Recovery supps

Kagennite

Kagennite

Awards
Anyone know from personal experience any supps that will decrease recovery time?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Universal Torrent is a favorite recovery formula of mine. MuscleTech Clear Muscle is worth looking into. As are HICA containing products such as MyoSynergy.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most people can get away with proper nutrition and sleep to enhance recovery. As for supps, BCAAs can, if you're dieting and having a tough time hitting your protein intake. However, I would look more at products that promote sleep or products that claim to increase HGH, which will promote better sleep generally.. Melatonin, ZMA, Growth Factor XT, Ergobolic, Animal PM, MAN REM PM, and AI 3z are some good supps to consider.

Kagennite

Kagennite

Awards
Most people can get away with proper nutrition and sleep to enhance recovery. As for supps, BCAAs can, if you're dieting and having a tough time hitting your protein intake. However, I would look more at products that promote sleep or products that claim to increase HGH, which will promote better sleep generally.. Melatonin, ZMA, Growth Factor XT, Ergobolic, Animal PM, MAN REM PM, and AI 3z are some good supps to consider.
My diets are track. I'm gaining and i sleep well but i was just wondering if theres any supp that could help. Never looked into HGH products much, are they worth it?

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Look into ZMA; a lot of the athletic population is deficient in both zinc and magnesium.

As far as post-workout: like the others have said, peri-workout nutrition is important. I have tried Universal Torrent and liked it, but you can get away with any other protein shake with some fruit as well. Gotta make sure your overall intake is sufficient to promote recovery.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
My diets are track. I'm gaining and i sleep well but i was just wondering if theres any supp that could help. Never looked into HGH products much, are they worth it?
Melatonin, which is in most of these products, can be hit or miss with some people. I personally do not respond well and wake up very groggy. I have also tried some of these "HGH" supplements, and did not really notice much of a difference at all. I believe the one I tried was AI HGHpro; look it into some of these and give it a shot nonetheless.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most HGH products just promote a deeper, more restful sleep which in turn, helps recovery.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anyone know from personal experience any supps that will decrease recovery time?
Maybe look into Labrada Humanogrowth or Humanofort. I have yet to try either of these, but they look like they would truly help in recovery.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
MyoBuild from MuscleTech. One of the best recovery agents available. LCLT, Betaine, Creatine HCL, BCAA's, Adaptogens... Solid option.

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
BCAAs hands down the most effective recovery supplement for me. Never taken any HGH support supplements, however.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
BCAAs hands down the most effective recovery supplement for me. Never taken any HGH support supplements, however.
Check out the Growth Factor XT label sometime. Sleep and recovery benefits. Recovery benefits that are independent of sleeps effect on recovery (LCLT).

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can look into CreMax, Creatine has a long track record of increasing recovery. As well it contains gram doses of Taurine, Betaine Anhydrous and Creatinol O Phosphate which will all aid in performance and recovery times. As well it contains an electrolyte comples for proper hydration.

You can add 2 scoops to your post workout shake and should notice differences relatively quickly.

NP has a sale on it, $17.99 normal price and buy 2 get it at $9.91, you really can't afford to not add it in your stack!!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tons of options.

A well balanced diet is first on the list off course. Followed by plenty of good sleep.

After that peri workout nutrition is a must. Carbs and protein post workout mostly. Hbcd and a good isolate are two things you can use here followed by a whole meal about an hour later.

Intra workout I would use a bcaa supplement such as FINAFLEX BCAA/SAA.

To help get the restful sleep you need try out G8 as it helps get you into a deep sleep that will aid in GH reuse throughout the night.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
IFN has some good stuff to help with recovery. compete is a really cool formula and the others stand alone for decent recovery aids.

compete_lg.png

humanabol_lg.png

ecdy_lg.png

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so much stuff you could use here, some of the stuff i use

compete and a bcaa mixture intra workout
lights out or g8 for restful sleep
creatine
and glutamine, yes glutamine, i know i know....but when i use it i get reduced doms, not that i'm recovering quicker but i don't have the nagging soreness

however diet is important, sleep with out without a supplement is super important....things like stretching and massages could aid as well

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good peri-workout nutrition, some active recovery, lots of sleep. Supplement wise biggest difference fir me us using a good BCAA http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/pes-amino-iv-blue-berry-burst.html Or if its a joint thing adding cissus can be a lifesaver
I'd look into this OP. There are multiple ingredients (HICA, Taurine, Lemon Verbena) that have data showing recovery benefits in athletes. These are on top of the high doses Leucine and EAAs.

