Glycine

S

Shin Sprints

Awards
Does anyone use the amino acid glycine for athletic performance or recovery?

If so what type of dosage are you using and what timing?

Thanks.

S

Shin Sprints

Awards
PA supported this a long time ago, but he was mega dosing it at 10+ grams for CNS recovery post workout. Turned out to be a more of a headache and wallet drainer than anything.

This article is interesting. But it would have to be run solo or with bcaa/eaas only.

http://www.ergo-log.com/anticatabolic-effect-of-glycine.html
An Olympic lifting trainee once told be about glcyine and said that it increases growth hormone and said to dose at 5+g a with NAC and 1-2g Vitamin C...this is a few years back so I may be off with the details but I think I recall correctly.

I have never tried the dosing protocol but I ordered some glycine recently so I have some on hand and was curious to see if there was any knowledge on here on it.

I may try 5g in my BC/EAA morning pre-workout drink and see how it goes.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
An Olympic lifting trainee once told be about glcyine and said that it increases growth hormone and said to dose at 5+g a with NAC and 1-2g Vitamin C...this is a few years back so I may be off with the details but I think I recall correctly.

I have never tried the dosing protocol but I ordered some glycine recently so I have some on hand and was curious to see if there was any knowledge on here on it.

I may try 5g in my BC/EAA morning pre-workout drink and see how it goes.
No supp will ever raise endogenous GH past supra-physiological limits. If you want to raise GH, take GH.

1-2 grams of vit c is overkill and I highly DO NOT recommend it. Others can chime in as well, but this pretty well known around here that anything past 250-500mg in one dose doesn't serve any benefit unless dosing with nitrates.

5grams + BCAA might help. I'd even shoot for 10. Like I said, patrick arnold used to be a big proponent of doing this to strengthen the central nervous system.

You can also try 3-5grams before bed.