Adrafinil (Modafinils dirty legal secret)

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
See what I did there?

So I started taking Adrafinil a few days ago. It's said to increase in effectiveness over the course of the first week or so. I felt it the first dose, but effects became clearer and more pronounced by today (3rd or 4th day). If any of you have seen the film limitless, this is sorta like that. Modafinil is widely accepted as the closest real world drug to NZT. Modafinil is schedualed, expensive and tricky to acquire. Adrafinil is totally legal and can be ordered online from a variety of sources. It converts to modafinil in the liver and sources say that 600mg of adrafinil is just about the same as a regular dose of modafinil. I can't say from experience because I've only had the one, not the other.

Adrafinil for the win?

I find this stuff shuts out any kind of distraction and ups your focus. You become lucid, fluid, able to take on productive action because you have a taste for that sort of thing now. no longer content to sit around taking up space. This stuff is actually a brilliant workout supp, I just realized after an impromptu session at home here. It just sort of hit me. While muscles were sore from a busy week behind me, i just felt like moving, felt inspired. This stuff may be just what you need to pick yourself up out of a rut or reach some new level in your training game.

"Stay thirsty my friends"

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I like the effects of both Modafinil and Adrafinil but I hate the side effects. They do motivate and energize me like no other, but even at low doses, Mod gives me wicked tension headaches.

Adrafinil can supposedly elevate liver enzymes, so be cautious using it with alcohol/methyls/tylenol.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've read up on it, but seemed a little pharma to me. Is there a crash or any issues related to anxiety on it?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I've tried modafinil had a bit given to me via a developer in India..crazy they just walk into a pharmacy and get what ever, anyway this seemed easier to get so I might try this next. Has anyone compared the two?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've tried them both and they're pretty similar with Adrafinil being milder and it takes a little longer to kick in. I am fairly stim sensitive so these have pretty powerful effects for me. I also have ADD and Modafinil is sometimes used to treat this off-label.

The effects take about an hour to kick in. Alertness starts to kick in first, then focus, then "motivation" or perhaps more accurately, "I will lose my sh!t if I don't get moving!". Once you're up and going, anxiousness is replaced by a quasi-euphoric feeling of getting stuff done...or taking joy in your work. This can last about 5-7 hours then as it fades, the sides kick in for me which include neck/shoulder tension and sometimes headaches. The crash is not like an adrenergic crash per se, but I am slightly more tired the next day, partly because I got'er done. I tend to only take these compounds when I really need to focus and get things done. Daily use would be unpleasant IMO, but some people report that it's a life changer drug for them.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for that feedback. I am stim sensitive too and also am affected the following day with grogginess from time to time if I take something overly "alert".

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
It's definitely interesting stuff. Useful for add or anyone who procrastinates, not so much as a general cure but as like a job specific focus/motivation enhancer. I find it almost takes away my ability to be comfortable watching movies or whatever, knowing there's work that could be done. Very useful, but comes off as 'dirty'. Not the type of thing you'd want to take all day everyday.

Comparitively, I'd definitely class it as less stimulating than adderal. While there is a noted synergy between adrafinil and caffeine, adrafinil on its own at lower doses can be rather mild. - In my experience. Somewhat of an unpredictible drug.

oh and I've found that drinking extra water helps with the tension headaches, which have been a factor for me until I start drinking water.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Definitely dirty pharma feel to it. At best, it's a great kick in the pants to get work done, but I should mention that I am breaking up the Mod tabs and taking perhaps 25-50 mg at a time. I've never taken a full 150-300mg..I think I would crawl out of my skin. I will trying an oral suspension that I made to see if even lower doses are useful and/or avoid side effects.

Jakey

Awards
Seems interesting, especially because modafinil is presciption only in the UK but adrafinil isn't scheduled or illegal for personal use.

Might have myself a new study supplement. ;)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd be interested to see how it compares to phenylpiracetam, which I love, and when people talk about modafinil or adrafinil, it always sounds a bit like phenyl.

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
I'm really curious about the racetams. Adrafinil was like my intro to chem. nootropics - I think with the right blend one could really enhance themselves.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just started taking Ani again after a 6 month break and I forgot how much I love this stuff. I have a closet full of Ani and Phenyl because I was scared they were going to be banned. LOL.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to say, the separation from emotion and logic is hitting strong now that I have started up again. Ani is a very logical noot and people have complained about it making them "robot like" and emotionless, but I think it is such a nice feeling. Very clear and calculated thinking.

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
Honestly, I think that would be useful for certain jobs. I often struggle in the work place for taking things to heart and not being robot like enough.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is so very true. I actually started taking it because of my job and the role that I am in. In older posts I believe that I have mentioned how I felt it allowed me to move ahead and be more successful.

