Best single ingrediant for joints

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
My vote is for cissus. Glucosamine worked the first time I took it but now it doesn't do much. What's every body else's go to single ingredient to help the joints feel better?

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Cissus, but the best joint supp I've used is Flexible

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Lol cissus..... just like taking a aspirin , this product doesn't do anything in long term recovery for your joint , you can take the product for a few years , when you stop the pain come back. No't a smart move to use the cissus alone , this product only mask the pain , I always laugh when I see reviews saying " After two weeks of cissus I'm pain free, this is better than glucosamine and everything else " well no **** dumbass , I rather take glucosamine or stuff like that who can do something actually good for your joint on the long term.
can anyone validate this statement?

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Cissus, but the best joint supp I've used is Flexible
Second this; I too have been taking Flexible for several months now. I switched from Animal Flex; I think it has a more up to date profile.

Edit: TBH though, nothing has helped my joints more than consistent stretching/yoga/meditation

avega17

Awards
  • Established
can anyone validate this statement?
I'm not 100% on this but: Cissus is anti-inflammatory, and I am not sure if it does repair cartilage or not. I am aware that there are some "joint" compounds which repair, while others are merely for pain mitigation. Maybe someone else could clarify which are which.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
" in b4 study showing cissus can help healing bone so the deduction is : this product help healing tendon,LOL. This is why in one week we are pain free and when we stop the pain come back , strong healing ftw "

lmao , only study about cissus is about bone healing ( strong healing of tendon , ask all the guys who have tendonitis and start using cissus if when they stop they are healed ) , and other study showing reduction in pain ( hello analgesic effect )
In after someone gets offended by someone simply providing a response to the request for a study on cissus. I didn't make any claims that it in fact healed joints.

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
" in b4 study showing cissus can help healing bone so the deduction is : this product help healing tendon,LOL. This is why in one week we are pain free and when we stop the pain come back , strong healing ftw "

lmao , only study about cissus is about bone healing ( strong healing of tendon , ask all the guys who have tendonitis and start using cissus if when they stop they are healed ) , and other study showing reduction in pain ( hello analgesic effect )
I believe the thread topic asks what single ingredient helps alleviate joint pain. Even if cissus doesn't permantly fix the issue, what's wrong with a little temporary relief? I enjoy using it and it greatly reduces my knee pain.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
So if cissus doesn't heal what ingredient would? I'm asking for opinions and all ur doing is ragging on cissus

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Can anyone proove me wrong with study ?

in b4 study showing cissus can help healing bone so the deduction is : this product help healing tendon,LOL. This is why in one week we are pain free and when we stop the pain come back , strong healing ftw
Can you show me studies where Glucosamine supplementation actually improves joint health?

Because what I find are studies like these:

Arthritis Research & Therapy | Full text | Chondroitin and glucosamine sulfate in combination decrease the pro-resorptive properties of human osteoarthritis subchondral bone osteoblasts: a basic science study

BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine | Full text | Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate supplementation to treat symptomatic disc degeneration: Biochemical rationale and case report
Glucosamine - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

In 250 persons with degenerative lower back pain and chronic osteoarthritis in this joint, Glucosamine Sulfate supplementation at 1500mg for 6 months failed to reduce back pain either at the 6 month period of at follow-up 6 months after the trial ended.[77] From this study, a subgroup of 45 persons with confirmed Vertebral body marrow changes or high intensity zones (vertabrae findings on MRIs[78] thought to be related to back pain[79][80]) were investigated and no significant influence on these MRI biomarkers was observed
Glucosamine has never been implicating in reversing pathological changes of Osteoarthritis

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My vote is for cissus. Glucosamine worked the first time I took it but now it doesn't do much. What's every body else's go to single ingredient to help the joints feel better?
Yes cissus xt. Glucosamine is also good but it seems like one of those supps you really have to use for a long time before seeing the benefits.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
There is a study on cissus recently published showing reduction of inflammation. Glucosamine has awful evidence from a non-preventative standpoint. Best not to be rude if you're wrong

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Fish oil

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Cissus doesn't work as well for me as fish oil does for knee pain/recovery.

I tried Cissus at 3g/day with Primaforce, Bulk Super Cissus RX, and NutraPlanet. It seemed to make things slightly better.
I'd rather take my 3caps/day Walmart Spring Valley Triple Strength fish oil. More convenient, no flavor, less pain.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Cissus is all I use for joint support. I get it from Joint Help which has been helping me with knee and elbow issues for a while now.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My PT suggested glucosamine chrondotin to me to help as I've had four knee surgeries and am missing a boat load of cartilage. I've been pain free after a week of starting it and just recently ran a 7 mile road race that would have been impossible with the issues I was having before starting it.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some of the newer joint ingredients to be on the market have much better evidence than glucosamine or chondroitin, and in smaller doses.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Some of the newer joint ingredients to be on the market have much better evidence than glucosamine or chondroitin, and in smaller doses.
What would those be?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm just going off of what's been working for me. They may have better evidence but me being pain free is pretty much all the evidence I need, lol.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
boswellia gets my vote. ParActin worked really well for me also.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Curcumin, Boswellia, SAMe, ParActin, Cissus, et.al.
UC II should be added to that mix. Some like paractin and UC II have the benefit of not only reducing joint pain (analgesic effect), but also improving actual symptoms of joint problems and function.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry about the older thread bump but was looking at adding boswellia for my joint pain. Do you know if the boswellia extracts standardized to a high percentage of AKBA (like 5-Loxin) are better than an extract that's standardized for all boswellic acids?

