Ashwagandha, cissus and hot coffee

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, recently started using coffee with a little bit of splenda to get down my bulk ashwagandha and cissus in the AM. Just curious if the hot coffee might degrade these supps at all? Anyone else do this?

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It won't, but why not try a nice cool drink instead to make it easier to swallow. I can't think of anything that hot coffee is going to help you ingest easier.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
It won't, but why not try a nice cool drink instead to make it easier to swallow. I can't think of anything that hot coffee is going to help you ingest easier.
Lol it's a habit for me to drink coffee in the morning so I kinda just lumped this in for the sake of ease and so I remember to get it in. Also it masks the taste of both supps pretty well considering I got 2.5g of each in there. I'd throw them in with a protein shake but I've been cutting back on the whey and replacing that with real food.

Gym God

Gym God

Awards
That's an overview but plenty of information can be pulled from that link.

Multi-patented Sensoril is a great choice to work with as they human studies to support the extracts pulled from ashwagandha.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Gym God

Gym God

Awards
Lol is this a commercial??
LOL… no man. You'll find good information on their extracting process. It's not a site to buy from. Sensoril can be found in health food stores / online solo or with other ingredients. I'm sure if you Google it, you can find which companies use it.

Edit: There is a list of brands using it, which you can find on their site.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
blacklac

blacklac

Awards
How could you ruin coffee like that.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
How could you ruin coffee like that.
Lol my office doesn't have good coffee so I'm ruining coffee that isn't to great to begin with...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Cissus would probably make Folger's taste better.

changemyoil66

Awards
I just put the cissus powder in my mouth and down some water after that. Much easier because cissus clumps when mixed with water.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I just put the cissus powder in my mouth and down some water after that. Much easier because cissus clumps when mixed with water.
I think it depends on the brand you get. Recently picked up some livelong brand cissus and can actually get it to mix pretty well in the coffee after stirring for a minute. Even with the ashwagandha there's no clumps or anything.

xhrr

Awards
I think it depends on the brand you get. Recently picked up some livelong brand cissus and can actually get it to mix pretty well in the coffee after stirring for a minute. Even with the ashwagandha there's no clumps or anything.
Im using LL cissus as well and its not tasty by any means but it mixes much better than other bulk cissus powder products I've used in the past. Still tastes like ground dirt but a better tasting ground dirt than others if that makes sense.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, recently started using coffee with a little bit of splenda to get down my bulk ashwagandha and cissus in the AM. Just curious if the hot coffee might degrade these supps at all? Anyone else do this?
No, the water or alcohol used in the extraction is heated to much higher temperatures.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Switched it up to some iced coffee this morning... I'm noticing that the cissus and ashwagandha definitely do not mix as well in the iced coffee... I ruined a good cup of iced coffee :(