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
I believe it. That's sort of my goal with all these things. I feel like if I find the right ones, it will help me get ahead. Certainly couldn't hurt my situation much.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
See what I did there?

So I started taking Adrafinil a few days ago. It's said to increase in effectiveness over the course of the first week or so. I felt it the first dose, but effects became clearer and more pronounced by today (3rd or 4th day). If any of you have seen the film limitless, this is sorta like that. Modafinil is widely accepted as the closest real world drug to NZT. Modafinil is schedualed, expensive and tricky to acquire. Adrafinil is totally legal and can be ordered online from a variety of sources. It converts to modafinil in the liver and sources say that 600mg of adrafinil is just about the same as a regular dose of modafinil. I can't say from experience because I've only had the one, not the other.

Adrafinil for the win?

I find this stuff shuts out any kind of distraction and ups your focus. You become lucid, fluid, able to take on productive action because you have a taste for that sort of thing now. no longer content to sit around taking up space. This stuff is actually a brilliant workout supp, I just realized after an impromptu session at home here. It just sort of hit me. While muscles were sore from a busy week behind me, i just felt like moving, felt inspired. This stuff may be just what you need to pick yourself up out of a rut or reach some new level in your training game.

"Stay thirsty my friends"
1) It's far from being like what one sees in Limitless (both adrafinil and modafinil)
2) Not that hard to get a script for modafinil TBH. Insurance also covers it.
3) The feel of adrafinil is quite different to modafinil. Modafinil feels less dirty/harsh/rough to me whilst adrafinil feels a bit dirty/rough/harsh. Basically, modafinil is a smoother ride IMO.

With that said, generic modafinil is kind of hit or miss so if you can get a script for modafinil, buy the Provigil brand.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, it's definitely not a life changing fantasy drug like the Limitless one..more like a better form of caffiene with more motivational and focus enhancing abilities plus a rotten headache afterwards.

It kind of compares to phenylpiracetam in the focus/motivation department but phenyl has a much greater cognitive enhancement, albeit short lived.

I think Ani interacts with dopamine somehow..hence the robo effect. I was having issues with dopamine levels when trying ani and didn't like the effects that much. The cognitive enhancement was nice, but the numbness wasn't. Might have to re-evaluate now that I use Tyrosine as a staple (and feeling much better).

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ani definitely interacts with dopamine and it is part of the reason people feel so good on it.

It is BY FAR my favorite nootropic and the one that makes me really feel, think, and speak exactly how I want. It is such a powerful feeling to never be at a loss for words when speaking- especially to a room or crowd of people. You feel like you own everything and that nothing can throw you off. I have often described it being like you just memorized a thesaurus and are using words you have no idea where you learned. It just flows.

The downside- my wife has already noticed something. I didn't tell her I was taking it again and she really has no idea what it is anyway. But, she has twice mentioned to me to stop "being cold" about conversations. An example is a story she was telling me about a good friend of ours that is going through some stuff and I broke it down into why they were wrong and what they could be doing to correct the situation, etc... She just rolled her eyes and commented about me always thinking I can fix everything. LOL. I hugged her and we laughed, but it does tell me that I need to back it down to maybe once a day or on an as needed basis, because it does kick in after about 30min, so no need to build it up in the system.

Weird that I took this for 2+ years and was not so aware until I took a break and came back.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Ani definitely interacts with dopamine and it is part of the reason people feel so good on it.

It is BY FAR my favorite nootropic and the one that makes me really feel, think, and speak exactly how I want. It is such a powerful feeling to never be at a loss for words when speaking- especially to a room or crowd of people. You feel like you own everything and that nothing can throw you off. I have often described it being like you just memorized a thesaurus and are using words you have no idea where you learned. It just flows.

The downside- my wife has already noticed something. I didn't tell her I was taking it again and she really has no idea what it is anyway. But, she has twice mentioned to me to stop "being cold" about conversations. An example is a story she was telling me about a good friend of ours that is going through some stuff and I broke it down into why they were wrong and what they could be doing to correct the situation, etc... She just rolled her eyes and commented about me always thinking I can fix everything. LOL. I hugged her and we laughed, but it does tell me that I need to back it down to maybe once a day or on an as needed basis, because it does kick in after about 30min, so no need to build it up in the system.

Weird that I took this for 2+ years and was not so aware until I took a break and came back.
I notice this when I am taking noopept especially, but really any strong(er) cognitive enhancer. Your rational mind tends to latch on to these things and the comparatively irrational "they are right no matter what" thoughts are lost.