Please help are my symptoms from low T?

jakebake

Awards
I had more written but somehow deleted it so I will try to keep this shorter. I have been having a lot of symptoms and its weird for my because before this I have hardly ever been sick. I maybe had one cold in my life lol. Anyways, I have been working with my family doctor but I didn't tell him that about a year ago I took the prohormon android factory lean cut. I took it for about a month with the last week or so taking a double dose. It is supposed to be mild. I was told that for PCT all I would need is cycle assist and daa. When I was supposed to be on pct we ended up moving and I only took cycle assist for about a week. Everything seemed fine until I started having a little testicle pain about a month later. I waited a little bit and then ended up finishing the cycle assist. Everything seemed to be fine until I was having some pain after urination. It was just in the shaft and was not very severe. I then started to have some pain after ejaculation. Its been a few months since then and right now the ejaculation pain is gone but I still have a little pain after urination. I am also having a lot of muscle tightness and join pain especially when I wake up. I have also been having a lot lower back pain. My hands are also more shaky than normal. Basically I feel 80-years-old lol.
I went to the doctor and had 9 viles of blood drawn. I got a complete panel, autoimmune panel, thyroid panel and male hormone panel.
Everything seemed to come back good except for a slight elevated white blood count and very slight calcium level.
My thyroid levels seem to be good as well:
t4 8.9
tsh 1.0
t3 total 116
t4 free 1.6
Also had my psa done just in case and it is 0.6.

I have never had my blood drawn before and was super nervous so I thought my cortisol level was raised because of that but now seems really high. I had been fasting and got the test done about 3:00pm. Normal high range for that time is 17 and mine is 32.6.
They forgot to give me my testosterone levels and I just found them out today and it is 425. I am 26-years-old and this seems to be low for my age? I have also felt like my testosterone levels were high before now or taking the prohormone.

So what do you guys think? No one seems to think its anything serious but I am sick of feeling like this. Never thought it was the prohormone because that was about a year ago but now I am thinking maybe it is from that.
Thoughts?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You need to tell your physician everything. Every single thing and if this is a concern, then you need to come clean. Some on these boards will go off about how physicians don't understand supplements or prohormones, but then you're putting your life in the hands of strangers on the internet rather than trusting in your physician. If you don't trust your current physician enough to tell them everything, then you need to find another physician. They need all of the pieces to help solve the puzzle and it's not worth your health to hold back because you're embarrassed or don't think it matters or don't want to hear a lecture. If there is something seriously wrong, then the sooner they figure out what it is and treat it, the better.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Low T shouldnt make your dong hurt nor make urination and ejaculation painful. That sounds like other issues.

Without prior blood tests tere is no way of knowing whether or not you are suppressed. Talk to ylur doc about your issues, its the only real way forward from here.

jakebake

Awards
Low T shouldnt make your dong hurt nor make urination and ejaculation painful. That sounds like other issues.

Without prior blood tests tere is no way of knowing whether or not you are suppressed. Talk to ylur doc about your issues, its the only real way forward from here.
I am going to talk to him today and have been telling him my issues but because of blood work didn't think of anything as a concern. I will tell him about the prohormone though. Isn't 425 total test low for 26 years old or is that average? I know its within "normal" ranges.
I also took a week and half of the antibiotic cipro cause thought could be prostate infection.

jakebake

Awards
Also I have some daa should I try taking it in the meantime to see if it helps or will that do more harm

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1) You need to get a referral to an endo
2) You need to get retested and make sure that elevated calcium level is back in normal range. It is very common to be out of range on a test, but if it is still elevated, that is a sign of an issue that needs to be addressed quickly.
3) 425 is low normal, but a single total test lab tells you nothing. You need to place the pieces of a full hormone panel together over a series of tests to get a real answer.
4) DO NOT take the DAA. Especially if you are going to get retested. DAA skews values badly and can decrease test and increase estrogen levels. Until you know what is going on, avoid it.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Talk to your doctor about a UTI immediately. All your symptoms point to a UTI and you have an elevated white count. It now looks like you have symptoms of a disemminated infection like arthralgias and joint pain, so do not delay with your next appointment.

You absolutely do not need an endocrinologist appointment right now, esp. with your levels and completely unrelated symptoms. What you do need to do is call your primary care provider and tell him you're concerned about a disemminated urinary tract infection

jakebake

Awards
Talk to your doctor about a UTI immediately. All your symptoms point to a UTI and you have an elevated white count. It now looks like you have symptoms of a disemminated infection like arthralgias and joint pain, so do not delay with your next appointment.

You absolutely do not need an endocrinologist appointment right now, esp. with your levels and completely unrelated symptoms. What you do need to do is call your primary care provider and tell him you're concerned about a disemminated urinary tract infection
I was tested for a uti I had a urinalysis and everything came back negative. The wbc only showed in blood. Do you still think it could be a uti? It doesn't hurt very much after urinating anymore just sometimes a little bit. However my stream is weird occasionally like starts not as strong and split apart until it gets stronger.

All my joints and maybe bones? Not sure just seem to be sensative and muscles hurt or tighter than normal even though have not been working out.
I can ask him about it do you still think it could be that? And I thought for someone my AGR average testosterone would be like 600?

