Somewhat "desperate" for a new protein.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Im sure theres 100's of these threads per day but I need a general consensus please! So im pretty much broke, and looking for a 5lb or ~60 serving tub of protein for a DECENT price(decent is under 53$ shipped in my book...) I dont want to pay $30 for 2lbs and yes i know you get what you pay for.

Im wondering if there's any current deals out right now.. I just got a PES insider email this morning but wasnt sure where to order that from to get the price, or if the sale is even on anymore! So for anybody who helps me id be extremely grateful to you as im struggling to find some decent stuff right now. I have like 1/4 tub of XF left :(

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Im sure theres 100's of these threads per day but I need a general consensus please! So im pretty much broke, and looking for a 5lb or ~60 serving tub of protein for a DECENT price(decent is under 53$ shipped in my book...) I dont want to pay $30 for 2lbs and yes i know you get what you pay for. Im wondering if there's any current deals out right now.. I just got a PES insider email this morning but wasnt sure where to order that from to get the price, or if the sale is even on anymore! So for anybody who helps me id be extremely grateful to you as im struggling to find some decent stuff right now. I have like 1/4 tub of XF left :(
If you got the insider it's like 38 bucks or something like that for 55 servings...even with shipping it's still within your budget. Click the link in the email, you can order direct from pes.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
That insider was a steal for sure. If you didn't get it the 5lb syntha-6 is around your price shipped (also free to shirt- just put am username in instructions)
http://www.islandsupplements.com/bsn-syntha-6-5lb.html
I know it has some added aminos but I really enjoy the vanilla taste. Top 5 taste wise for me.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
just hopped on the Select train.. cant go wrong with 55 servinngs for $40 honestly.. thats like prices from 2011! went with the snickerdoodle and cookies and cream. BUT STILL LOOKING FOR MOAR. wanna make sure im set for my first semester of college. otherwise this long bulk is gonna turn into a short one with 0 access to quality protein.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just hopped on the Select train.. cant go wrong with 55 servinngs for $40 honestly.. thats like prices from 2011! went with the snickerdoodle and cookies and cream. BUT STILL LOOKING FOR MOAR. wanna make sure im set for my first semester of college. otherwise this long bulk is gonna turn into a short one with 0 access to quality protein.
Good to hear you jumped on the Select train. Insider deal for Select is a must for the price!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear you jumped on the Select train. Insider deal for Select is a must for the price!
tried a 1/2 serving of cookies n cream a few months back when you guys handed out free samples so im excited to see what this does for me :) I like to do a lot of The_Solution -esque baking with powders so im real excited to try!
SAN Titanium Whey is pretty well priced for a lot of servings.
This is a close second choice and i still may end up getting a tub... ive found it a few places for $47 for 75 servings and then additional shipping but even thats only about $0.73/serving

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
SAN whey is really good priced. Around 60-70servings can be found for 40-45$ and it is quality

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're broke, don't buy anything. I'm broke also and that means no supplements. If I want protein I'll eat eggs or tuna. Protein powder is a luxury, not a need. Not trying to sound rude, just real.
Preach.

I have a ridiculous amount of protein powders, but I'd much rather eat my protein from food. I use one scoop of protein a day.. And I have six tubs of protein (2- 5lb and 3-2.5lbers) they're going to last forever

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
protein here is unrealistically expensive, steak 5.29lb chicken is 4.49, Protein powder IS cheaper that buying whole food at this point.. even canned tuna is up over $1/can, this the reason Im supplementing protein powder here. This is mainly for post workout sake and meals on the go. Cant really eat whole foods in between classes when schedules are pretty tight. its not like im living off protein powders. Trust me ive tried eating in class too.. its a good way to get on professors bad sides here..

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dymatize elite xt....it's like $24 on Nutraplanet

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Insider no question about it....
BioX Runs cheap deals from time to time (up to 20% off)
Scivation as well and Pronom by CL

bobbybondmo

Banned
Awards
Get OxyElite on sale at NP.....tastes 10 times better then PES IMO and just as effective. I have tried all flavors of both. The chocolate is absolutely sick.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Grab the Select or Trutein
got 2 tubs of select thus far!
Dymatize elite xt....it's like $24 on Nutraplanet
very disappointed in dymatizes products lately. had gotten some xt two orders ago and almost had to throw it out...