It is pretty much a staple for me to fuel my recovery from my intense training.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
you're getting all the right options in here..
a well-balanced attack concurrent with proper nutrition and rest goes a long way in proper recovery
our FINAFLEX BCAA+SAA used intelligently, and G8 for deep restful sleep are the next frontier of attack

Melatonin, which is in most of these products, can be hit or miss with some people. I personally do not respond well and wake up very groggy. I have also tried some of these "HGH" supplements, and did not really notice much of a difference at all. I believe the one I tried was AI HGHpro; look it into some of these and give it a shot nonetheless.
melatonin is not a prerequisite for any hgh product, and certainly among the products in the industry I would disagree with you and say melatonin is NOT in anywhere close to majority of them, perhaps very few..
our G8 does not contain melatonin, for example
in fact, melatonin is very misunderstood by the general public, not only in dosing suitability, but also indications .. if your body is producing melatonin suitably to begin with, you will not benefit one whit by addtl intake

A well balanced diet is first on the list off course. Followed by plenty of good sleep.

Intra workout I would use a bcaa supplement such as FINAFLEX BCAA/SAA.

To help get the restful sleep you need try out G8 as it helps get you into a deep sleep that will aid in GH reuse throughout the night.
this guy :thumbsup:

Another vote on G8 as well, absolutely love the stuff. Better sleep, more energy through the day and better recovery

Orbit Nutrition - Buy FINAFLEX G8 Cheap!
thank you D2L, appreciate the love & recognition!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Good peri workout nutrition is the best place to start. Carbs and/ or BCAAs/EAAs.

Adequete rest and foam rolling can also help.

After those are down, then things like Growth Factor XT may help out a little more.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Food
BCAA
Compete
Sleep

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Clear Muscle is working really well for me. Universal Torrent is a favorite of mine. PeptoPro is also very much worth looking into.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Clear Muscle is working really well for me. Universal Torrent is a favorite of mine. PeptoPro is also very much worth looking into.
Have you dosed the PeptoPro intra-workout with carbs before?

dbenj7

Awards
Obviously need to have your overall nutrition in check, plus things like stretching, foam rolling or anything that stimulates myofascial release will help alot. Make sure you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, sounds like a wives tale but actually does make a difference. A decent greens formula can help if you don't get enough in. +1 for Universal torrent, I used to use that after soccer and it worked well. Nowadays I just mix BCAAs and some form of carb source together to get the recovery process started. I tried karbolyn for a carb source but did not like it, am currently using prosupps Karbolic and I'm a fan. If you want a readymade formula then I liked universal torrent and Myogenix aftershock recovery. ON make a 2:1:1 Recovery formula though I am yet to try it. I got a tub of isatori bio-gro pretty cheap which I am going to give a try, I've seen mixed feedback but will be interesting to see how it performs recovery wise. Finally of utmost importance - make sure you get decent, consistent sleep.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Loving my Clear Muscle run.

Intra I currently use 25g HBCD and 15g EAA, but plan on going to 40-50g HBCD, 15g EAA, and 10g PeptoPro when I start gaining and have more cals

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
The number 1 best thing for recovery OTC is 1.)50gr Highly branched cyclic Dextrin + 20gr Peptapro
2.) " " + 20-40gr EAA
3.) ". " + 20-40gr BCAA

Adjust ratios accordingly based on recovery.
strong this, ever since i followed Distilled and Breezy's advice and started using HBCD, it's insane the difference you'll feel. not only recovering better, but just better endurance as well

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check out the Growth Factor XT label sometime. Sleep and recovery benefits. Recovery benefits that are independent of sleeps effect on recovery (LCLT).
Solid formula.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Loving my Clear Muscle run. Intra I currently use 25g HBCD and 15g EAA, but plan on going to 40-50g HBCD, 15g EAA, and 10g PeptoPro when I start gaining and have more cals
I've been seeing a ton of feedback on stacks like this. How long are your typical workouts?

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I've been seeing a ton of feedback on stacks like this. How long are your typical workouts?
Depends on the body part but anywhere from 75-120 minutes. A heavy leg day can go forever with proper rest in between. Its truly a game changer and I strongly strongly recommend it. I was skeptical at first but as I said breezy told me to try it and now I know why.

He put it this way to me: you're trying to destroy the muscle without destroying the muscle is how I interpreted it. You wanna train hard and illicit a growth response but the insulin from the HBCD helps prevent too much protein breakdown and provides more energy. More energy = better workouts. Plus the EAAs and PeptoPro have their obvious place.

