Severe Neck Pain/Stiffness, could it be from Alphamax?

Zephyr

Awards
Hey everyone,

So I'm just about to finish my first bottle of Alphamax, and I love the stuff. I've been taking with DCP 2.0 and creatine, and feel more swollen/bulky then I ever have before. I really want to order another bottle and finish the 2 month cycle, but within the past week my neck has begun to absolutely kill me at all times of the day. It feels as if my neck is extremely stiff, muscles tightened, feelings of numbness/tingling/hot feeling and just all around uncomfortable.

I'm wondering if this could be a side from the Arimistane in the Alphamax? I know it can cause joint issues, but I always heard about it in legs/elbows/etc and not the neck or upper shoulders? I went to the doctor who said that it was most likely just highly inflamed, so he gave me some anti-inflammatories and they help a bit but not completely. I also went to a chiropractor to get a second opinion, and he told me that my neck is extremely tense, stiff, and lacking the ability for a full range of motion.

Neither knew much about supplements, so I'm wondering if this could be related to the Alphamax? or if anyone here has any similar experiences?

Thanks so much!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Over the last week has it gotten better or worse?

It could possibly be from Arimistane creating a stiff tighter feeling however it could also be the way you slept one night, tweaking it during workout etc.

Your best bet would be to discontinue Alphamax for a week or two and see if it gets better, however keep in mind that if it was hurt during sleep, tweaked etc, then it should get better over the next 2 weeks anyway, so be careful not to confuse the two if possible.

We've never heard any sort of complaint like this for Alphamax and to be honest never seen any complaint like this from ANY Arimistane product.

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
I'd highly doubt it. You probably tweaked something without realizing it and its taking time to work itself out.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Arimistane usually creates sore joints and not stiff muscles. I agree with Adizzle though, you can discontinue use for a week or so and see what happens. It sounds like you might have slept on it the wrong way and haven't given it the proper healing time or even let it heal at all. Even moving your head slightly while performing some exercises can stiffen the neck muscles. Take it from someone who has had a bad stiff neck about 3 times; look up stretching exercises on Google and do them daily. That and some heat will work very well. Also, consider your posture. Poor posture or prolonged sitting can make for a stiff neck.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get like this once in a while from TTA. Try increasing water intake as well as some electrolytes. That always seems to help me

Zephyr

Awards
Thanks for all the replies everyone, I forgot to mention that I do work a job requiring me to sit at a desk for anywhere from 9-13 hours a day, so it is possible that due to poor posture or arching my neck weird has caused it.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Arimistane usually creates sore joints and not stiff muscles. I agree with Adizzle though, you can discontinue use for a week or so and see what happens. It sounds like you might have slept on it the wrong way and haven't given it the proper healing time or even let it heal at all. Even moving your head slightly while performing some exercises can stiffen the neck muscles. Take it from someone who has had a bad stiff neck about 3 times; look up stretching exercises on Google and do them daily. That and some heat will work very well. Also, consider your posture. Poor posture or prolonged sitting can make for a stiff neck.
This is essentially what I came in to say.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies everyone, I forgot to mention that I do work a job requiring me to sit at a desk for anywhere from 9-13 hours a day, so it is possible that due to poor posture or arching my neck weird has caused it.
Yes this makes the most sense! Do some stretches as ANT mentioned and keep in mind your posture during the day. Make sure to keep us updated on how it goes! Glad your enjoying Alphamax otherwise!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last summer, I picked up another summer job while I was out of school. It was in a bank where I was sitting pretty much the whole day. I develop something called upper cross syndrome. A lot of people who sit develop this. My neck, upper back, and shoulders were constantly in pain. Look at the following link and also Google search Upper Cross Syndrome. It is quite possible you may have to reset you posture. It is just a series of exercises every day.

http://www.crossfitinvictus.com/blog/identifying-upper-cross-syndrome-for-dummies-part-1/

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it at a computer? Those who sit at a computer for ling hours twnd to lean forward and stretch the head out towards the monitor. You can try and focus on sitting upright with your head in the correct position

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Is it at a computer? Those who sit at a computer for ling hours twnd to lean forward and stretch the head out towards the monitor. You can try and focus on sitting upright with your head in the correct position
Guilty of this, not only will my neck start hurting for days, but my shoulder will kill me from reaching out too far. Posture is important in the gym and at the computer ;)

dbenj7

Awards
You've probably tweaked something however personally I am sensitive to anything that lowers estrogen and I've found any estrogen lowering compounds with continued use makes me more susceptible to muscle injuries

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guilty of this, not only will my neck start hurting for days, but my shoulder will kill me from reaching out too far. Posture is important in the gym and at the computer ;)
That is exactly what upper cross syndrome is.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely gonna look into that Ant! I've got pretty poor posture and am looking at computer screens all day. Four of em, lol. And am definitely guilty of leaning in when editing videos and doing photo shop work.

Zephyr

Awards
Looks like the posture thing is definitely the issue then! I actually work in banking as well Ant, so you deff feel my pain haha.

I'm stoked for the 2nd month of alphamax then, I feel as if I've just started to really take off so I'm curious if Alphamax is more effective in its 2nd half then the first (similar to how forskolin takes a while to kick in)? I'm prob gonna stop the DCP 2.0 after the bottle's done, and run purely 100mg Forskolin with the usual dosing of Alphamax, and hopefully keep adding strength while recomping!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I definitely love the second month of my alphamax runs! It's where I see the most strength gains and the drying out really takes hold and my muscles look much fuller.

Zephyr

Awards
Awesome, can't wait!

I hate to hijack my own thread haha, but while I'm getting all these great replies, are any of you aware of the benefits or usefulness of adding reduce xt to my forskolin/alphamax final month? Or maybe TTA-500?

Or would the forskolin/alphamax be sufficient enough to keep strength gains coming, while addressing some stubborn body fat?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While alphamax can do those for you, I've had success running it with a fat loss supplement at the same time. My favorite run so far with alphamax was on a cut with alphamine. Had amazing results.