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you want to use a boswellia supplement, you might want to use pre-formulated version. I have used one called Novajoint. It has a whole herbal lineup that is Glucosamine and Chondroitin free. So of course you can stack them.
The latest entry into the joint supplement is Kre-celazine. AAEFX came out with it in a sup called Joint Rehab. I know this one works. I blew out my knee lifting and I keep reinjuring it. I started taking this one week before a family hiking vacation in the White Mountains. I made it through although slower than I would like. Then I stopped taking it with work, work and some other headaches, and my knee got really stiff. Started taking and two days later it was better. I have not used it for long enough to say it is the best, but it is good.
Hope this helps.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good list right here. I did curcumim+Boswellia and cissus xt and my joints were smooth and painfree.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Another vote for Cissus here.

It's not a "miracle cure all," but I've used it for years (when needed) and it is a darn solid choice for joint issues and even some injuries.

Keep in mind that in general, the 10% extract of cissus is thought to be better for joint issues/injuries/pain relief, whilst the 20% extract is anecdotally better for its anabolic properties.

Regards,

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you want to use a boswellia supplement, you might want to use pre-formulated version. I have used one called Novajoint. It has a whole herbal lineup that is Glucosamine and Chondroitin free. So of course you can stack them.
The latest entry into the joint supplement is Kre-celazine. AAEFX came out with it in a sup called Joint Rehab. I know this one works. I blew out my knee lifting and I keep reinjuring it. I started taking this one week before a family hiking vacation in the White Mountains. I made it through although slower than I would like. Then I stopped taking it with work, work and some other headaches, and my knee got really stiff. Started taking and two days later it was better. I have not used it for long enough to say it is the best, but it is good.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for the info. However, I prefer to try a single ingredient (at least initially) as I tend to react strongly to some supplements and it's hard to know which might be the problem if I'm taking a formula (plus a single ingredient or two is usually cheaper). I've been taking curcumin and while it's helped a lot for general inflammation (especially lower back pain), it hasn't really done much for my joint issues. I've read boswellia is supposed to be really good for joints so thought I'd give that a try (and maybe replace curcumin with it as my daily anti-inflammatory).

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to remember to answer the question asked.
5-LOX has all the hype about being the most important active. But more often than not there are other actives that help in its efficacy. My opinion would be to go with a full spectrum to start with. I have seen with other supps that they start to lose potency when it gets overly purified.
I have not used straight Boswellia. I am an older lifter with no spare time and more money than in my youth. So I have gone with finished blends at a higher price tag.
This could be good to log for this board. Run a straight extract for a month, then change to 50% 5-LOX standardization and compare the results.

Good Luck,
And may joint relief be with you!

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
How about laxogenin? Thinking of giving that a go

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to remember to answer the question asked.
5-LOX has all the hype about being the most important active. But more often than not there are other actives that help in its efficacy. My opinion would be to go with a full spectrum to start with. I have seen with other supps that they start to lose potency when it gets overly purified.
I have not used straight Boswellia. I am an older lifter with no spare time and more money than in my youth. So I have gone with finished blends at a higher price tag.
This could be good to log for this board. Run a straight extract for a month, then change to 50% 5-LOX standardization and compare the results.

Good Luck,
And may joint relief be with you!
Thank you. Your response pretty well summarized my thoughts. It's similar to what I experienced with curcumin. Through trial and error I found that a formula which provided mainly curcumin (longvida) wasn't as effective for inflammation as ones that provided more curcuminoids (meriva and bcm-95). For me, isolated curcumin wasn't as effective for systemic inflammation as formulas that were more representative of the whole herb (by providing additional curcuminoids and not just curcumin itself). So, I was thinking boswellia might be similar in that an isolated compound might not be better than a more well-rounded extract.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read the thread title and thought "weed" but once in college we rolled pubes into a joint, so I guess anything goes!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
I read the thread title and thought "weed" but once in college we rolled pubes into a joint, so I guess anything goes!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!
I sure hope you didn't smoke it lol

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For sure! If you are going to use this type of herbal remedy, you are better off mixing in a little coconut oil and baking it into brownies. It gives you a much cleaner ride. Not much of an anti-inflammatory however.
I did give that up after my teen years. I run faster on stims!

louisaboy

Awards
  • Established
How about laxogenin? Thinking of giving that a go
Has worked for me. (shrugs shoulders). For all of the other things that it is said to do.. Im not sure of that. However, I used Laxo to help me heal from a back injury. Many will say placebo. I say LEGIT!! Especially, transdermally.

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
Someone say discount? Lol