Protein

vikingbeard

Awards
Whats the best source of protein for someone pushing 40 .

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Whats the best source of protein for someone pushing 40 .
Any...

Need a lot more details than age

Goals? Macros? Are you asking about protein supplements or whole foods?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Chicken breast, turkey breast, salmon, mussels, red meats, milk (IMO), eggs, high protein bread, nuts, quinoa

vikingbeard

Awards
Any... Need a lot more details than age Goals? Macros? Are you asking about protein supplements or whole foods?
. I honestly have no ideas what my goals are i would like to add some size while dropping some body fat . I guess in the grand scheme of things i kinda lost . Was doing hiit training for about a year then 3 months ago started gvt and when I started gvt i switched from muscletech whey to an collagen protein and now I'm beat all the time and going backwards i think .

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thabks for the PES Select love guys

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
USPLabs oxy-elite protein still has my heart, I friggen love the vanilla ice cream. I hear a lot of good things about PES Select as well

I bought nothing but chocolate protein for years -- tried USPlabs vanilla last week & I'm freakin' hooked!!!! Tastes like vanilla cupcake batter. :D

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
but that's not what the guy at GNC told me brah...
Only gender specific protein, right? I see a few companies have protein lines just for 'her'...I assume strong enough for a man, but ph balanced for a woman...? ;)

vikingbeard

Awards
Only gender specific protein, right? I see a few companies have protein lines just for 'her'...I assume strong enough for a man, but ph balanced for a woman...? ;)
thats good stuff !!!!! Haha . Just think that that collagen protein is crap and have to switch .

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
but that's not what the guy at GNC told me brah...
They are firm believers in the linear relationship between price-tag and effectiveness

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
your probably beat all the time cause your using collegen protein. replace that with a whey and casein blend if possible or just a strait whey product of your choosing.. there are many great ones out on the market and if you shop online you can save a lot of money. obviously I recommend food first and supplements only for what your lacking in your diet.

vikingbeard

Awards
your probably beat all the time cause your using collegen protein. replace that with a whey and casein blend if possible or just a strait whey product of your choosing.. there are many great ones out on the market and if you shop online you can save a lot of money. obviously I recommend food first and supplements only for what your lacking in your diet.
thank you very much for your input . I still have a lot to learn . Hopefully I will be back on track and feeling great soon ..

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
I go for pure whey protein isolate and the one brand I have always stand aside has been muscle feast. If you sign up for their emails they do sales for $54 per 5lb container and I stuck up everytime. They taste amazing and mix flawlessly too.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was at an ISSN conference recently where one of the speakers spoke on marketting to women in the supplement industry. They are a big demographic that gets targeted a lot

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was at an ISSN conference recently where one of the speakers spoke on marketting to women in the supplement industry. They are a big demographic that gets targeted a lot
CL has an entire line for women being dropped this month called gym angel. Smart move if you ask me.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CL has an entire line for women being dropped this month called gym angel. Smart move if you ask me.
Absolutely. Females that are not educated on supplements may think if they take a product, even something simple like protein, that is geared towards men, they will become "bulky and gain too much muscle." With a female line, CL could use the words like "tone" which cater more to the female audience.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Best source, food. Next whey. My girlfriend and I use IFN whey.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not surprised actually...I imagine the whole crossfit craze has only added to the marketing make up...

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
Chicken breast, turkey breast, salmon, mussels, red meats, milk (IMO), eggs, high protein bread, nuts, quinoa

This. minus the milk (imo) and plus a high quality protein (like whey isolate).

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly, if you are beat all the time, I wouldn't immediately jump to any specific type of protein supplement as the cause right off the bat.

Often times, people train too hard, too long, and/or too often. They can dig a hole for themselves and then suddenly they notice they no longer have any energy or motivation. You are doing a volume training approach, so THIS may be a big reason why you are so tired.

Second, Jiggz and others have pointed out - protein from foods should be your first priority. The sources that he and others listed are great sources. Get your diet in check.

Then, for supplements, I like to stick with higher quality milk/whey proteins. The debate between straight whey or a blend, or concentrates vs. isolates, etc. can be overwhelming and the truth, IMO, is that while the differences can be statistically significant - for most people it won't make a huge amount of difference, especially if they have their diet in check.

Personally, I ONLY use protein supplements around my workout. During my workout lately I've been taking about 15 g peptopro with 25 grams of a whey/milk blend and then I take another 25 grams of whey/milk blend after the workout. Beyond that, I don't use any kind of protein supplements at all and focus on getting protein in my diet.

vikingbeard

Awards
Honestly, if you are beat all the time, I wouldn't immediately jump to any specific type of protein supplement as the cause right off the bat. Often times, people train too hard, too long, and/or too often. They can dig a hole for themselves and then suddenly they notice they no longer have any energy or motivation. You are doing a volume training approach, so THIS may be a big reason why you are so tired. Second, Jiggz and others have pointed out - protein from foods should be your first priority. The sources that he and others listed are great sources. Get your diet in check. Then, for supplements, I like to stick with higher quality milk/whey proteins. The debate between straight whey or a blend, or concentrates vs. isolates, etc. can be overwhelming and the truth, IMO, is that while the differences can be statistically significant - for most people it won't make a huge amount of difference, especially if they have their diet in check. Personally, I ONLY use protein supplements around my workout. During my workout lately I've been taking about 15 g peptopro with 25 grams of a whey/milk blend and then I take another 25 grams of whey/milk blend after the workout. Beyond that, I don't use any kind of protein supplements at all and focus on getting protein in my diet.
the most informative response yet I have taken a week off switched to a different routine and canceled my order from visi that a friend of mine talked me into i think the stuff is garbage . Going to get my diet back in check do a little more homework on what I should be getting in me and when . Thank you so much HIT4ME . Back to taking whey after working out today and I think the break helped . Going to look into ordering from one of the sites above and compare it to what I have been taking . Thanks again !!!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Vikingbeard, I am glad if I was able to help! Good luck.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
meat, eggs, whey and casein

Speaking of casein, I tried Universals Casein Pro in choc pb banana... I was amazed.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
meat, eggs, whey and casein

Speaking of casein, I tried Universals Casein Pro in choc pb banana... I was amazed.
Universal's protein products are solid. I've had the vanilla casein and strawberry banana whey