Insider no question about it....
BioX Runs cheap deals from time to time (up to 20% off)
Scivation as well and Pronom by CL
You got it! went with select but really wanting to try those new Cor flavors soon... they look so damn good.

Get OxyElite on sale at NP.....tastes 10 times better then PES IMO and just as effective. I have tried all flavors of both. The chocolate is absolutely sick.
tried oxy elite twice and couldnt stand the consistency unfortunately.... it was toooo powdery and ended up everywhere..

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
have you tried the brown sugar maple cookie flavor protean yet by IFN? it fits your price range and taste is amazing.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is a close second choice and i still may end up getting a tub... ive found it a few places for $47 for 75 servings and then additional shipping but even thats only about $0.73/serving
SAN Whey is WPC-80 as far as I know, which is why it's cheap but you're gonna have to deal with possible stomach issues if you're not used to concentrate. Also, it's Glanbia sourced so you know it's quality. It's a good pricepoint when things aren't on sale, but honestly, the PES Insider Select deal is RIDICULOUSLY good, so jump on it before it ends.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
protein here is unrealistically expensive, steak 5.29lb chicken is 4.49, Protein powder IS cheaper that buying whole food at this point.. even canned tuna is up over $1/can, this the reason Im supplementing protein powder here. This is mainly for post workout sake and meals on the go. Cant really eat whole foods in between classes when schedules are pretty tight. its not like im living off protein powders. Trust me ive tried eating in class too.. its a good way to get on professors bad sides here..
Where are you located?

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
have you tried the brown sugar maple cookie flavor protean yet by IFN? it fits your price range and taste is amazing.
Nope! actuallyhave yet to try an iForce protein product... ;)

SAN Whey is WPC-80 as far as I know, which is why it's cheap but you're gonna have to deal with possible stomach issues if you're not used to concentrate. Also, it's Glanbia sourced so you know it's quality. It's a good pricepoint when things aren't on sale, but honestly, the PES Insider Select deal is RIDICULOUSLY good, so jump on it before it ends.
Im used to all sorts of proteins, also i have an iron stomach so food rarely gives me problems. (once drank 8oz of franks red hot for a bet)

Where are you located?
Wisconsin. I know what youre thinking, why is farm product so expensive in a FARM state... idek man

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Sounds like now is the time to give it a shot. IFN Brown Sugar is my favorite, but also love the vanilla to make ice cream.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can vouch that IFN does a damn good job flavoring their proteins, some of the only ones I truly enjoy.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
:lmao: 10 times better than PES....

Not by a long shot my friend......

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Their banana is one of my favorite proteins
Love both blends, really hard to go wrong with either Select or OEProtein

Banana is my least favourite but USP nailed it with the vanilla and Strawberry Cheesecake

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Strawberry and Banana USP is hands down two of the best fruit flavors on the market.

Reactions: mw1
Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Their banana is one of my favorite proteins
Try SAN banana coconut. It's amazing IMO. Just hint of coconut and banana bombness.

Reactions: mw1
nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a 4th flavor of Select that's been getting much attention lately. It's called Chocladoodle. Half chocolate half snickerdoodle! (You have to mix them yourself...sorry)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
There is a 4th flavor of Select that's been getting much attention lately. It's called Chocladoodle. Half chocolate half snickerdoodle! (You have to mix them yourself...sorry)
Heart jumped upon reading first line lol

Thought you were saying flavour #4 was coming soon or something

Very true though, mixing the flavours adds great variety

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Heart jumped upon reading first line lol

Thought you were saying flavour #4 was coming soon or something

Very true though, mixing the flavours adds great variety
HaHa..me too. I was about to pull out my wallet! LOL!!!

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
But the mix is "Chococream". 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 cookies and cream. Add a pinch or two of cinnamon and BAM!!!!
Thank me later.

MuscleReview

MuscleReview

Awards
I like Optimum Whey, but that's just my preference.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If money is tight then why wouldn't you just stop buying protein powder and spend the money on actual food?

Chicken breast, chicken thighs, and eggs are all cheaper per serving then protein powder and real food is always better then protein powder

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bulk supplements sells 11lb bags of whey for 99.99, $9 per lb

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also, I don't know where you live but if you have a job lot or any of those type of discount stores that carry random overstock stuff you can usually fine 2lb tubs of protein powder for $10-$12