Creatine hydrochloride

eddieSt.james

eddieSt.james

Awards
I just learned about this and wondering about it vs monohydrate. Anyone have experience with it?
Thanks, guys.

healthfanatic

healthfanatic

Awards
It's becoming more popular because 2g of creatine hcl is supposedly equal to roughly 5g of monohydrate in terms of absorption. It's not really more or less effective than monohydrate, but it can be easier on your stomach and cause less bloating. Some people, including myself, react better to hcl. Not sure why. You kinda got play around and see which works best for you.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here is the greenmag profile. Two types of creatine totaling 5grams per serving. Along with 2g of TMG :)

Green MAGnitude Supplement Facts Serving Size: 1 scoop Servings Per Container: 80

Amount Per Serving Calories 0 Magnesium 350mg Magnesium Creatine Chelate 2500mg Dicreatine Malate 2500mg Betaine Anhydrous 2000mg L-Taurine 2000mg L-Tyrosine 500mg

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You'll reach saturation quicker with HCL supposedly, however once saturation is met, it's the same results. Maybe utilize HCL for a couple weeks, then stick to bulk mono (SNS I believe is the cheapest you'll find).

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't ever pay more for HCL over mono. They both work the same. As was said, you could get faster saturation with HCL but in reality it shouldn't make any difference long term.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've used it and it is easier on the GI track. Work just like mono..including the bloat. You can find it in bulk pretty cheap.

eddieSt.james

eddieSt.james

Awards
Thanks, guys, for the insights and info. I'm gonna try it for a few weeks and see.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, guys, for the insights and info. I'm gonna try it for a few weeks and see.
HCL is no better than mono apart from that it reaches saturation faster.

SNS likely has the cheapest mono you will find and it works just as well

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
HCL is no better than mono apart from that it reaches saturation faster. SNS likely has the cheapest mono you will find and it works just as well
... Copy cat.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
More like pimps racing to the same street corner:)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never understood the fascination with new types of creatine when monohydrate works so damn well.

I'm curious to hear if any of you actually get GI distress from mono, or if thats just another one of those bro fallacies propagated by quick to complain noobs and companies hoping to make a couple extra bucks by pimping their advanced forms of creatine.

changemyoil66

Awards
For me HCL works a little better than mono. But its way more expensive. For the price, I just go with creapure. 6 month supply for $20 compared to HCL 6 months for $180.

Also HCL took 8 days for saturation compared to 14 with Mono. Other than that there is no difference.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
For me HCL works a little better than mono. But its way more expensive. For the price, I just go with creapure. 6 month supply for $20 compared to HCL 6 months for $180.

Also HCL took 8 days for saturation compared to 14 with Mono. Other than that there is no difference.
We sell a years supply for under 15 ;)