L-Glutamine and immune system

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm sure this has been talked about hundreds of times, but I just want to say how great of a supplement L-Glutamine is for the immune system.

Twice this summer I've gotten pretty sick, and immediately started using 20G of L-Glutamine per day, in 2 divided doses (along with zinc), and seriously was only sick for 3 days before becoming completely better. I've always read about how it can effect the immune system but never gave it a shot until now.

This stuff really works to get rid of the nasties... I think I want to start using it daily now for the sole purpose of helping to prevent sickness.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
our Muscle Fiber is coming soon..
glutamine and fiber, a very valuable 1-2 punch for the bodybuilding crowd
look for it!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's definitely great for intestinal issues. Heals up the endothelial lining very quickly.

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
Will it raise bloodsugar and will I get an insulinresponse if its "eaten" by the GI?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
From the reports on pubmed that I've read, only 15g is needed daily (or at least that's what was used in the study), to produce an immune response. I take 10g x 2 doses (20G total) throughout the day and am using MST's Ajipure L-Glutamine. I just mix it with BCAA's for taste and down it goes.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's definitely great for intestinal issues. Heals up the endothelial lining very quickly.
Interesting... any reports of this combating GI issues with high doses of protein bolus or maybe forskolin?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Not that I know of, but it would be a pretty benign experiment. I used to give it to my wife who had ulcerative colitis. It would provide some fast relief..at least until the inflammation overpowered it. I've used it to recover from food poisoning and it soothes the gut with astonishing speed. May have to test it for immune boosting this winter.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've just started to give l-glutamine to my dog as well. He has a sensitive stomach and is prone to gastroenteritis. Going to keep some around the house at all times now.