Here are what are elevated from my blood work. I can post the whole thing if you guys want to see it.

Wbc 12.7 range 4-11
Absolute neutral hip 9.7 range 1.6-9.3
Anion gap 22 range 4-18
Protein 8.5 range 6-8
Albumin 5.7 range 3.3-4.9
Calcium 10.7 range 8.7-10.5
Keystones in urine ..trace

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I sure hope with the description provided and the labs that his PCP would have figured that out.

jakebake

Awards
If you had a UTI.
yea everything came back negative for it
maybe talking to urologist my be good to talk to? dunno if would have anything to do with prostate though

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I was tested for a uti I had a urinalysis and everything came back negative. The wbc only showed in blood. Do you still think it could be a uti? It doesn't hurt very much after urinating anymore just sometimes a little bit. However my stream is weird occasionally like starts not as strong and split apart until it gets stronger.

All my joints and maybe bones? Not sure just seem to be sensative and muscles hurt or tighter than normal even though have not been working out.
I can ask him about it do you still think it could be that? And I thought for someone my AGR average testosterone would be like 600?

Here are what are elevated from my blood work. I can post the whole thing if you guys want to see it.

Wbc 12.7 range 4-11
Absolute neutral hip 9.7 range 1.6-9.3
Anion gap 22 range 4-18
Protein 8.5 range 6-8
Albumin 5.7 range 3.3-4.9
Calcium 10.7 range 8.7-10.5
Keystones in urine ..trace
If he got a urine culture that was negative, it's unlikely to be a UTI. I would ask for a gonococcal screen though, as that's a major cause for culture negative UTI that can give weird symptoms like yours as well.

Regardless, it's not related to testosterone. First, your T levels look fine. Everyone has their own optimal set point. Second, even if your T levels were close to zero (which we see in prostate cancer patients with orchidectomies), your chief symptoms would not be dysuria and joint pains. For whatever reason, whenever something is wrong, patients very frequently turn to hormones. The reality is that the endocrine system is only a small component of how you "feel" on a day to day basis, and it's best to address far more likely causes first. Schedule a followup with your doctor, as he's the only one who has a true history and physical exam on you.

jakebake

Awards
If he got a urine culture that was negative, it's unlikely to be a UTI. I would ask for a gonococcal screen though, as that's a major cause for culture negative UTI that can give weird symptoms like yours as well.

Regardless, it's not related to testosterone. First, your T levels look fine. Everyone has their own optimal set point. Second, even if your T levels were close to zero (which we see in prostate cancer patients with orchidectomies), your chief symptoms would not be dysuria and joint pains. For whatever reason, whenever something is wrong, patients very frequently turn to hormones. The reality is that the endocrine system is only a small component of how you "feel" on a day to day basis, and it's best to address far more likely causes first. Schedule a followup with your doctor, as he's the only one who has a true history and physical exam on you.
Thank you! Yes I've made an appointment. The reason I turned to hormones is because it all started happening after taking the pro hormone which is the only thing I have really done that would cause something unless its not related at all.

jakebake

Awards

I looked upgonnoccal and I did have a test for gonehria and chlaymedia and those both came back negative.
He also didn't think the calcium level was a concern because the ranges change anyways and it was barely over. What do you think? Is 10.7 on a scale to 10.5 really a concern. Would it cause any if this?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I looked upgonnoccal and I did have a test for gonehria and chlaymedia and those both came back negative.
He also didn't think the calcium level was a concern because the ranges change anyways and it was barely over. What do you think? Is 10.7 on a scale to 10.5 really a concern. Would it cause any if this?
OK good, it sounds like your doctor is pretty competent. Believe it or not, many of the "old school" primary physicians see a negative culture and don't even think to check gonnorrhea or chlamydia.

As for calcium, don't go by reference ranges (for anything really). They're more for lay-people to get an idea of their levels, but you really need a medical professional to interpret them. For instance, calcium circulates bound to albumin, and because your albumin levels are high, your free calcium (which actually matters) is actually well within normal limits. So not only is your corrected calcium not high, but it's actually totally normal and healthy. It would be unusual if your calcium weren't on the upper end of normal or slightly out of range

jakebake

Awards
OK good, it sounds like your doctor is pretty competent. Believe it or not, many of the "old school" primary physicians see a negative culture and don't even think to check gonnorrhea or chlamydia.

As for calcium, don't go by reference ranges (for anything really). They're more for lay-people to get an idea of their levels, but you really need a medical professional to interpret them. For instance, calcium circulates bound to albumin, and because your albumin levels are high, your free calcium (which actually matters) is actually well within normal limits. So not only is your corrected calcium not high, but it's actually totally normal and healthy. It would be unusual if your calcium weren't on the upper end of normal or slightly out of range
Ah OK so what exactly does albumin being high mean? And what do you think about the wbc being high and absolute neutrophil or the other stuff that's high. Just sucks cause so far nothing jumping out that's easily diagnosed :/

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ah OK so what exactly does albumin being high mean? And what do you think about the wbc being high and absolute neutrophil or the other stuff that's high. Just sucks cause so far nothing jumping out that's easily diagnosed :/
The former means nothing, you eat a high protein diet. The latter could be anything, perhaps recovery from a subclinical infection