all the whey

1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.42%

all the whey

I was looking at buying protein for the first time from allthewhey.com. They have great prices. I know that the isolate is a much purer form of whey protein than the blend of isolate and concentrate. Does it make that much of a difference if i use the blend over the isolate. It is a $30 difference for the 10 lb. i'll probably go with the isolate, but i just wanted to check with you guys

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Your better off with the blend.
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.43%

The only time it makes a BIG difference is for people who get gaseous and upset stomach from whey concentrate. The whey isolate is much gentler on the tummy. If that is not a problem for you get whatever. That being said primaforce substance WPI tastes soo good that I get it everytime, not because it is isolate...Dim
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Isolate has more protein per serving than concentrate. For instance, isolate may have anywhere from 90 to 96 percent of protein depending on filtration method. Concentrate on the other hand is usually below 80 percent and can go as low as 40 percent or so. This means your getting more protein per serving with the isolate as opposed to the concentrate. Isolates are lactose free as well as fat free and carb free where concentrates are not. If you don't have any problem with lactose than concentrate will be fine. You'll be saving yourself lots of money that way seeing that it's about half the price of isolates.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.31%

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Isolate has more protein per serving than concentrate. For instance, isolate may have anywhere from 90 to 96 percent of protein depending on filtration method. Concentrate on the other hand is usually below 80 percent and can go as low as 40 percent or so. This means your getting more protein per serving with the isolate as opposed to the concentrate. Isolates are lactose free as well as fat free and carb free where concentrates are not. If you don't have any problem with lactose than concentrate will be fine. You'll be saving yourself lots of money that way seeing that it's about half the price of isolates.
    Well said...I prefer isolate because the lactose causes me G.I. distress.

Speaking of which, I just received my 10lb container of choclate whey isolate from ALLTHEWHEY today. I love their stuff.

Similar Forum Threads

1. kudos to "all the whey"
    By julius kelp in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 12:36 AM
  2. All The Whey-Concentrate or Pure Isolate?
    By Pirate in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 07:02 PM
  3. how good is all the whey
    By orvise in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 11:49 PM