Syntha 6

eddieSt.james

eddieSt.james

Awards
What's the best way to use this? It's not really for post-workout, right? Mid afternoon snack? Bedtime, maybe? Or am I falling victim to BSN hype?!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It can be used at any point during the day. No one time of dosing is going to have more benefit then the other.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's just protein man

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
It's just protein man
mmm yes and no..

I think OPs point being, if I am not mistaken, is due to the macro construction of it, he is wondering if it is better suited for any particular time

it is more suited to be a MRP type product, versus simple protein on its own or as an adjunct in a meal to boost protein in a meal that may be lacking

just saying "protein is protein" makes no distinction between MRP type mixes for example, and say isolates or straight casein or something like that

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
mmm yes and no.. I think OPs point being, if I am not mistaken, is due to the macro construction of it, he is wondering if it is better suited for any particular time it is more suited to be a MRP type product, versus simple protein on its own or as an adjunct in a meal to boost protein in a meal that may be lacking just saying "protein is protein" makes no distinction between MRP type mixes for example, and say isolates or straight casein or something like that
Haven't looked at the label in a long time, but do they claim for it to be a MRP? I know it's a higher caloric option (high fiber and additional fat, right?), but it lacks some of the constitutes other MRP's have (thinking of Controlled Labs options).

Regardless, strawberry is delicious. :D

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Haven't looked at the label in a long time, but do they claim for it to be a MRP? I know it's a higher caloric option (high fiber and additional fat, right?), but it lacks some of the constitutes other MRP's have (thinking of Controlled Labs options).

I don't know if they claim it as MRP or not - I sure do tho, going from memory on how it is constructed
(like you, been a long while since I looked at label or used this personally)

seems like 2 scoops would get you ~42g p/32g c/12g fat @400cals (again from memory) -- that to me is MRP

as for controlled labs - you thinking gold feast? yeah that is pretty unique in the market, definitely

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
When I first started out training I was using it as a preWO meal as I trained in the morning. Though the more research I have done, the more I learned what works best for me. Like now I only have take Isotean postWO, otherwise I stay away from protein powders unless I am bulking.
Though cant deny, it tastes pretty good.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
Take any time you want to clear out a room, no other protein gives me gas like this one.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

No they market it as a lean protein.

SYNTHA-6™ |CORE SERIES
$59.49 - 168.99 SRP
Ultra-Premium Lean Muscle Protein Powder

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
No they market it as a lean protein.
what does that mean V? who cares how it is marketed?
OP is looking for ways to best utilize it..i simply try to help put it in perspective

here, look - let me illustrate my point from above:

2 scoops syntha6 =
400cals, 44p/28c/12f

real food alternative, by cal/macro value:
6oz chicken breast on 2 slices Ezekiel, + 1 whole hard-boiled egg

micronutrients notwithstanding, looks like a small low-carb meal to me....
the point being, I would not consider this a"protein-only" type of product, or a lean protein for that matter
question to ponder: when discussing protein powders, what exactly makes one a "lean protein" anyway? :D

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what does that mean V? who cares how it is marketed?
OP is looking for ways to best utilize it..i simply try to help put it in perspective

here, look - let me illustrate my point from above:

2 scoops syntha6 =
400cals, 44p/28c/12f

real food alternative, by cal/macro value:
6oz chicken breast on 2 slices Ezekiel, + 1 whole hard-boiled egg

micronutrients notwithstanding, looks like a small low-carb meal to me....
the point being, I would not consider this a"protein-only" type of product, or a lean protein for that matter
question to ponder: when discussing protein powders, what exactly makes one a "lean protein" anyway? :D
It means that the person I quoted asked how they market it and I responded.

Your considerations are your considerations, you can view it however you see fit. To me, like I said it's just protein powder, that is all.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
It means that the person I quoted asked how they market it and I responded.
hmmm I see
nevermind that he asked me the question, not you eh?

but that's okay V, you seem to like to argue in your new position with OL
hey however you wish to roll bro, knock yourself out

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hmmm I see
nevermind that he asked me the question, not you eh?

but that's okay V, you seem to like to argue in your new position with OL
hey however you wish to roll bro, knock yourself out
Hahaha snags! Bro, I did the exact opposite of argue. I agreed to disagree lol! Quit trying to bait me ;)

Not now bateing!!! Come back later! You know what movie that is?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Hahaha snags! Bro, I did the exact opposite of argue. I agreed to disagree lol! Quit trying to bait me ;)

Not now bateing!!! Come back later! You know what movie that is?
todo bien en el capó, amigo, no te preocupes

I do not know the movie you reference, can only think of some take on being the Master Baiter for some reason....

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Idiocracy, I said bait and it reminded me of that lol, don't know why

Does that say, it's all good in the hood my friend, don't worry about it...?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can sometimes make stuff out; )

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
mmm yes and no.. I think OPs point being, if I am not mistaken, is due to the macro construction of it, he is wondering if it is better suited for any particular time it is more suited to be a MRP type product, versus simple protein on its own or as an adjunct in a meal to boost protein in a meal that may be lacking just saying "protein is protein" makes no distinction between MRP type mixes for example, and say isolates or straight casein or something like that
Your right snags. I wouldn't want to take this type of protein blend at bedtime, especially when I am cutting.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Idiocracy, I said bait and it reminded me of that lol, don't know why

Does that say, it's all good in the hood my friend, don't worry about it...?
bingo

pop quiz of the day: what is Spanish for the English word "bingo" ?

Your right snags. I wouldn't want to take this type of protein blend at bedtime, especially when I am cutting.
ahh not exactly my point, but yes we're moving in the right direction...
I am sure many would feel the same as you do; conversely, some may think this is the perfect night time blend

me, I have no use for it at all -- but all I'm saying is, if I did, then it would be with intent as an MRP, either alone or with other foods mixed in - think oats/pb/banana or blueberries if protein is the right flavor/etc

eddieSt.james

eddieSt.james

Awards
Whoa, easy fellas! Gotta love all the passion! Thanks for the great answers. Feels like a meal replacement to me, above all.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just used the strawberry to bake up some strawberry Funfetti loaves.

Syntha-6 is perfect for bakin goods (because of the awesome blend it is)