Creatine Mono or Bulk Leucine????

symbianblack

Awards
If you had to chose ONE which would you choose and why if you were running low on both? Which one out weighs the other to you??? I'm in this predicament

Reactions: mw1
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
depends.. is leucine being used to aid in over all "protein" consumption, do you train fasted? do you meet your daily macro goals and use it as a fail safe? i love leucine and am a creatine non responder

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
depends.. is leucine being used to aid in over all "protein" consumption, do you train fasted? do you meet your daily macro goals and use it as a fail safe? i love leucine and am a creatine non responder
Same here...I'm too a creatine non responder. I love leucine though.

symbianblack

Awards
I don't train fasted. I respond to creatine also

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Leucine when in a calorie deficit and/or fasting.

Otherwise, if you respond to creatine, then creatine.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
If this is an either/or situation, Id say buy the creatine. Theoretically, its possible/achievable to get adequate leucine intake through diet alone; not so much with creatine.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Creatine... you can find 1000g worth of many brands for around 20$

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
Creatine, like stated ^^

It's probably the most cost efficient supplement ever.

symbianblack

Awards
So leucine is trash if you're getting it from whey

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Youre moving the goal posts somewhat now. You initially asked which would be preferred in an either/or situation; this dosnt mean that what is not preferred is worthless and without merit or use.

Lifting_Dad

Lifting_Dad

Awards
+1 for creatine.
I prefer a creapure version to ensure quality.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you had to chose ONE which would you choose and why if you were running low on both? Which one out weighs the other to you??? I'm in this predicament
Creatine hands down.

Lucky though SNS offers very reasonable bulk creatine and ​leucine :D

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Admittedly never used leucine, but....

Creatine hands down

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
No its not. I always add leucine to shakes to ensure i get the amount needed for MPS. I now avoid creatine after my kidney values went out of range after a few years of using it

symbianblack

Awards
No its not. I always add leucine to shakes to ensure i get the amount needed for MPS. I now avoid creatine after my kidney values went out of range after a few years of using it
good its not another "glutamine"

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Did you have any symptoms prior to testing?
Nothing. A checkup picked it up. Bare in mind that it could have been anything and likely no cause for concern

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Creatine, if your diet is good you're getting plenty of leucine from your diet, but probably nowhere near the multigram doses of creatine you want.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Leucine when in a calorie deficit and/or fasting. Otherwise, if you respond to creatine, then creatine.
I'd probably opt for creatine more likely in a caloric deficit.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
creatine no matter if in calorie deficit or not...you can make up the difference in bulk leucine from diet easier than you can from creatine

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Creatin w/o a doubt

chris223

Awards
  • Established
Youre moving the goal posts somewhat now. You initially asked which would be preferred in an either/or situation; this dosnt mean that what is not preferred is worthless and without merit or use.
I like this response, and agree 100%. I'd take creatine if it was either/or, but leucine is not without value.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Reality is that both are very useful and realistically can be had fairly cheap. Creatine will be cheaper though. Tons of options available, but Allmax makes quality staples and single ingredient powders for both.

symbianblack

Awards
Reality is that both are very useful and realistically can be had fairly cheap. Creatine will be cheaper though. Tons of options available, but Allmax makes quality staples and single ingredient powders for both.
I used both creatine and leucine from Allmax and the quality is superb. Even though creatine is abundant, only the Creapure version of the monohydrate is best. I bought a vitamin shoppe monohydrate and it smelled like dead fish. Plus when I used it NON of it dissolved. Took it right back. Yeah I'm just gonna run creation. I tweeted Jim Stoppani and even said creatine