DAA working too well

anon189

Awards
So I started my second cycle of DAA, running 4 weeks on 2 off. I know the test level gains from this supplement are supposed to be insignificant but it seems to be working too well. I am getting pretty bad acne, like much worse than I've ever had and I would stop using it but my bench is progressing fast. Last week did 225x5 this week 230x6 and while I'm on I consistently make these gains. Anyone else experience this? There is no way through placebo I am getting this much stronger and this much more acne. Also is there anything I can do that will stop the acne? Thanks for the help guys

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You could look into stacking it with Inhibit-P. A prolactin increase could be a contributing factor.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Might be diet that is causing acne. Or just one thing in your diet that is. I had that issue once where I just started adding in a few things into my bulking plan and started getting acne. Took them out and it went away.

anon189

Awards
My bulk diet essentially consists of red meat, pasta, and a gallon of milk. I don't know which of those foods would contribute to acne. As for prolactin increase are there any other symptoms? And shouldn't I just get caber if I have prolactin issues?

xhrr

Awards
My bulk diet essentially consists of red meat, pasta, and a gallon of milk. I don't know which of those foods would contribute to acne. As for prolactin increase are there any other symptoms? And shouldn't I just get caber if I have prolactin issues?
Could be the pasta or milk it just depends and varies from person to person. I know taking grains out of my diet has cleared up my skin considerably. You will have to figure out through trial and error. Subtract either grains or dairy at first and see what happens. If it doesn't work subtract which ever you didn't the first time. Should help you figure out which is causing the acne. Acne can definitely be made worse or better through diet assuming you are showering/washing your face daily which I'm assuming you are. Like I said I know consuming a lot of grains such as bread and pasta cause me to break out slightly. Dairy however does not and it could be the same for you or the other way around.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Inhibit P will be fine . Some of the sponsored stress have it for around $18

TheNietzsche

TheNietzsche

Awards
Caber would be a bit much for prolactin issues from DAA. An L-Dopa product such as Inhibit-P or Dopadex would be good for that purpose. Acnedren by BLR is another option, designed specifically for this purpose, never used it myself though I've heard good things about it, and it is reasonably priced.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
GOMAD. Crazy.

How many calories are you getting a day??

Btw, Google "GOMAD Acne".

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
You can get Ldopa and P5P from vitamin shoppe for cheap. Inhibit P is legit as stated or Bps Endosurge.

I get acne when my estrogen is high, just FYI, not sure about anyone else though.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Could be a few reasons, but realistically acne can occur whenever there is a change in hormones. Something like Inhibit-p can really help in that department. Heck, I run it just for the acne control and libido increase. Works fantastic.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I started my second cycle of DAA, running 4 weeks on 2 off. I know the test level gains from this supplement are supposed to be insignificant but it seems to be working too well. I am getting pretty bad acne, like much worse than I've ever had and I would stop using it but my bench is progressing fast. Last week did 225x5 this week 230x6 and while I'm on I consistently make these gains. Anyone else experience this? There is no way through placebo I am getting this much stronger and this much more acne. Also is there anything I can do that will stop the acne? Thanks for the help guys
You could have already had low t. If you already have low t daa has an exaggerated effect. Seriouslly. It's one of the reasons it's always in my pct.

Acne could be a byproduct of increased test.

anon189

Awards
I'm 19 so I never really considered low test as a possibility but one of my friends just had his t levels checked and they were in the low 200's so it may be a possibility. I've had really good strength gains this past year, is that possible with low t? I'll look into inhibit-p but I'm really not a fan of those PCT OTC products in general. I'm trying to hit 3500+ calories before heavy lifts, and I've done GOMAD before and I never really had bad acne from it. I have some clomid(was gonna run **** but decided to wait), could that be beneficial at all?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

"Three large studies reported a positive association between milk intake and acne. The studies of Adebamowo et al.[SUP]29,30[/SUP] demonstrated that higher levels of milk consumption were associated with acne risk in both boys and girls. In the Nurses’ Health Study II,[SUP]27[/SUP] women who consumed more milk as adolescents (based on later recall) showed a greater prevalence of severe acne than those with less frequent consumption. These findings are supported by previous population-based studies,[SUP]19,22,23[/SUP] in which areas with minimal consumption of dairy products had a very low acne prevalence.

In recent observational studies, skimmed milk was consistently associated with acne, suggesting that the fat content of milk does not appear to affect its acne-causing ability. Some authors have reported that the hormones in milk, such as IGF-1, 5α-reduced steroids, and α-lactalbumin, may survive milk processing and affect the pilosebaceous unit.[SUP]40[/SUP] Milk consumption also increases IGF-1 production, which has been associated with ovarian androgen production in premenarchal girls and acne in adult women.41,42"

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-4632.2009.04002.x/full

anon189

Awards
Thanks for the info man, that's pretty interesting stuff. I wonder if the igf-1 increase is substantial enough to make a difference in muscle mass. Makes milk so much more enticing haha. I'm gonna cut down on the milk but I may take some antibiotics or something to kill acne when I do GOMAD then

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm 19 so I never really considered low test as a possibility but one of my friends just had his t levels checked and they were in the low 200's so it may be a possibility. I've had really good strength gains this past year, is that possible with low t? I'll look into inhibit-p but I'm really not a fan of those PCT OTC products in general. I'm trying to hit 3500+ calories before heavy lifts, and I've done GOMAD before and I never really had bad acne from it. I have some clomid(was gonna run **** but decided to wait), could that be beneficial at all?
It's worth it to get it checked out. Young age doesn't always indicate optimal hormonal levels.

infraredline

Awards
DAA always makes me break out worse than actual anabolic steroids do. Just get an OTC facial acne cleanse from the store and that will fix any skin issues.