was a bulk source, though.

You're totally right. One is cost-effective and the other is frivolous. It's a nissan vs a bugati. Both are going to get you to the same place no matter what.

Repped.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've yet to see any convincing evidence to suggest that leucine in an unspecified peptide is going to be absorbed in any way superior to plain leucine.

On top of that, remember that perhaps the most reputable leucine peptide ingredient on the market, Glanbia Pepform is only 40% leucine.

So your efficiency doesn't just have to be better, it has to be at least 250% just to break even with the efficiency of straight leucine. And that's if you're using the market leader ingredient and not some unbranded questionably supplied stuff.

Toss in that leucine peptides are more expensive than leucine, and the idea of using the ingredient is just absurd.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Both great companies.

FWIW - I don't know about Musclefeast but Nutrabio FF aminos are from a vegetarian source.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Isn't this in PES Select protein? Pepform.

I've tried to megadose Leucine but never really noticed anything from doing it. TBH, I think there's enough Leucine in protein to not add it as a standalone supp.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Isn't this in PES Select protein? Pepform.

I've tried to megadose Leucine but never really noticed anything from doing it. TBH, I think there's enough Leucine in protein to not add it as a standalone supp.
Depends on the protein source.

Reason why I listed Nutrabio as an example is because 1) they use no fillers and 2) they disclose the full aa profile.

I know you need 5 grams daily and at least 3 post workout is beneficial.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends on the protein source.

Reason why I listed Nutrabio as an example is because 1) they use no fillers and 2) they disclose the full aa profile.

I know you need 5 grams daily and at least 3 post workout is beneficial.
Why not just use high quality bulk hydrolysate if you really want to go down the peptide bonded aminos road? Can just buy bulk Peptopro, 15 grams of protein from it should be more than sufficient to stimulate mTOR. Also doubles as a good intra.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Why not just use high quality bulk hydrolysate if you really want to go down the peptide bonded aminos road?
Dammit! It won't let me rep you again!

I've been looking at rxwhey and protein factory for this but I have to finish my current supply of protein first.

I was just inquiring for down the road;)

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dammit! It won't let me rep you again!

I've been looking at rxwhey and protein factory for this but I have to finish my current supply of protein first.

I was just inquiring for down the road;)
You could go with PeptoPro. 15 grams should be more than sufficient to stimulate mTOR. Stuff also doubles as a good intra. I would go unflavoured and just squirt some Mio into it.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
You could go with PeptoPro. 15 grams should be more than sufficient to stimulate mTOR. Stuff also doubles as a good intra. I would go unflavoured and just squirt some Mio into it.
That's what I've been reading around.

Currently using AEN Intrabolic intra workout with waxy and it's pretty good. It uses whey hydro as well but not peptopro.

Over at the TN forums, I think peptopro + hbcd is the most popular intra/post drink.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Peptopro is bitter, at least in my experiences. It really needs to be mixed with something fruity. Vanilla and chocolate it tastes like crap. Never ordered from Protein Factory but based on what I've read, I wouldn't trust them. If I had to choose, rx whey or true nutrition. Otherwise, PES select is good enough with that profile, IMO.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's what I've been reading around.

Currently using AEN Intrabolic intra workout with waxy and it's pretty good. It uses whey hydro as well but not peptopro.

Over at the TN forums, I think peptopro + hbcd is the most popular intra/post drink.
Yup, that's basically what the Plazma product is. Plazma has a really big dose of citrulline malate and betaine in it as well though. Cost ends up being similar to using bulk Peptopro and HBCD though more or less.

If you go with the bulk Peptopro, I would personally just flavour it with Mio. Cheap and basically makes the stuff taste like a sports drink. I flavour my Plazma with it sometimes, tastes fine.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Not all hydrolysates are created equal. The only one I have found to advertise the percentage of Di/Tri Peptides is Peptopro. And since the reason to buy a hydrolysate is the di/tri peptides I personally think it is worth the extra money pay more to know what you are getting. With other you might be getting a crappy taswting protein with a minimal amount of Di/Tri peptides. Peptopro also also mixes the easiest of any I have tried and actuallly tastes not as bitter as some of the others.