I'm ordering PeptoPro tonight so I'll be able to comment on that but until then 2-3 scoops Amino IV does the job. Can't wait till I'm done cutting and I'll have more cals. But I'd say with this protocol and clear muscle I've nailed many many PRS and I'm 10-11 weeks into dieting and down to around 7-8% bf. Not internet 7-8% either lol

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
strong this, ever since i followed Distilled and Breezy's advice and started using HBCD, it's insane the difference you'll feel. not only recovering better, but just better endurance as well
Which brands of HBCD are you getting and where from?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends on the body part but anywhere from 75-120 minutes. A heavy leg day can go forever with proper rest in between. Its truly a game changer and I strongly strongly recommend it. I was skeptical at first but as I said breezy told me to try it and now I know why.

He put it this way to me: you're trying to destroy the muscle without destroying the muscle is how I interpreted it. You wanna train hard and illicit a growth response but the insulin from the HBCD helps prevent too much protein breakdown and provides more energy. More energy = better workouts. Plus the EAAs and PeptoPro have their obvious place.

I'm ordering PeptoPro tonight so I'll be able to comment on that but until then 2-3 scoops Amino IV does the job. Can't wait till I'm done cutting and I'll have more cals. But I'd say with this protocol and clear muscle I've nailed many many PRS and I'm 10-11 weeks into dieting and down to around 7-8% bf. Not internet 7-8% either lol
The main reasons I use an intra drink are to help with recovery, growth, and muscle retention. I've had a few lengthy posts breaking down intra-workout nutrition recently, which I'll try to find links to when I can get to a computer. The main idea is to slow MPB and increase MPS.

One benefit of HBCD that hasn't been mentioned is their cone shaped structure, which can trap other nutrients inside. HBCD has a high molecular weight and could bind to amino acids with a lower molecular weight, allowing both to be shuttled at the rate of the fast acting carbs.

Cyclodextrins are actually used in Febreeze and are what "traps" the odors. Instead of trapping stink, you're trapping EAA, BCAA, hydrolyzed proteins, etc., which then get shuttled at a fast rate along with the HBCD.

I know I've mentioned this to Swollbraham, but I'd be more concerned with the rest of your diet before worrying about what protein and carb sources to use intra-workout. Intra-nutrition is only a part of peri-nutrition, which is only a part of one's overall nutrition. Having all aspects on point should help greatly with recovery and progress.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The main reasons I use an intra drink are to help with recovery, growth, and muscle retention. I've had a few lengthy posts breaking down intra-workout nutrition recently, which I'll try to find links to when I can get to a computer. The main idea is to slow MPB and increase MPS.

One benefit of HBCD that hasn't been mentioned is their cone shaped structure, which can trap other nutrients inside. HBCD has a high molecular weight and could bind to amino acids with a lower molecular weight, allowing both to be shuttled at the rate of the fast acting carbs.

Cyclodextrins are actually used in Febreeze and are what "traps" the odors. Instead of trapping stink, you're trapping EAA, BCAA, hydrolyzed proteins, etc., which then get shuttled at a fast rate along with the HBCD.

I know I've mentioned this Swollbraham, but I'd be more concerned with the rest of your diet before worrying about what protein and carb sources to use intra-workout. Intra-nutrition is only a part of peri-nutrition, which is only a part of your overall nutrition. Having all aspects on point should help greatly with recovery and progress.
Good post Breezy.

For anyone who hasnt, check out Breezys log for a ton of good info

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3 words

Mass Pro Synthagen

dbenj7

Awards
Right now I'm using unflavored glycofuse. But I plan on ordering bulk HBCD from True Nutrition
Am yet to try glycofuse, have you used many other carb sources intra and I'm curious how they compared to glycofuse? I used Karbolyn and didn't like, I'm currently using prosupps karbolic and quite like it but was thinking about giving glycofuse a shot when it runs out.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Am yet to try glycofuse, have you used many other carb sources intra and I'm curious how they compared to glycofuse? I used Karbolyn and didn't like, I'm currently using prosupps karbolic and quite like it but was thinking about giving glycofuse a shot when it runs out.
only have used Glycofuse, and will probably jsut go to HBCD in bulk form from True Nutrition

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
gaspari's for sale now doe
Yes. There is a retailer that sellls the 60 (1500gm of carbs) serving size for $36.95 and they have a 5% discount code on top of that. TN comes in a $37.52 for 1500 grams of carbs and I have a 5% discount code there as well. So unless you have a 10% code from TN the Gaspari is still less expensive.