Glanbia/BSN Facing Class Action

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
What's the missing ingredient? Any word?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not too surprised. Only trust a few companies these days. Sad the industry is like this though.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The company is now being accused of mis-stating the benefits of the product, which promises to build “muscle fullness, strength, power endurance, and work capacity”.

I should sue 99% of the companies on this site for this exact same claim lol

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think they already attempted to sue BSN for NO Xplode. They claimed they had some form of creatine in both products that apparently doesn't exist.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Being sued by the firm that RK uses no less.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So basically they are still making up things that don't exist?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why don't you think an ester of arginine doesn't exist, synthesis of it is clearly possible.

Whether it's in Nitrix is a different matter.
I was just assuming that they most likely did not go out of their way to synthesize one to put in their product(s) :p

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean, in the previous lawsuit, BSN was synthesizing:

Dicreatine Ethyl Ester Malate instead of the Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate that was on the label, as per their own patent application, synthesis method, and lab tests.

--

I really don't see why they wouldn't be able to competently put arginine ethyl ester in a product.

--

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean, in the previous lawsuit, BSN was synthesizing:

Dicreatine Ethyl Ester Malate instead of the Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate that was on the label, as per their own patent application, synthesis method, and lab tests.

--

I really don't see why they wouldn't be able to competently put arginine ethyl ester in a product.

--
So, what would be your take on why it's not detectable in the product?

Under dosed? Bad raws? Mix of both?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, what would be your take on why it's not detectable in the product?
Given that I'm pretty sure BSN doesn't even sell that version of Nitrix any more and hasn't since their 2.0 series of products, I would guess degradation of the material over the several year shelf life.

changemyoil66

Awards
Didnt they get busted in 2005 or so for cellmass not containing any creatine in it? I do believe this is for the old Nitirix. The new one uses citrulline.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didnt they get busted in 2005 or so for cellmass not containing any creatine in it? I do believe this is for the old Nitirix. The new one uses citrulline.
The 2005 thing was settled out of court but amounted to effectively a label typo AFAIK