Should a sprinter use ephedrine? - AnabolicMinds.com

Should a sprinter use ephedrine?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Should a sprinter use ephedrine?

Clearly this is a stimulant and it will improve coordination and fast twitch response. I see conflicting articles on its benefit on sprint performance (100-400m) because of high blood pressure. I know the media hypes the danger of this supplement but what is the heart exploding threshold? I plan on using it 1 bronkaid (25mg ephedrine) preworkout as im not so much interested in the cutting aspect of it

2. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I wouldn't do any intense cardio on ec. I would use something more mild. Any reason you're set on ec? The guaf will help with lung capacity but I would be concerned about BP and heart rate getting too high with sprints. I do like to err on the side of caution though.
    Check out Island Supplements.com for all your supplement needs.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Afi140 View Post
    I wouldn't do any intense cardio on ec. I would use something more mild. Any reason you're set on ec? The guaf will help with lung capacity but I would be concerned about BP and heart rate getting too high with sprints. I do like to err on the side of caution though.
    I heard about the increased lung capacity and the stimulant benefits. Anything better out there that's safer?
    •   

4. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinterguy4 View Post
    I heard about the increased lung capacity and the stimulant benefits. Anything better out there that's safer?
    I would just use a more mild pre like white flood reborn. Alphamine is nice for cardio too even if you don't care about the fat loss components.
    Check out Island Supplements.com for all your supplement needs.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm of the mind that if you can tolerate it, go ahead but monitor yourself closely. I've done HIIT on EC and felt great, but this was after I titrated my dose and was used to its stimulant effects.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

this is all individual, there is no one-size-fits-all answer for OP, many ppl thru the yrs have used ephedrine let alone a boatload of other powerful stims, in sprinting type activities -- and i have yet to hear or read of exploding hearts

use your own judgement
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  168 lbs.

You're just taking ephedrine without the caffeine? Try it during one of your training. I love it personally, and I stack it with my preworkout. I've done sprints with it but not more than 100m at a time
  8. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
    You're just taking ephedrine without the caffeine? Try it during one of your training. I love it personally, and I stack it with my preworkout. I've done sprints with it but not more than 100m at a time
    Looking Beasty in the Avi bro..
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  115 lbs.

I have read some articles about ephedrine being used by sprinters but I am really not into it. I'm in a medical profession and I know and witnessed the dramatic effect by just 5mg of ephedrine in blood pressure. It could raise up to 30mmHg in a matter of 5 minutes. I am not against using it but I would suggest to seek professional advice first to know the right dose that you need rather than by just using it on your own.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What should I be using?
    By HTchris in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2012, 08:49 AM
  2. Should I be using an AI or nolvadex?
    By Presa in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 12:04 AM
  3. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 11:21 AM
  4. Should I be using a weight belt for squats?
    By drguitar78 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 11:37 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 04:04 PM